IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

I am not a developer but I have three consoles and would love to buy one/help with testing.

1. A1 74 5825114 - Pristine
  2. A1 885456395 - UAV video board (S/Composite video)
  3. A3 9B1 5287646 - Pristine

Having said this, I certainly understand the dev's getting top priority and know of a couple that could certainly use one @mksmith @vhzc ?

• Like 4

Yep, not a game dev either but I do have pretty good experience testing hardware - used to test unreleased Alpha versions of satellite receivers for DirecTV up to a year before release (lots of my old boxes have "Engineering Sample" labels). I've also tested hardware for MS (I had a Kinect about 6 months before it went on sale); and I still do closed-alpha/beta testing for another Large Electronics Company (tm) but there's an ongoing NDA with that gig. ;) I also helped Michael wring out bugs and test the beta versions of his 1088XLD A8-based computer. 

So ... once you've got the devs taken care of, let me know. :) 

The "old" Concerto is essentially the same as this "new" one. The only functional difference between the two is to correct an issue where some users had trouble flashing new firmware over USB with a POKEY chip installed.

I think (but don't remember) that I also changed the boards to fit better in a shell.

So yes, new firmware will work on all Concertos out there. I have no intention to abandon the carts already out there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, batari said:

I am sure there are less than 20 game developers out there, so if you want to help test and have a number of consoles to test on, I am also willing to sell you one of the 20.

The price for Concerto is $99. I would knock off $10 if you just want a bare board, not in a cart shell. There isn't a label for Concerto yet. I will of course have a label eventually.

Will love to have one for the $99.

Two consoles all green (A1 Serial on left | AT84 Serial on right)...Any other tests you want ran just ask - more than happy to help:

IMG_1445.thumb.JPG.146377c29b46bc3e5a6c5a55d67c7328.JPGIMG_1444.thumb.JPG.66c1ee54deae35590d3492e92d3e22b9.JPG

• Like 2

My bad...the screens posted are from the MCP DevCart running the Utility cart ROM. 

I misunderstood the request in wanting the test ran from the Concerto cart (Which unfortunately I currently do not possess one).

Well, data is there if it useful for anything...sorry for the misunderstanding.

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

I am not a developer but I have three consoles and would love to buy one/help with testing.

Having said this, I certainly understand the dev's getting top priority and know of a couple that could certainly use one @mksmith @vhzc ?

*cough*

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I have a couple of questions about the Concerto.

I've found some of the answers backtracking through the thread but still unclear on ROM sizes and RAM:

• What is the max ROM size it can work with as some of my projects are bigger than the typical 128k or 144k sizes.
  • Does it have RAM so that projects utilising on cart RAM would also work ?
    • Concerto should support most games, but some games with RAM will not work. E.g. Impossible Mission is unlikely to work because of the way it uses the RAM. There may be others that do not work (post 1617). 
  • I understand it can have a POKEY, assume that would work with projects in 7800 BASIC (is that at $0450?)
    • POKEY: only support for the standard location $4000 is planned. Nonstandard areas might be possible eventually but I make no promises.(post 1617). 

I'd have no problem paying the $99+ shipping to the UK for one if I can use it to help my development for the 7800 :)

Edited by Muddyfunster
  • Like 1

Go back and read the last hundred pages. [emoji12]. Ok maybe 10 would get you up to speed.

It’s being worked on again. But the first people who will get them are active 7800 developers so that they can test there wares.

There are still the same compatibility issues that are trying to be sorted out. It’s not gonna be available to the masses until all of those hurdles are crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

I have a couple of questions about the Concerto.

I've found some of the answers backtracking through the thread but still unclear on ROM sizes and RAM:

• What is the max ROM size it can work with as some of my projects are bigger than the typical 128k or 144k sizes.
  • Does it have RAM so that projects utilising on cart RAM would also work ?
    • Concerto should support most games, but some games with RAM will not work. E.g. Impossible Mission is unlikely to work because of the way it uses the RAM. There may be others that do not work (post 1617). 
  • I understand it can have a POKEY, assume that would work with projects in 7800 BASIC (is that at $0450?)
    • POKEY: only support for the standard location $4000 is planned. Nonstandard areas might be possible eventually but I make no promises.(post 1617). 

I'd have no problem paying the $99+ shipping to the UK for one if I can use it to help my development for the 7800 :)

The blue text you quoted from post 1617 refers to Concertino, not concerto. Sorry for any confusion. 

• Thanks 1

Oh, and to those who posted screens from the utility: that is exactly what I needed! Thanks so much for posting screens. It will take me a day to analyze the data but once I do a solution should make itself clear! I may post up some test BIOSes as well. 

9 minutes ago, batari said:

Oh, and to those who posted screens from the utility: that is exactly what I needed! Thanks so much for posting screens. It will take me a day to analyze the data but once I do a solution should make itself clear! I may post up some test BIOSes as well. 

I'll have a look to see if any of my machines are one's that have not been reported yet. I'm guessing Mitch has pretty much every flavor there is though. Roman has 6 different models too so he might be able to give you some readouts as well.

9 minutes ago, batari said:

Do you think you need more or is what has been posted sufficient?

Mitch

9 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Oh yes that would be awesome - thanks @sramirez2008 for the tag ?

I would definitely be interested @batari - My point of difference is I have 2 PAL units (one modded with a UAV and 1 stock - my harmony works fine with them).  I can open them up if you require any additional info.  I picked up a Ballblazer cart recently just for the pokey if required.

@Synthpopalooza Bobby!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitch said:

Do you think you need more or is what has been posted sufficient?

Mitch

Between yours and the other user showing consistency errors, it may be enough. I’ll take a close look at these tomorrow and report back with findings. 

• Like 2