IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

Come on guys - did no one read what Fred wrote?

Unless you're an active developer, don't bombard Fred with PM's. He knows there's demand and he know 7800 aficionados will want one. 

I can wait the extra week or two.

no, really. I can.

*cringes in agony*

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

@DrVenkman Hey we're not trying to cut in line, we just want to reserve a copy if it becomes available on a first-come-first-served basis, all we're doing is get in line behind the developers and we want to be one of the first of the general public to get our hands on one, that's all. No harm intended, we're willing to wait but we have made our reservations in advance just in case, much like getting a table in a very busy but fine restaurant.

He's not taking reservations. 

don't bother the devs. 

it will be released to the public very soon. Keep your pants on. 

• Like 6

Don't make me have to clean this thread up again, there are enough invisible posts in it already.  Next step, I will kick people.  Some of you are like the children who throw themselves on the floor in a public place and scream "Mom, but I want that now!".

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Don't make me have to clean this thread up again, there are enough invisible posts in it already.  Next step, I will kick people.  Some of you are like the children who throw themselves on the floor in a public place and scream "Mom, but I want that now!".

I wasn't intending that at all, all I was saying is that when the time comes that it is officially available to the general public we just wanted to be some of the first to get one, that was what I was saying, much like you get in line early to score good tickets to a Metallica (or other band, fill in) concert, for instance. If we have to wait we are more than willing to no matter how long it takes. I wasn't talking about getting it now at this instant, not by any means.

Besides I think Fred would love it that since his product is in such huge demand that maybe placing an advance order would surely inspire him to know that there are fans of his work that are willing to wait as long as it takes for him to come out with the perfect product, and without the rush.

• Sad 1

I thought people were emailing Fred for the update if they had the existing Concerto.  Wow... can't believe people are bothering him when he specifically said he would announce.  I'm sure almost everyone would have sent him a message.  If I were him I'd ignore the PMs or move to lower priority when announced officially.

• Like 4

Just a note: someone told me that they got an email from someone offering to sell them a Concerto. It wasn’t me: I am not emailing anyone but conducting this all through PM at this early stage.

Also the order site will be hosted on square.site or atariage.com and nowhere else.

edit: some clarification: it was a PM on another forum, not an email.

edit2: Ok, I got some more clarification. The user got a spam PM on another forum about flash carts. I guess it’s nothing to be alarmed about but these days it’s best to have an abundance of caution as scammers are getting more sophisticated. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Same here. THIS is the reason why after years of being a 5200-only guy I got myself a 7800.

1 hour ago, Aking said:

One concerto for me too. Please

2 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Hey.....found the thread.  I would for sure like a 7800 SD cart as well.  Thanks to all involved. 

giphy-downsized.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 11/15/2020 at 6:02 PM, batari said:

Next week they will be available to the general public. So that I don't sell more Concertos than I can produce in a reasonable amount of time, I will be using an inventory-controlled site to sell them and will be making them available in small batches. An announcement on that will come later, after the developer carts are sold.

Just to reiterate the process that Batari posted for those folks that somehow missed it, despite it being on the previous page.

I've helpfully marked the key part of the statement in bold...

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

I will be using an inventory-controlled site to sell them and will be making them available in small batches

I believe this is also important to understand.  it means that posting that you want a cartridge here means absolutely nothing. i think most people on this thread probably want one.  reminding everyone that you want one doesn’t change anything, and just starts to become annoying.

it also means that when he is ready to sell he will probably post a link that you can click on, and if you are lucky you will be able to order one.  if they sell out you will need to wait until another batch is ready. welcome to adulthood

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

Just to reiterate the process that Batari posted for those folks that somehow missed it, despite it being on the previous page.

I've helpfully marked the key part of the statement in bold...

You posted too soon after this one.  I was HOPING and expecting that the very next post would be someone else asking to get no the "list" or how to order.  It's just how it works here.

On 11/15/2020 at 6:58 PM, CPUWIZ said:

When can I preorder one with wifi capabilities? ?

*I will just show myself out now*

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Remember, folks: when replying to a thread, never, ever, under any circumstances, read so much as one of the posts that came before the one you're about to make.  They absolutely will not ever contain any information relevant to the truly stupid post you're about to share with the world, so just go ahead and spew whatever pseudothoughts are rattling around in your head all over the keyboard.  Everyone will thank you later for clicking that 'Submit' button like a true interweb champeen.

This has been this week's edition of Terrible Forum Etiquette Advice with Dr. x=usr(1536).  Next week: 'Me too!' as a valuable and insightful response.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2