IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

4 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

Hey @batari@adamchevy and I would like to know the latest in the development on Concerto, as I intend to not only get a XEGS next week but also (at least) the Brewing Academy Ultimate Cart for it and the Harmony Encore so I can (at least) play 2600 games on Lil' Sexy (my name for the 7800), we're getting kinda anxious.

Dude, chill the fuck out. Batari doesn't have your money, he didn't give an exact date for anything and I'm more than sure he'll let everyone know when it's ready to be sold to the masses. And why are you asking adamchevy about the concerto development? He's got nothing to do with it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Shawn ,He was including adamchevy in his reply as being one of the ones curious to know the currrent status. Adamchevy asked the same a few posts up I believe. Either way...agreed that this will be done when it is done and we should all just chill and play the awesome stuff we already have for the 7800 now until these SD carts become available to the masses.

6 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

@Shawn ,He was including adamchevy in his reply as being one of the ones curious to know the currrent status. Adamchevy asked the same a few posts up I believe. Either way...agreed that this will be done when it is done and we should all just chill and play the awesome stuff we already have for the 7800 now until these SD carts become available to the masses.

Gotcha. I missed that part. My bad on that part.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

Hey @batari@adamchevy and I would like to know the latest in the development on Concerto, as I intend to not only get a XEGS next week but also (at least) the Brewing Academy Ultimate Cart for it and the Harmony Encore so I can (at least) play 2600 games on Lil' Sexy (my name for the 7800), we're getting kinda anxious.

My advice, don't bug them, it's done when it's done. ;)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I agree. Batari is a one man show just like AtariAge is. I get so tried of peoples Amazon Prime or the Veruca Salt’s “I want it now attitude”.

Be patient people. This is a hobby. Everyone has a life. (Well, maybe some people don’t) When it’s done it’s done. But again there is a pecking order of how these are going to be distributed. The Concerto is coming and so is Christmas. Maybe it will be a kill two birds type situation. Merry Christmas here is your Concerto. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Sorry guys, it's just that I'm gettin' kinda giddy about this, after all the development of an SD cart was the main reason I dug in and got a 7800 in the first place. Otherwise this great system would've still been off my list, after all while the great folks here at AtariAge have great games for them ready to rock for Lil' Sexy, I was always a 5200 (Big Sexy) guy and only a 5200 guy, until I ventured into the 2600 world thanks (in part) to all of you programmers with great games like Pac-Man 4K (I reviewed it a few episodes ago on the 2600 Edition of The Atari Report) and others when I got my old Flashback Portable, before getting the VCS adapter and the Harmony Encore SD cart for it.

Edited by BIGHMW

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some Concerto teaser screens.

IMG_1663.jpg.ecb4c88fc35f0bf9a74920f6eaed4401.jpgIMG_1664.jpg.1ffa631f79f9600bf1a043ddc223d35a.jpgIMG_1666.jpg.b0a4063481f9c939b9a58c0cfb30927b.jpg

IMG_1688.thumb.jpg.cb1f66369984066fad08c806b3a2ce09.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg.985a62658bb4c99f6fe47be00b2ccd55.jpgIMG_1664.jpg.baf81795d4d18cff5ba176e256be21de.jpgIMG_1666.jpg.ebccab010099659631a84ee25821efb1.jpg

Bugs were fixed in the boot screen, and now Concerto boots as reliably as any other cart. Game loading is also fixed (discussed in a previous post). POKEY @ 0450 is now supported.

Concerto is available today for developers or by invitation. If there are any developers who I haven't contacted, please PM me and I will give you the ordering info.

Next week they will be available to the general public. So that I don't sell more Concertos than I can produce in a reasonable amount of time, I will be using an inventory-controlled site to sell them and will be making them available in small batches. An announcement on that will come later, after the developer carts are sold.

For existing owners of Concertos: A firmware update will be available soon that improves boot reliability and has better game support. For improved game loading and for POKEY @0450 support, though, current Concerto owners can send their carts back to me for hardware improvements. This is optional, but if you do return your Concerto to me, I will change out your logic chip for a low-power version with the update for POKEY @0450, change a resistor for reliable game loading, update the bootloader and firmware to the current version, apply a pre-production label, and upgrade the EEPROM chip to 2MB (if you have a 1MB chip installed.) This service is free, so PM me for where to send your cart back.

For this pre-producton special edition of Concerto, the price will be $89, with free shipping in the USA, $8 to Canada and $12 elsewhere. The functionality is the same as past and future Concertos, though as of today the firmware is still a work in progress and not all features are implemented yet.

The price will probably go up when the firmware features are ready and Concerto goes to full production. If you buy early and don't mind updating firmware as new versions are released, though, not only will you likely save some money, but you will be helping support the continued firmware development and full production run.

When Concerto is available to the general public next week, an announcement will be posted here.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, batari said:

Here are some Concerto teaser screens.

IMG_1663.jpg.ecb4c88fc35f0bf9a74920f6eaed4401.jpgIMG_1664.jpg.1ffa631f79f9600bf1a043ddc223d35a.jpgIMG_1666.jpg.b0a4063481f9c939b9a58c0cfb30927b.jpg

IMG_1688.thumb.jpg.cb1f66369984066fad08c806b3a2ce09.jpg

Bugs were fixed in the boot screen, and now Concerto boots as reliably as any other cart. Game loading is also fixed (discussed in a previous post). POKEY @ 0450 is now supported.

Concerto is available today for developers or by invitation. If there are any developers who I haven't contacted, please PM me and I will give you the ordering info.

Next week they will be available to the general public. So that I don't sell more Concertos than I can produce in a reasonable amount of time, I will be using an inventory-controlled site to sell them and will be making them available in small batches. An announcement on that will come later, after the developer carts are sold.

For existing owners of Concertos: A firmware update will be available soon that improves boot reliability and has better game support. For improved game loading and for POKEY @0450 support, though, current Concerto owners can send their carts back to me for hardware improvements. This is optional, but if you do return your Concerto to me, I will change out your logic chip for a low-power version with the update for POKEY @0450, change a resistor for reliable game loading, update the bootloader and firmware to the current version, apply a pre-production label, and upgrade the EEPROM chip to 2MB (if you have a 1MB chip installed.) This service is free, so PM me for where to send your cart back.

For this pre-producton special edition of Concerto, the price will be $89, with free shipping in the USA, $8 to Canada and $12 elsewhere. The functionality is the same as past and future Concertos, though as of today the firmware is still a work in progress and not all features are implemented yet.

The price will probably go up when the firmware features are ready and Concerto goes to full production. If you buy early and don't mind updating firmware as new versions are released, though, not only will you likely save some money, but you will be helping support the continued firmware development and full production run.

When Concerto is available to the general public next week, an announcement will be posted here.

The image links are broken, FYI. 

Question: will this new Concerto be user updatable for future firmware updates?  Not sure if this was addressed already.  I would be more inclined to buy early if I can update it myself.  ?

Edited by 128Kgames

59 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

The image links are broken, FYI. 

Question: will this new Concerto be user updatable for future firmware updates?  Not sure if this was addressed already.  I would be more inclined to buy early if I can update it myself.  ?

Thanks, re-added the broken images!

58 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

The firmware is user updatable just like with Batari's other cartridges—the Harmony, and Harmony Encore—so you can early-adopt with confidence that you don't have to send the cartridge back. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, batari said:

Come on guys - did no one read what Fred wrote?

Unless you're an active developer, don't bombard Fred with PM's. He knows there's demand and he know 7800 aficionados will want one. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

@DrVenkman Hey we're not trying to cut in line, we just want to reserve a copy if it becomes available on a first-come-first-served basis, all we're doing is get in line behind the developers and we want to be one of the first of the general public to get our hands on one, that's all. No harm intended, we're willing to wait but we have made our reservations in advance just in case, much like getting a table in a very busy but fine restaurant.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

@DrVenkman Hey we're not trying to cut in line, we just want to reserve a copy if it becomes available on a first-come-first-served basis, all we're doing is get in line behind the developers and we want to be one of the first of the general public to get our hands on one, that's all. No harm intended, we're willing to wait but we have made our reservations in advance just in case, much like getting a table in a very busy but fine restaurant.

Good grief. "Made our reservations?"  You clearly didn't read what Fred wrote.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1