IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

Happy Black Friday! At least, it is still Black Friday here and in honor of the day, it is time to make some Concertos available to the public!

This is the pre-production, special edition of Concerto, available at an introductory price of $89 with free shipping in the USA. I have enough supplies for roughly 120 of these, ready to go as quickly as I can put them together, and more will be coming in a few weeks.

Hardware has been done for a while and supplies have been here for a while too. I am continuing to improve the firmware, and this will continue, so if you order now, make sure you keep up on firmware updates so you can have the latest features and best functionality.

I am not taking anyone's money unless I am able to get a Concerto to them in a timely manner. As such, there is no pre-order list and I am not taking backorders at this time. How I am handling this is an inventory-controlled order site.

If you go to the site and see it's sold out, be patient as I will be adding more inventory as I am able to catch up with the current orders.

Payment: The payment processor takes credit cards, Apple Pay and Google Pay, but requires a subscription to take Paypal. I can't control inventory across two sites, so Paypal is not available as a payment option until I no longer need to control inventory.

The order site is http://concerto.atariage.com.

For today, I am putting up an inventory of 12. As I am able to get orders out, I will continue to add more inventory.

If you share the order link with anyone, I'd appreciate if you would link to this posting!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Just now, eebuckeye said:

Got one! Glad I was up late tonight!  ?

Any difference from pre-production to final?

The pre-production version sold now is the same as the final version (The PCB may change for easier assembly, but electrically, it will be the same.)

The older Concertos out there (sold 2015-2016) have a different USB chip than the current version, but are otherwise compatible with the current version.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, batari said:

The pre-production version sold now is the same as the final version (The PCB may change for easier assembly, but electrically, it will be the same.)

The older Concertos out there (sold 2015-2016) have a different USB chip than the current version, but are otherwise compatible with the current version.

I can't say as I ever fully understood why some POKEY homebrew roms never had sound on the previous Concerto (e.g., Bentley Bear at $4000 or $400), but will it work for this version?

1 hour ago, Swami said:

I can't say as I ever fully understood why some POKEY homebrew roms never had sound on the previous Concerto (e.g., Bentley Bear at $4000 or $400), but will it work for this version?

This version has support for POKEY @0450. (The older Concertos will too if owners send them back to me for updates!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It looks like congratulations to Batari are in order! I understand that this has been a long time coming. The timing is perfect as I’m just getting into the 7800 scene and it looks like this might blow the doors off, so to speak. I have a Harmony cart and it’s been a — ahem — game changer!

I missed out on this round, but I might get lucky when the next batch is posted. Is there label artwork yet? 

Is it this?

93D3F1ED-2E81-4200-951B-F312A92CCA26.png

Edited by Gamma Goochee
Slight wording change - just my OCD

1 hour ago, bszarek001 said:

I just hope there won’t be much scalping of these....though it wouldn’t surprise me if they were.  

Why would a buyer be so stupid to not wait a month or two or six to get their Concerto? 

Prob same people that need a ps5 for over 1k...lol idiots everywhere!

• Like 3