IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

Timing is sending a ROM into an internal RAM buffer, next step, which is half completed, will be sending the received file to the 7800. icon_smile.gif

So you have the new "wireless" rom loading working on a 7800 utilizing a 7800 specific test rom? That is my guess... icon_smile.gif Or rather...that is the eventual goal?

Does this require a module for receive to be installed into the 7800 internally or is it on a modified MCP ram cart?

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

But will it work with existing commercial and homebrew roms, or are you going to restrict it?

A lockout code that unlocks with a special vouccher. If you have wallmart you buy 2 500 dollar itunes cards. You call line with code to unlock mcp.

Want me explain you again?

So you have the new "wireless" rom loading working on a 7800 utilizing a 7800 specific test rom? That is my guess... icon_smile.gif Or rather...that is the eventual goal?

Does this require a module for receive to be installed into the 7800 internally or is it on a modified MCP ram cart?

I am designing it so it is backwards compatible with the MCP control board. ;)

• Like 3

But will it work with existing commercial and homebrew roms, or are you going to restrict it?

It will work with the modified set of games that RevEng converted to the MCP. Don't forget, this is a development device, without it, you would never get such fast feedback and videos from Trebor. ;)

Very cool. Would a person be able to load games with a cellphone?

I see no reason, why not, as long as it is on the same LAN.

I may actually flash some games onto the device itself and add a couple more buttons to the web server. :ponder:

• Like 3

Well when your all done hit me up with a purchase for this device please.

I have something similar on the a8 computer a sio2bt it works great.

For demoing a game quick from the forum there is nothing faster. This would be the same. Just leave the cart in the 7800 and if you find a new game hit download and go turn on the 7800 and check it out.

No sd cards to put files onto or carts to flash. Simple and easy.

Hmm... you could almost have a way the server has games updated that people can just load onto the 7800.. who knows...

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 1

Don't get your hopes up just yet, even though I am sitting on roughly 5K of inventory, I needed to get my mind off of things for a few days. So, even though I said, I wasn't going to make anything new anymore, I couldn't help myself.

It would be much cooler to make a WiFi cart, but then you run into the stupid shell issue again, took me a while to cram the VersaBoard together, so that garage soldering types can still deal with it, sticking WiFi into the mix is never going to fit. :P

• Like 4

I don't have any money atm to buy anything so I can wait. Now my wife started working and I thought I might be able to breath again my health screwed up and I can't walk for the last week..

It sucks you have that money into your projects and are not able to recoup your investments. I hope one day all that works out as people that do stuff for the community should be rewarded.

Bluetooth is pretty small of a chip.

I like doritos chips too.

The 7800 will be next after the Jag. The JagSD has been rather complex (to say the least), so I'm looking forward to designing a simpler cart! :) The JagSD is basically finished now, I'm aiming for first quarter next year for production. I should have a good amount of time to dedicate to retro fun come the new year as I have a few projects coming to an end at the moment, one being a new studio / lab / office / thing for me to work in. That's taken a lot of my time over the last few months!

Cant wait!! :)

• Like 3

Very cool. Would a person be able to load games with a cellphone?

Yeah, that would be cool.

Like I do with Starpath Supercharger connected to Bluetooth receiver!

Phone playlist sends any of 315 audio files into the Supercharger, but that is limited to Atari 2600 games 6K, 4K, & 2K ROM :ahoy: .

:ponder:

Edited by iesposta

A low profile RFID reader card is inserted into the cart slot, with a cart slot plug attached to plug and conceal the cartridge port.

Next, an online web store sells physical RFID decals with commercial and homebrew ROMs embedded inside them. Simply affix the decal to the back of a preexisting game cart and place said cart on the to of the console. Don't own the original game? Get creative. Stick the RFID chip for Pacman on a Pacman Amiibo, toy, or action figure. 21st century physical media needs no lasers or exposed data connectors. Carts and discs are obsoleted. Place the toy on the pedestal to unlock DLC content (or full games in this case). It's not just a played out 20-teens Toys-to-Life fad. It's how physical games get distributed to collectards in the future, in a world without wires... 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get your hopes up just yet, even though I am sitting on roughly 5K of inventory, I needed to get my mind off of things for a few days. So, even though I said, I wasn't going to make anything new anymore, I couldn't help myself.

It would be much cooler to make a WiFi cart, but then you run into the stupid shell issue again, took me a while to cram the VersaBoard together, so that garage soldering types can still deal with it, sticking WiFi into the mix is never going to fit. :P

Don't you have a lot of SaveKeys still available for sale?

Edited by Lynxpro

Atari did not have a presence in Asia which is why there have been no clone systems for it (excepting the Flashback 2). Krikzz lives in the Ukraine which was part of the former Soviet Union. Most of the popular sytems in Japan got bootleg versions released in China and the Soviet Union. Dendy for example was a bootleg PAL Famicom with system timings that gave it a higher compatibility with NTSC software compared to PAL NES systems. Sega and Nintendo had a global presence but Atari was mostly the Americas and Western Europe. Remember the Ukraine belonged to the Soviet Union, so Atari really did not have a presence in the Eastern Block regions.

So it is natural Krikzz wants nothing to do with Atari consoles since there was zero exposure to them in his homeland.

Wait a sec here... Atari had a presence in Hong Kong and the Philippines. Hell, they even had a minute presence in Japan but got c**k-blocked by the myriad distribution system of Japan that kept foreign goods safely away from Japanese consumers. South Korea was also heavily protectionist then [err, still heavily protectionist]. But Atari 8-bit computers and consoles made their way to Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union back in the early 1990s, and the ST and above shortly thereafter. Even during the Soviet Era, various Soviet government entities had Atari computers at their disposal in addition to their home-grown wares. The Soviet Embassy in the States even had Atari computers according to Epyx who sent them copies of Summer Games to play back in 1984 during the Soviet boycott of the Summer Olympics held in Los Angeles that year. Krikzz just supports what he personally likes which we can't fault...

And separately, as for many others who have since chimed in, I say drop 2600 compatibility from any 7800 SD Solution. It's an unnecessary complication. Even if the Harmony is no longer produced, there is still the Uno Cart available for 2600 games.

Don't you have a lot of SaveKeys still available for sale?

I have hundreds of PCB's and many parts, but I no longer waste my time making them. Last time I made 10 and offered them up, I sold one, gave 2 away and the rest are still in a drawer somewhere.

No, same exact thing, just with added features.

If word was to get out about them, they could sell. Hell, a lot of the 7800 and AtariAge Facebook group members don't even come here to AtariAge proper. There's like 1,200 members in the 7800 group alone there... Granted, I'm not familiar with how many 7800 homebrews use it...or how many 2600 homebrews do.

I'm assuming it isn't experiencing the same issue the AtariVox+ is with certain titles...