IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

26 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

P.S. I didn’t get any email notification either; I checked my spam folder and it didn’t get caught there either. *shrug*

Just in case there's a backend issue: I didn't receive a notification email either.  Only reason I was able to snag one was sheer dumb luck as to when I checked availability.

Edited by x=usr(1536)

11 hours ago, scotty said:

Member of the INTV Brotherhood

Member of the ATARI 5200 Brotherhood

Colecovision brotherhood coming soon. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atari: (2) 800's, 600XL, (3) 800XL's 130XE, 5200 4 switch, (2) 7800's (both signed by Steve Golson), Several 2600's, Video Pinball

Sears: (2) Heavy Sixer with original joysticks and paddles, and a Light Sixer

Mattel: (2) Intellivision, Intellivision 2 (With Voice)

Coleco: (2) Colecovision (1 is a CBS) 2600 Adapter, Telstar

Bally: Astrocade

Tandy: Color Computer 2

Magnavox: Odyssey 2 (With Voice)

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, (2) Wii (2: One Black, One White), Gameboy, Gameboy Color, (2) GBA, DS Lite, DSi

Sega: Genesis, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast

Sony: (3) Playstation, (4) PS2 (2 fat, 2 slim), PS3, PS4

Microsoft: (2) Original X-Box, X-Box 360

Commodore: (2) Vic 20, 64 (Breadbin) (2) 64C's, (3) Amiga 500's, Amiga 3000

Mini Consoles: Atari 7800, (Several) Atari 2600, Intellivision, Colecovision, C64, NES, SNES, Genesis, (2) Playstation, 2600 Portable

GCE: Vectrex

11 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Could you please make your signature smaller?  It's obnoxious and I am sure nobody actually cares about what stuff you own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jinks said:

I am going to send mine back maybe in 2022 or so. It works good enough on a hot 7800 for the last 5 years. 

Funny to see everyone scramble like there will not be any more ever.. what is the point? So many 7800 people come out of the woodwork for this and Rikki and Vikki. It will be great to see the developers get one to help them out. 

3 people with less than 50 posts that no 7800 guy ever heard of are going for this. Hopefully not just resellers. 

That tells me this will sell out for at least 1-2 years at a rate of 15 a week or so.. before a normal person that does not live on the internet is able to buy one. 

It's not a rush, so much that many people have been waiting over a decade for a viable 7800 SD cart. The CC2 went out of production around the time that Nickelback was still popular.

The 7800 is one of those oddball niche consoles that people love collecting for or playing, because it occupies a place in the retrogaming world that is rare - it had a short window of release, most of it's better games are extremely scarce to find on the secondary/auction market, and it's backwards compatible with the 2600 so it cuts down on redundant console clutter.

Also - the Homebrew scene for the 7800 is probably the most active and extremely well done I've ever seen of any classic console.

As for the low post-count buyers - well, there might be some scalpers in there, sure. But the reality is there are a lot of people who are into the retro/classic gaming hobby who don't actively participate in these forums and just lurk, because - let's face it - the Forums can be a shitshow.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stephen said:

Sweet jesus - now I see why I had that on ignore.  I despise most signatures on here - the ignore signature is such a sweet feature.

I haven't seen a signature in years. :) At least until the last post. ?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jinks said:

3 people with less than 50 posts that no 7800 guy ever heard of are going for this. Hopefully not just resellers.

Hey, I resemble that remark!  Not a reseller, though; just getting my feet wet in 7800 dev and not that active on the forum.

That said, I've been looking forward to this for a long, long time and I'm greatly impressed by what folks in this community have achieved.

4 hours ago, Jinks said:

That tells me this will sell out for at least 1-2 years at a rate of 15 a week or so.. before a normal person that does not live on the internet is able to buy one. 

Had a 7800 for 15+ years, was I believe #9 on the pre-order for the XM expansion.  I'm waiting this one out so the devs can get theirs.  Eventually I'll get one, or I'll wait longer and something else will be available.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, batari said:

Likely, yes, as said there is a hardware fix that helps, but issues with certain PAL 7800s have been identified and fixed in firmware too.

Nice to hear this :)

Is there anything specific you'd like any assistance with testing? I have a few PAL 7800's that I'll be testing with when my cart arrives :) 

5 hours ago, Stephen said:

I enjoy playing retro consoles and have had an Atari 2600 since the 80's, started playing the Atari 7800 in the last 15 years or so. I buy many of the homebrew games that come out.  I just don't post much. Cheers

Edited by funcool
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, funcool said:

I enjoy playing retro consoles and have had an Atari 2600 since the 80's, started playing the Atari 7800 in the last 15 years or so. I buy many of the homebrew games that come out.  I just don't post much. Cheers

You don't really need to explain yourself. There's nothing wrong with liking retro games and not being extremely online. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

It's not a rush, so much that many people have been waiting over a decade for a viable 7800 SD cart. The CC2 went out of production around the time that Nickelback was still popular.

The 7800 is one of those oddball niche consoles that people love collecting for or playing, because it occupies a place in the retrogaming world that is rare - it had a short window of release, most of it's better games are extremely scarce to find on the secondary/auction market, and it's backwards compatible with the 2600 so it cuts down on redundant console clutter.

Also - the Homebrew scene for the 7800 is probably the most active and extremely well done I've ever seen of any classic console.

As for the low post-count buyers - well, there might be some scalpers in there, sure. But the reality is there are a lot of people who are into the retro/classic gaming hobby who don't actively participate in these forums and just lurk, because - let's face it - the Forums can be a shitshow.

Well join the shitshow. Most of them have one thing in common all posts are for multicarts for at least 3 consoles. I checked to see who these people are.. 

I have nothing to offer anyone but some banter here and there. 

9 hours ago, Stephen said:

Had a 7800 for 15+ years, was I believe #9 on the pre-order for the XM expansion.  I'm waiting this one out so the devs can get theirs.  Eventually I'll get one, or I'll wait longer and something else will be available.

I know ya been around!! Lol

29 minutes ago, Jinks said:

Well join the shitshow. Most of them have one thing in common all posts are for multicarts for at least 3 consoles. I checked to see who these people are.. 

I have nothing to offer anyone but some banter here and there. 

I'm not sure why any of that matters. Some people prefer multi-carts instead of hunting down and overpaying for other peoples used, dirty, smoke stank and funk stained old carts.

There is no requirement to participate in the arguments and rude behavior on retro gaming boards in order to qualify to buy homebrew products like this. It's not like this is an exclusive members-only club. (Though, there are some people who clearly feel that way, and it's a shame.)

So today I learned that when you send your email to the site, it doesn't automatically notify you when more stock is available, as I thought it would. I do have the list, though, and will send out an email to people next time more stock goes up.

I am catching up on outstanding orders for the next couple of days and may be adding another batch on Sunday evening, hopefully earlier than midnight! I am putting these together as fast as I can, and at the same time working on outsourcing some of the assembly so that we don't have to do this lottery system forever.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

I'm not sure why any of that matters. Some people prefer multi-carts instead of hunting down and overpaying for other peoples used, dirty, smoke stank and funk stained old carts.

There is no requirement to participate in the arguments and rude behavior on retro gaming boards in order to qualify to buy homebrew products like this. It's not like this is an exclusive members-only club. (Though, there are some people who clearly feel that way, and it's a shame.)

No requirement. I just like to see people support the 7800 community. Like when the games are developed to say fuck yeah that is great etc. Not just the attitude of give me the romz and see ya dorks later. (Clearly any sense of a community does not matter to some, and it is a shame) 

It is just my opinion. That is all. 

BTW My box of brand new home brews smells fresh to me. 

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 2

Is there a chance to put myself on the reserve list for one, I missed out on the last 2 batches, I figure if I pay for one in advance, I CAN'T miss out, I would got one right away that way I wouldn't have to miss out on the (somewhat) surprising midnight release dates when most of us are asleep after a hard night of work.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Is there a chance to put myself on the reserve list for one, I missed out on the last 2 batches, I figure if I pay for one in advance, I CAN'T miss out, I would got one right away that way I wouldn't have to miss out on the (somewhat) surprising midnight release dates when most of us are asleep after a hard night of work.

Dude.  We've been over this already, and several times.  There is no pre-order, reserve, or other list to get on.

I get where you're coming from re: the release times, but you'll need to work it out on your end.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, thegamezmaster said:

Neither. Just wanted info about getting one.

The implication is, as it has been for several weeks in this thread, to at least skim through the last few pages of the long thread and make an effort to answer your own question. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1