IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

Some consoles have trouble loading 7800 games. It's a known issue I am working on. Only affects some consoles. I have an idea what is causing the problem. Firmware update is coming soon, and when this and the DD bug are squashed, the remaining carts will be for sake ;)

I always knew this hobby could drive people to drink.

I'll raise a toast to that.

di-sake.jpg

• Like 1

You're being silly.

It would have been him wanting an Atari Anonymous shot glass to go with his Nintendo Anonymous shot glass. ;-)

I don't need either, because I can stop playing whenever I want to...

I just don't want to right now.. ;-)

desiv

• Like 2

I don't need either, because I can stop playing whenever I want to...

Okay, I take away your Atari and see how long you last in your padded cell. :evil:

So reading the last few posts from email, without the pictures of course, I thought you wanted an Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) shot glass to go with your Narcotics Anonymous (NA) shot glass! :)

Yeah I thought about "AA" after I posted it, but left it in for effect.

Albert seriously, get some swag made up and put it in the store. Fans will surely buy it...

• Like 1

Haha Ninja Golf is one I can't find for a reasonable price either. I'm not paying $75-$80 bucks for effing Ninja Golf!!

Looking forward to snapping up a concerto when they become widely available.

I have the same problem with ninja golf. I find most of the original 7800 games pretty lame, but with the concerto and homebrew 7800/2600 roms it should become my main console. Especially if they get xm and concerto to play nice with each other. With the exception of Robotron 2084 I could do without the entire original library. Edited by adamchevy

Can't get Starpath games (using .bins from romhunter's set) to run on the Concerto yet but I'm not sure if support is there or not anyway....

I think Batari said 2600/Harmony support was still incomplete (though the Concerto is compatible with Harmony bios but you'll lose 7800 functionality) and he's waiting for an update to fix the like 2% of 7800 consoles that don't play nice with it. :P

I need this so bad, and I'll even add my own Pokey if the Hokey Pokey chip isn't ready yet. :cool:

• Like 1

Hey Fred, have you tried a Toshiba Flash Air cart? What is the upper limit anyway, regardless of wireless access? I have a 32GB one somewhere, it'd be cool to access it via WiFi, whilst inside the Concerto. Maybe I should just try it, if I can find it.

• Like 1

Hey Fred, have you tried a Toshiba Flash Air cart? What is the upper limit anyway, regardless of wireless access? I have a 32GB one somewhere, it'd be cool to access it via WiFi, whilst inside the Concerto. Maybe I should just try it, if I can find it.

I hadn't heard of them until now, but it might work. 32GB is the upper limit on card size.

If it works let us know, as I will be ordering one ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I finally have a console that exhibits the same issue with Double Dragon, so now I can try to track down the issue. I now have about a dozen consoles. If it works on all of them, I think I'll be ready to sell the rest of the PRGE Concertos.

Batari - I'm having an issue now after near daily use of the concerto - when power on the console, it just stays on the flashing "concerto vo.5" screen. won't go to the loader. this was after mistakenly trying to load a .zip of an atari cart that I hadn't decompressed. an you give me any recommendations? I've left the machine off for awhile and came back, still the same result.

Batari - I'm having an issue now after near daily use of the concerto - when power on the console, it just stays on the flashing "concerto vo.5" screen. won't go to the loader. this was after mistakenly trying to load a .zip of an atari cart that I hadn't decompressed. an you give me any recommendations? I've left the machine off for awhile and came back, still the same result.

Try reflashng the Bios.

I am not sure what this will sell for (I skimmed a lot of the last 10 pages, lots of tech stuff), but I think I'm gonna get one. Does this thing keep track of high score like someone asked?

Wait, the Concerto has High Score Cartridge* functionality? Now that you proposed this question, I sure hope it does!

*Yet another great feature GCC and Atari Inc developed - which would've been pioneering in 1984 - which the later Atari Corp failed to bring to market.

Edited by Lynxpro