IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

Hoping to put up some more stock Wednesday evening. Maybe late!

Anyway, I have spent the last several days working on firmware. I am migrating to a new build environment with the expectation that the code will build more efficiently so I can add more features.

I recently came to a realization that I may be able to support POKEY sound on the board you already have without an actual POKEY chip (whether genuine or a replacement.) This may only work on games where the hardware isn't very busy (48k or less.) I am not sure if it would be very effective for the other schemes where the chip is busier, but I don't know yet.

So if you cannot find a POKEY and don't want to pay the price for the replacements, this may give you some functionality in the interim until you can find something. The Concerto has four 32-bit timers which I would use for this. May also support a sort of dual-POKEY, if people wanted that for four 16-bit channels, since there may be enough resources for that. Plus, softsynth such as bupchip is also a possibility, all without needing anything more on your board.

Of course I will continue work on HOKEY too, but my intention for that is more in the homebrew area as a lower-cost alternative since the other replacements are so spendy and the OEM chips are getting scarce.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2020 at 7:29 PM, batari said:

I will add more in a few days and will continue to do so as I can get the current batch out. What I don't want is to have more orders than I can fulfill in a reasonable amount of time!

Hi Fred

i got a Concerto many years ago....it works well.

But it does not work on Pal systems.

Is there any new update for my Concerto?

greetings Walter

16 minutes ago, gambler172 said:

Hi Fred

i got a Concerto many years ago....it works well.

But it does not work on Pal systems.

Is there any new update for my Concerto?

greetings Walter

He said there will be and a physical fix for the old versions.

28 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Sweet jesus - now I see why I had that on ignore.  I despise most signatures on here - the ignore signature is such a sweet feature.

Yeah, for most people that is good, I can't ignore users or signatures, because I need to watch them.  I do have a gigantic list of people, that are not allowed to PM me though. :P

• Like 3

I will get outstanding orders out in the next day or two. I had wanted to include a build of the firmware using a newer compiler to include on new Concertos, but I wasn't able to get it to build properly so I had to use the old compiler to build. I still want to use the new compiler as it will let me add features more easily, but I will worry about that later. I spent probably too much time on it!

Anyway, as promised, I added some stock!

• Like 7