IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

Good to hear from you, batari. This has been a year of health drama for me too, so you have my sympathy. I wish you a speedy and thorough recovery, if you're not there already.

A think to look forward to with our age..? At least these old ataris can help us feel young!

• Like 1

I had some health drama in 2014 so I know the feeling. I was hospitalized twice in 2014 due to diverticulitis and a perforated large intestine. The first visit was when it ruptured, second visit was for major surgery to cut out the diseased portion. All said and done, they had to cut out about 16 inches. I was extremely lucky I didn't need a colostomy bag. :woozy:

Fortunately most people have about six feet or so of lower bowel, more than the body actually needs to function, so it's entirely possible to live healthy lifestyle with a shorter intestine.

Good to hear from you, batari. This has been a year of health drama for me too, so you have my sympathy. I wish you a speedy and thorough recovery, if you're not there already.

I had some health drama in 2014 so I know the feeling. I was hospitalized twice in 2014 due to diverticulitis and a perforated large intestine. The first visit was when it ruptured, second visit was for major surgery to cut out the diseased portion. All said and done, they had to cut out about 16 inches. I was extremely lucky I didn't need a colostomy bag. :woozy:

Fortunately most people have about six feet or so of lower bowel, more than the body actually needs to function, so it's entirely possible to live healthy lifestyle with a shorter intestine.

a42d1.jpg

• Like 1

I haven't been active for a while. Not due to disinterest but life. I have had some health problems, and although not life-threatening, they have been debilitating. And of course I have been busy, but also I've had some other personal things this year on top of it all. It's been the hardest year of my life since... well, I don't know. I may share later about it all on one of the non-public subforums. I think I am finally on the right track again, and back to Atari stuff some more.

Price will be $119 for a bare board and $129 for a board in a case. As of now there are no labels yet nor a manual of any kind. I will provide a way to contact me at the show in the coming days.

Bully! I'm glad to hear you are "finally on the right track again." I've actually been a bit concerned about your health - while I don't know what issues you've had, your apparent lack of activity had me wondering if you were not well.

When available, I'll grab one, and the extra 10 USD for a case is well worth it. I can make my own label.

Edited by AceHart
  • Like 1

Hello all,

I haven't been active for a while. Not due to disinterest but life. I have had some health problems, and although not life-threatening, they have been debilitating. And of course I have been busy, but also I've had some other personal things this year on top of it all. It's been the hardest year of my life since... well, I don't know. I may share later about it all on one of the non-public subforums. I think I am finally on the right track again, and back to Atari stuff some more.

On that note, I have been making some effort toward fixing those bugs in Concerto BIOS. Some consoles work great, some have minor issues and some would load almost no games at all. I bought about a dozen 7800s and found some exhibiting all known bugs.

The bugs prevented me from selling the rest of the original lot of pre-production Concertos. I have maybe twenty of them still. I have mostly solved the loading issue, which is the most serious issue I believe, and that is enough for me to sell the remaining units - they will be available at PRGE this weekend. After the weekend, if any are left, I will make those available here, and then work toward an official release of Concerto.

I know there is competition right now, including existing products and other announced products and that is fine with me, but as long as I believe Concerto is still viable I will keep working on it.

Price will be $119 for a bare board and $129 for a board in a case. As of now there are no labels yet nor a manual of any kind. I will provide a way to contact me at the show in the coming days.

I will also post a BIOS update here for existing Concerto owners to try - I should have something in a day or two.

Again, sorry about the long delay with all of this stuff!

Hey Batari I sent you a PM, the new bios won't let me load anything with a Pokey address at $4000 (most games that have the feature). Any chance you could also post the old bios here so i can flash my cart back if need be?

Edited by funknflow5200

Hey Batari I sent you a PM, the new bios won't let me load anything with a Pokey address at $4000 (most games that have the feature). Any chance you could also post the old bios here so i can flash my cart back if need be?

i will PM the old bios to you (give me a chance to search for it) but also I will look into this issue and fix it. I still need to post the new bios anyway so at least that should be fixed first.
  • Like 1

I fixed that POKEY loading issue on the BIOS. May be no need to dig up that older BIOS at this point.

Here is the BIOS as of today. Still beta, obviously, but will be improved soon. Just fixed the loading issue on some consoles. Still need to add some bankswitch types and other features.

To flash this BIOS, put it on your SD card and select the file as if it were a game. It will flash the BIOS and say "Press a button to reboot." The reboot feature may not work correctly so you may need to manually power cycle the system after the reflash.

I do have a few Concertos left over and will offer them for sale shortly. I think most are spoken for (I will get back to those who wrote me) but if there are any left I will post here.

hbios_conc_10_24_16.cbi.zip

• Like 6

I am as well. I'm definitely interested in the (hopefully) next run. The Harmony is amazing and your dedication to making it (Concerto) perfect batari is appreciated.

Above all else, take care of yourself.

I fixed that POKEY loading issue on the BIOS. May be no need to dig up that older BIOS at this point.

Here is the BIOS as of today. Still beta, obviously, but will be improved soon. Just fixed the loading issue on some consoles. Still need to add some bankswitch types and other features.

To flash this BIOS, put it on your SD card and select the file as if it were a game. It will flash the BIOS and say "Press a button to reboot." The reboot feature may not work correctly so you may need to manually power cycle the system after the reflash.

I do have a few Concertos left over and will offer them for sale shortly. I think most are spoken for (I will get back to those who wrote me) but if there are any left I will post here.

thank you so much! I'll try it out tonight!

I have a handful of Concertos left and I have PM'ed those in order who requested to purchase one (since last week, that is.) I set up an inventory-controlled order page so they don't get oversold. One per person please. I will give everyone about a week to order then will start offering the remaining to others who PM'ed me after that.

• Like 5