IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

21 minutes ago, batari said:

That is partially my fault. I accidentally put the list in "to:" instead of "bcc:". Won't do that next time :o

No worries, and didn't mean to give the impression that the angry red text was directed at you.  After the message where someone apologised for using reply-all then went right straight back to using it, however, I felt that something needed to be said.

Edited by x=usr(1536)

36 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

To everyone who was on this evening's announcement list:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, QUIT USING REPLY-ALL WHEN RESPONDING TO SOMEONE ON THAT CHAIN

Thank you.  This has been a public service announcement on behalf of the Society for Understanding the Difference Between 'Reply' and 'Reply-all'.

Now that we have been doxed multiple times I think it's too late. :rolling:

• Haha 1

@batari should realize there are people who have to work during the limited time frame he puts out his stock because I AM one of them who is FORCED to work normally from 6-10 pm weeknights at Safeway and we're not allowed to use the store's computer in which to get access to snag one up. Something NEEDS to be done so that WE night workers don't get shutout. There NEEDS to be a fix in the ordering process so that WE can get a hold of one.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

@batari should realize there are people who have to work during the limited time frame he puts out his stock because I AM one of them who is FORCED to work normally from 6-10 pm weeknights at Safeway and we're not allowed to use the store's computer in which to get access to snag one up. Something NEEDS to be done so that WE night workers don't get shutout. There NEEDS to be a fix in the ordering process so that WE can get a hold of one.

There is a fix: wait for the next weekend announcement.  Since you only work weekdays, you should be able to order one at the weekend.

It's not up to @batari to cater to everyone's schedules, including yours, Ray.  You need to figure out what you need to do to make this happen, not the other way around.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 7

No one NEEDS a 7800 SD cartridge.  Either wait until it hits regular production, consider getting the Dragonfly, or go without.

Considering all the time that goes into these hardware (and software) projects, these developers end up making little to nothing in the end and are doing it out of love for the platform (or possibly as an interesting hobby project).  It's extremely unfair to criticize them or demand anything from them.  I won't name names, but some of you should be ashamed and I'm surprised batari hasn't just put you on ignore; if I was in his shoes, the pennies per hour I'd be making on this project would not be worth the aggravation.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BIGHMW said:

Um, just a reminder. The Concerto is made and sold by one guy. It's HIS project. He will run HIS project the way the works best for HIM. There are people here who are acting like it's the end of the world if you don't have one from the first 20 something that have been sold. He is making more at HIS pace. This isn't like a limited homebrew run where there are 30 copies and there aren't gonna be any more made. Fred KNOWS what the demand is for this. He is making them as fast as he can and at the SAME TIME he is still working on improving the firmware. 

You are a pretty demanding guy who seems to not care a lot about other peoples projects and how those people handle those projects. You are demanding Fred change how he is doing ordering system. 

And in another thread here you released to the public some graphics hack roms, (one that was being sold as a cart only release) and was offered to you for as a "Review Copy Only" for your YouTube Channel. But you posted them here for anyone to download without the permission of the author. I can not wrap my head around this sort of action. I don't even know what else to say except you will get a Concerto when you get one. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

JUST, NO!  This is not Amazon, man.

Maybe to me it's just logic, but why don't you have someone else buy it for you? :?

Not volunteering this time. :P

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'll keep posted during the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) for the next batch to be put out, then I'll have all the time to snag one up, if that's what it takes then so be it I'll do it.

....and in case that doesn't work out I'll try next week as I have already asked my work to take next Wednesday off unpaid (mainly due to my SSDI-mandated salary cap issues) but also so I can finally get one, as I can't wait to premiere the all-new 7800 Edition of The Atari Report either in January (hopefully) or February along with the 8-Bit Edition of TAR.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

Please just relax and work away at your part time job and your DAY will come to get your CONCERTO!! :)

Nothing NEEDS to be done! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

87013885-AE3F-47F6-A036-DD3680002998.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

So Fred’s teaser images of the Concerto that he posted way back in early/mid-November have disappeared. I was checking to see if we can expect a socket to insert a POKEY, or if I’ll have to install a socket as well. I’ve never opened a 2600 cart of any kind - do the shells being used have an exposed screw for easy disassembly? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tep392 said:

87013885-AE3F-47F6-A036-DD3680002998.jpeg

LOL. Loved that scene. Thanks for the laugh.

I had the webpage open and periodically refreshed it hoping they would go up earlier than Midnight Eastern, then saw the email that they were going up in about 10 min. 

I hit refresh a few times at 8PM and got one. It took two minutes to close the deal due to the stupid zip code thing, but luckily I was able to get it sorted before my cart emptied as I guess having it in your cart does not ensure you get one... Payment does?

I do feel for those who work at night, but I think Sunday and Wednesday are totally fair. Even if you work compressed workweek like shift 4 at Intel, you get Wednesday off, and if you work shift 6, you get Sundays. There really should be no reason you cannot be at your computer at go time. 

Like Xuser said, it is Batari's project. He can do what he wants. He has a life outside of this too. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

So Fred’s teaser images of the Concerto that he posted way back in early/mid-November have disappeared. I was checking to see if we can expect a socket to insert a POKEY, or if I’ll have to install a socket as well. I’ve never opened a 2600 cart of any kind - do the shells being used have an exposed screw for easy disassembly? 

This?!

download.jpg