IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

I've been checking it periodically this evening and then was on there when the status changed from "Out of Stock" to "Add to Cart" at about 8 minutes past the hour! I think I got the first one out of this batch. There is only one left on there now, so 20 minutes was all it took. Can't wait to get it and use it with my Crossbow-modded 7800!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

:evil:

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 9.25.28 PM.png

Congrats!!

The one I bought from you is on it's way back to batari. It should deliver to him tomorrow for the upgrade. 

I was very fortunate that my daily driver modded 7800 was "very compatible" with the Concerto I bought from you. 3-4 of my other ones, not so much. Even one that was in the same serial number series my daily driver wouldn't run the same roms that my modded one would. So weird. But that should all go away now. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, funcool said:

I was going to the site every half hour or so all night and still missed it.

I wonder if some may have bought more than one.

I hope I'll get another chance to buy one.

I did not, but I figured it would be another small batch of about 10 or so and would go really fast, so I sat here literally hitting refresh on my iPhone every 2 minutes while watching tv with my wife. 

I knew it was coming soon at about 11:30 because the button to add to cart appeared that wasn't there before - even though it was greyed out. 

I was at work, and very busy tonight.  12 hour day, three days in a row.  I checked every 15-20 minutes or so, as time allowed.  Finally, just after midnight Eastern time I hit the jackpot!   Woohoo!  

Edited by scotty
  • Like 1

I am going to send mine back maybe in 2022 or so. It works good enough on a hot 7800 for the last 5 years. 

Funny to see everyone scramble like there will not be any more ever.. what is the point? So many 7800 people come out of the woodwork for this and Rikki and Vikki. It will be great to see the developers get one to help them out. 

3 people with less than 50 posts that no 7800 guy ever heard of are going for this. Hopefully not just resellers. 

That tells me this will sell out for at least 1-2 years at a rate of 15 a week or so.. before a normal person that does not live on the internet is able to buy one. 

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

With Fred’s midnight release schedule, I may never get one. Oh well. 

Yeah, WTF?! What's the big idea with midnight?  :mad: 

Even signed up for e-mails notifications, but received nothing this last time. Not that I would have been awake.  ?

3 minutes ago, save2600 said:

Yeah, WTF?! What's the big idea with midnight?  :mad: 

Even signed up for e-mails notifications, but received nothing this last time. Not that I would have been awake.  ?

I’m certainly not going to get angry or attack anyone’s business practices; just disappointed. But that’s the nature of limited supply and very pent-up demand. It’s a good problem for Fred to have - but it also means I and many others will simply have to resign ourselves to getting one in a few months once the demand is less urgent.

P.S. I didn’t get any email notification either; I checked my spam folder and it didn’t get caught there either. *shrug*