IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

13 minutes ago, Jinks said:

I better not try to solder mine. I would probably mess it up. Also the other mods your talking about I would not be able to do anyway.

One user cut the pins of his to make it a 2600 multicart.. lol.. 

No cut. Hammer fix all. ALL. If it no work, u no hit hammer hard enough.

Hammer even fix bad feeling. Like u get when u stuff all broken.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/4/2020 at 11:45 PM, Mitch said:

Just finished a bunch of testing on the "patched" Concerto. Wow, it is so much better than previously. Only a (very) few minor glitches on my crankiest 7800 console.

Mitch

That is great news! Care to share what model is the crankiest of your 7800's and what those minor issues are? Also please do share the positive differences you have found if you would please :)

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

It's October 5th, and I was talking over with my management, Len Enders, about possibly launching both 7800 and 8-bit Editions of The Atari Report, but, before I venture into getting a 7800 ProSystem to join both my 2600 and 5200 (and soon the XEGS to follow after that), I need to know when the Concerto/Concertino 7800 SD multicart will be ready so I can definitely get one and ready my PayPal account to reserve a multicart and then head to Atarimax to get the 7800 dumper (and also 2600, 5200, and 400/800/XL/XE dumpers too) so I can use it with an SD card for it.

The Concerto will be ready soon! A run of boards is on the way. While these boards are on the way to me, I am wrapping up some things in firmware. It will be available in limited numbers at first, so that I can manage the release and don't have a large backlog.

Concertino isn't ready yet, as development on it has been put on hold until the release of Concerto, so I have time to focus on it.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, batari said:

The Concerto will be ready soon! A run of boards is on the way. While these boards are on the way to me, I am wrapping up some things in firmware. It will be available in limited numbers at first, so that I can manage the release and don't have a large backlog.

Concertino isn't ready yet, as development on it has been put on hold until the release of Concerto, so I have time to focus on it.

Good news. Can I put my name down to buy one for development please ?

1 hour ago, batari said:

33 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

Good news. Can I put my name down to buy one for development please ?

Great news Fred! I'd love to be considered for a cart for dev purposes as well thank you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, batari said:

It will be available in limited numbers at first, so that I can manage the release and don't have a large backlog.

Very exciting news! I am not a software guy, but I have a spare POKEY sitting by, I am an engineer by education, I have a soldering iron and oscilloscope handy and I'm not afraid to use them. :D 

In all seriousness though, this news makes me very happy. I know this project has a been a challenge for you on many levels and I'm glad you're seeing real fruition to all the hard work and persistence. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, batari said:

Excellent news and looking forward to purchasing one when made available!

8 hours ago, batari said:

Fantastic new!

4 hours ago, Jinks said:

Will the version 1 Concertos eventually have a ship back and upgrade program? Not in a rush at all as I am away from my 7800.

Yes, and it's more of a voluntary recall. Existing Concerto owners can ship them back to me, and I will replace a resistor and upgrade the programmable logic to the current version that supports POKEY @0450, and ship it back. It will be essentially free for you. To keep the financial impact minimal, I will provide a first-class return shipping label for you. So print it out, package and ship to me. The cart itself weighs around 3 oz, but I would pay for 8 oz total for the cart+packaging both ways.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, batari said:

Yes, and it's more of a voluntary recall. Existing Concerto owners can ship them back to me, and I will replace a resistor and upgrade the programmable logic to the current version that supports POKEY @0450, and ship it back. It will be essentially free for you. To keep the financial impact minimal, I will provide a first-class return shipping label for you. So print it out, package and ship to me. The cart itself weighs around 3 oz, but I would pay for 8 oz total for the cart+packaging both ways.

That's fantastic news and service. I live in the PDX area and would be happy to drop off / pick up to keep it cheaper if you'd prefer that