IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

5 hours ago, Gamma Goochee said:

It looks like congratulations to Batari are in order! I understand that this has been a long time coming. The timing is perfect as I’m just getting into the 7800 scene and it looks like this might blow the doors off, so to speak. I have a Harmony cart and it’s been a — ahem — game changer!

I missed out on this round, but I might get lucky when the next batch is posted. Is there label artwork yet? 

Is it this?

93D3F1ED-2E81-4200-951B-F312A92CCA26.png

Yes, the label looks like that. Of course with higher resolution and such!

• Like 8

I am -$50.00 in my account right now, but I know more will be put out soon. I can wait but I have already bookmarked the link and when I get my next paycheck I'll be putting it aside so I can get one after I pay my phone and internet bills and next month's rent (on the 3rd), then I'll get one, but this is THE EVENTUAL NEWS I was waiting to hear in which lead me to get a 7800 back in October!!!

29 minutes ago, batari said:

I will add more in a few days and will continue to do so as I can get the current batch out. What I don't want is to have more orders than I can fulfill in a reasonable amount of time!

Thank you! I'm sure we all really appreciate the hard work put into this. Although I'm sure we are all very eager please take your time. They'll all get a lot of love I'm sure. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Swami said:

I can't say as I ever fully understood why some POKEY homebrew roms never had sound on the previous Concerto (e.g., Bentley Bear at $4000 or $400), but will it work for this version?

BBCQ can never work with POKEY @$4000, for anyone interested.  Sprite data etc., lives in that area.  This game is the reason for why the VersaBoard was born.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

In all fairness, he did say please and I tend to agree, screw scalpers.

I guess I was taken back a little due to his previous posting in this thread saying he had paypal waiting when in reality he's totally broke. 10 first page threads asking for other people to program games he wants in the 5200 forum and so on. Just really made me cringe to see that now spilling over into the 7800 forum as well. I understand by his own admission that he's currently unmedicated without multiple prescribed antipsychotics (for months on end) which leaves him by definition, not in touch with reality but that doesn't mean the rest of the forum needs to hear about or suffer through his ramblings right? But hey, I guess I'm also choosing to read the forum where I'm finding this issue and that is my own choice to do so.

• Like 4

To all new or would-be Concerto owners, you should check out Trebors 7800 ROM PROPack for proper A78 games, homebrews, hacks, and demos. It's convenient, and you'll save yourself a lot of hassle.

There are a lot of bad 7800 rom files distributed here and there on the net. @Trebor spent a good deal of time sorting out good roms from garbage, making inquiries with homebrew authors, figuring out the correct headers, and enforcing a decent and consistent naming convention. He does this on an ongoing basis, as occasionally new issues are discovered, reported, and cleaned, and of course new homebrews, hacks, and demos are added as time goes on.

If you do grab the pack, be sure to pass on your thanks to him! ?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 9

30 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I guess I was taken back a little due to his previous posting in this thread saying he had paypal waiting when in reality he's totally broke. 10 first page threads asking for other people to program games he wants in the 5200 forum and so on. Just really made me cringe to see that now spilling over into the 7800 forum as well. I understand by his own admission that he's currently unmedicated without multiple prescribed antipsychotics (for months on end) which leaves him by definition, not in touch with reality but that doesn't mean the rest of the forum needs to hear about or suffer through his ramblings right? But hey, I guess I'm also choosing to read the forum where I'm finding this issue and that is my own choice to do so.

Hey Shawn, I am currently doing something about my medication situation, not only is it a money issue, but when I DID try to order my meds I was phoned up by my pharmacy telling me there was an issue with my insurance in which covers most of the costs, and ironically enough, I was going to call DSHS here in Port Townsend yesterday morning after getting out of the shower (9:00 am), but as i was drying myself off, the phone rang with my doctor's office letting me know of my insurance issues with my pharmacy, so they beat me to it. I tried to call an advocate they recommended who left a message to perhaps try and help me navigate through the insurance situation and got a voicemail, in which I left a message, only not to get a call back. So now I'm trying to hang on through the weekend through mere willpower and by taking parts of my meds, in which i was saving for fear that I could not take only 2 or 3 of my 4 meds, as I am running out over this weekend and will soon only have my Buproprion to take, while missing my Haloperidol, Benztropine and Trileptal due to having eventually run out of them each over this weekend. It won't be easy, but I hope to get back to being mentally sharp by the end of the week, Concerto or not is moot point right now for me, maintaining my sanity and my employment over at Safeway here in Port Townsend is important too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGHMW said:

Hey Shawn, I am currently doing something about my medication situation, not only is it a money issue, but when I DID try to order my meds I was phoned up by my pharmacy telling me there was an issue with my insurance in which covers most of the costs, and ironically enough, I was going to call DSHS here in Port Townsend yesterday morning after getting out of the shower (9:00 am), but as i was drying myself off, the phone rang with my doctor's office letting me know of my insurance issues with my pharmacy, so they beat me to it. I tried to call an advocate they recommended who left a message to perhaps try and help me navigate through the insurance situation and got a voicemail, in which I left a message, only not to get a call back. So now I'm trying to hang on through the weekend through mere willpower and by taking parts of my meds, in which i was saving for fear that I could not take only 2 or 3 of my 4 meds, as I am running out over this weekend and will soon only have my Buproprion to take, while missing my Haloperidol, Benztropine and Trileptal due to having eventually run out of them each over this weekend. It won't be easy, but I hope to get back to being mentally sharp by the end of the week, Concerto or not is moot point right now for me, maintaining my sanity and my employment over at Safeway here in Port Townsend is important too.

This isn't anything ANY video game forum is about though. This isn't my business or anyone elses. I'm very sorry for your personal situation and I hope you get it sorted and back to your best as soon as possible. Your post I'm quoting shows you probably shouldn't be using any form of social media or online interaction leading to making poor choices and public statements while not well. I understand that is something that doesn't seem obvious or is hard to understand while compromised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

If you visit the site now it is out of stock but you can submit an email address for notification of the next batch. 

which is exactly what people were demanding with a "list". You'll be notified when it's available - Something batari doesn't really have to do. Pretty cool of him to do that. 

All I'm asking for is a date/time for restocking, and whoever gets an order at that time gets it.  That's how most homebrew hardware is distributed these days.  Is that accurate about the email?

2 hours ago, RevEng said:

To all new or would-be Concerto owners, you should check out Trebors 7800 ROM PROPack for proper A78 games, homebrews, hacks, and demos. It's convenient, and you'll save yourself a lot of hassle.

There are a lot of bad 7800 rom files distributed here and there on the net. @Trebor spent a good deal of time sorting out good roms from garbage, making inquiries with homebrew authors, figuring out the correct headers, and enforcing a decent and consistent naming convention. He does this on an ongoing basis, as occasionally new issues are discovered, reported, and cleaned, and of course new homebrews, hacks, and demos are added as time goes on.

Thank you, I highly recommend that! I have encountered no shortage of bad dumps, missing A78 headers, bad headers or incorrect headers. Concerto does make an attempt at cart detection even in these cases based on various heuristics, which helps a little, but it can't run a bad dump. Best to start with something properly curated from the beginning.

I don't yet have a time/date for the next "restocking" but if I do have an estimate I will let people know.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greg2600 said:

All I'm asking for is a date/time for restocking, and whoever gets an order at that time gets it.  That's how most homebrew hardware is distributed these days.  Is that accurate about the email?

I have no idea, he hasn't sent any emails yet because the next batch isn't ready yet because he literally sold out of the first batch just this morning.

but I don't think he really cares what you're asking for. This is a high demand product and you're just one of hundreds/possibly thousands of people who want one. The fact that he offers a warning email is a bonus. You'll get one. 

18 hours ago, RevEng said:

@RevEng Thanks for the reminder. Trebors ROM packs are excellent. I can't wait to finally have all of these games easily accessible on one cart.

@Trebor-Thank you for providing the community with your ROM Packs?

• Like 4