IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

I stumbled across this: http://buzz.computer.free.fr/index.php?post/2014/04/08/Atari-7800-Multicart

I don't know the person responsible, but this could actually be something. It's dated less than a year ago. Maybe it'll happen. Does anyone know anything about it?

It appears to be a pirate style XX-in-1 where the included games cannot be modified once assembled, least not without a dedicated programmer. I can't see this replacing a true flash cart although a 256-in-1 "greatest hits" comp cart would be cool to have. I hope he's not planning to steal homebrews without permission though. Edited by stardust4ever

I stumbled across this: http://buzz.computer.free.fr/index.php?post/2014/04/08/Atari-7800-Multicart

I don't know the person responsible, but this could actually be something. It's dated less than a year ago. Maybe it'll happen. Does anyone know anything about it?

I know one thing ... people should totally give their systems a good dusting before snapping a picture to promote their new WIP. :P

Edited by SS

yeah, but he says "proto" and "will keep you updated" - then ...nada

and as said before - it's basically a clone machine that you stick into a machine

pointless if you want to choose/personalise your game choices

yeah, but he says "proto" and "will keep you updated" - then ...nada

and as said before - it's basically a clone machine that you stick into a machine

pointless if you want to choose/personalise your game choices

And somehow I'm skeptical that thing will have customization options for the more advanced homebrew mappers. It's also got a giant socket on it, which translates to "EPROM burner required."

• 1 month later...

Will the concerto cart ever come out?

I ask because there was one tiny update many months ago and no one has dusted off the cobwebs on this topic. The whole point of me buying a Atari 7800,was to buy the concerto cart if it ever comes out.

Am I looking on the wrong thread for up to date concerto news,

Sincerely,

Coleco82

Will the concerto cart ever come out?

I ask because there was one tiny update many months ago and no one has dusted off the cobwebs on this topic. The whole point of me buying a Atari 7800,was to buy the concerto cart if it ever comes out.

Am I looking on the wrong thread for up to date concerto news,

Sincerely,

Coleco82

May as well collect all the 7800 games ever released. Most of them can be acquired and aren't terribly hard to find. That is what I might endeavor to do, when I have the money. :)

• Like 1

May as well collect all the 7800 games ever released. Most of them can be acquired and aren't terribly hard to find. That is what I might endeavor to do, when I have the money. :)

Agreed. As an example of this, I just picked up a little less than half the 7800 library last week and it only ran me about $45/$50 from members on this forum. That'll more than tide me over until the SD flash cart is released, whenever it is. A lot of the "good" games are pretty common so it's easy to build up a solid library quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Only problem there is, I have a large collection of 7800 cart,

I stick it out at my games nights and not a lot of people know that 2600/7800 carts go in label facing out (WHY?) and even less of them dont know that you HAVE TO POWER IT OFF BEFORE REMOVING THE GAME

A SD/Flash cart is a must to stop idiots for breaking my beloved 7800

I stick it out at my games nights and not a lot of people know that 2600/7800 carts go in label facing out (WHY?) and even less of them dont know that you HAVE TO POWER IT OFF BEFORE REMOVING THE GAME

shiftyeyes.gif

I try to take good care of my equipment. That said, I have had consoles get knocked about with the vibration causing the game to seize up while in the cart bay, and have on occasion have accidentally ripped games out or inserted them while forgetting to turn the power off.

I've had a couple SRAM game saves get corrupted or wiped due to mishandling, but have never witnessed permanent damage to game carts or systems due to being yanked out while the power is on. Game carts are made of tougher stuff than that.

I'm not suggesting that damage due to improper cart loading hygiene is impossible; I just have not seen any empirical evidence anywhere to show that damage due to mishandling during load operations is likely.

I treat all my Atari consoles as if one false move and they will crack like an egg. This isn't far from the truth with my 5200, since the plastics on it are VERY brittle.

I don't think I would ever let anyone touch my stuff.

Mine, you hear me? MINE!

:P

Should be ready early next year, I hope.

Got these in two weeks ago :) The hardware was redesigned from the ground up, and I have to rewrite much of the code too. When I have something more to show you all, I will.

But this will be the final major redesign. Really.

Money standing by! Looking forward to buying as I prefer to play games on hardware versus PC emulation. Thanks so much for working on this :)

Money standing by! Looking forward to buying as I prefer to play games on hardware versus PC emulation. Thanks so much for working on this :)

Check the timestamp on that post you quoted. If true, I need to take a DeLorean back to February 2015 to pick up a copy! :grin:

That said, whenever this drops, "Shut up and Take my Money!" [insert graphic of Phillip J. Fry]

• 4 weeks later...

Another month, more crickets. *sigh*

I can only hope that someday, perhaps in a week, a month ... maybe two centuries hence ... we'll get a slew of posts and then it'll be time to call Philip J. Fry.

I have faith. After all, Bethesda finally made Fallout 4 ... ;)

post-30400-0-04919600-1440336158_thumb.png

Did they ever fix that issue with the faulty RAM chips? I believe that was the main snag as of a year ago...

Also waiting on Hokey chips. I've also got a spare Ballblazer I can harvest a Pokey from if the Hokey is holding up the 7800 SD. :P

I wonder what the status is on the HOKEY chips? Is that what's the real delay in the Concerto at this point?

If not, what else could be holding things up?

Edited by DrVenkman

Well, you asked.

True enough.

Perhaps I should have been more precise: what I (and I'm sure others) would love to know is if work on the Concerto is being held up for some new specific, technical reasons or setbacks (such as the prior issue with the RAM chip). Is it perhaps on hold while (others?) work on the HOKEY sound solution? Is it because the flux modulator broke down in someone's Flibbertigibbet while the Whosiwhatsis was out of town, crashing the framulator and deleting the stolen plans for the Death Star? Whatever. :)

Many of us have families obligations, work and career demands, hobbies outside of retro-gaming ... we understand. Inquiring about the status of a long-discussed project that has gone without updates is not in any way an accusation or demand, merely discussion and curiosity. No insult is intended or implied on my part.