IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

Mods/Admins:

I have an idea. How about you lock this thread, create a new subforum of the 7800 forum for the Concerto/SD Carts in general (like the Harmony Cart subforum off the 2600 main) and put a locked, stickied post at the top with all the ordering info, that Batari can manage and update when he has new info.

And allow for support threads to be created to report bugs/compare notes, for Concerto owners etc.

Might be better than all the lazy questions and subsequent shit-flinging going on in this one.

12 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

Is there a chance to put myself on the reserve list for one, I missed out on the last 2 batches, I figure if I pay for one in advance, I CAN'T miss out, I would got one right away that way I wouldn't have to miss out on the (somewhat) surprising midnight release dates when most of us are asleep after a hard night of work.

Derp.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Mods/Admins:

I have an idea. How about you lock this thread, create a new subforum of the 7800 forum for the Concerto/SD Carts in general (like the Harmony Cart subforum off the 2600 main) and put a locked, stickied post at the top with all the ordering info, that Batari can manage and update when he has new info.

And allow for support threads to be created to report bugs/compare notes, for Concerto owners etc.

Might be better than all the lazy questions and subsequent shit-flinging going on in this one.

It would be easier and more palatable for the rest of us to just ban the mouth-breathers from this and it's related threads, IMO that is. Perhaps that is a birthday wish that just won't come true. Who knows.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Mods/Admins:

That is an excellent idea, but he needs to make that post, then I can lock it and give him edit rights, I think.

Ray, stop it with the lists already.  Remember: "There Is No Spoon"

• Like 6

I know...

"When is this going to happen?  ETA?"

"Can I be notified, when this happens?"

"Is there a list I can get on, to be notified as early as possible of said post?"

"Consider me interested in this post, let me know."

"Can I sue, if this doesn't happen?"

"I paid good money for the right to know!  Oh, wait."

"Does the Dragonfly dude have a list yet?"

"Why do other people have lists?"

"Is there a list of people who make lists?"

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

That is an excellent idea, but he needs to make that post, then I can lock it and give him edit rights, I think.

Ray, stop it with the lists already.  Remember: "There Is No Spoon"

I now know that. BTW, UPDATE: I DID pick up (and finally get back on) my meds this afternoon so I should be all fine and dandy within a couple of days. :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BIGHMW said:

I DID pick up (and finally get back on) my meds this afternoon so I should be all fine and dandy within a couple of days. :) 

Glad to hear that.

EDIT: Now stop asking for pre-orders and people to program games you want and everything will be back to somewhat "normal".

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Can someone program a game where your character wakes up and has to get on preorder lists before they close?

I'd definitely sign up for the preorder list for that game!

Whoawhoawhoa...  Back up there a minute.  We need a thread to gauge interest in the idea of a game where your character wakes up and has to get on preorder lists before they close ahead of the preorder list going live.  Don't try to work outside the system.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Whoawhoawhoa...  Back up there a minute.  We need a thread to gauge interest in the idea of a game where your character wakes up and has to get on preorder lists before they close ahead of the preorder list going live.  Don't try to work outside the system.

Just add me to the list, I've been at work 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 12/3/2020 at 8:04 PM, batari said:

Likely, yes, as said there is a hardware fix that helps, but issues with certain PAL 7800s have been identified and fixed in firmware too.

Do you have any plans to test it on a PAL system?  Wouldn't like to order one and then find out it doesn't work ?

1 hour ago, nysavant said:

Do you have any plans to test it on a PAL system?  Wouldn't like to order one and then find out it doesn't work ?

issues with certain PAL 7800s have been identified and fixed in firmware too.

does that answer your question??

34 minutes ago, Jinks said:

issues with certain PAL 7800s have been identified and fixed in firmware too.

does that answer your question??

Well no, not really.  That just says certain PAL systems.  Hence who I asked for a little more clarification if possible. 

59 minutes ago, nysavant said:

Well no, not really.  That just says certain PAL systems.  Hence who I asked for a little more clarification if possible. 

Some PAL systems do this funky RAM mirroring thing (there's probably a technical description that's more accurate..). I have one of these and I've been acting as guinea pig for Freds test builds to fix this, sending him pictures and videos etc. 

The version I'm running on right now on my PAL console is running fine. The issues are gone.

The main remaining issue that I see is with 48kb roms with Pokey at location $450 - this isn't implemented yet, but I know that's coming soon (some homebrews like Danger Zone are affected).

My Concerto runs great with the latest firmware.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Muddyfunster said:

Some PAL systems do this funky RAM mirroring thing (there's probably a technical description that's more accurate..). I have one of these and I've been acting as guinea pig for Freds test builds to fix this, sending him pictures and videos etc. 

The version I'm running on right now on my PAL console is running fine. The issues are gone.

Thanks very much for the helpful reply.  Good to know.  And I like your funky RAM terminology ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

I know...

"When is this going to happen?  ETA?"

"Can I be notified, when this happens?"

"Is there a list I can get on, to be notified as early as possible of said post?"

"Consider me interested in this post, let me know."

"Can I sue, if this doesn't happen?"

"I paid good money for the right to know!  Oh, wait."

"Does the Dragonfly dude have a list yet?"

"Why do other people have lists?"

"Is there a list of people who make lists?"

You forgot.  How can I jump to the front of the list even though other people have been waiting patiently for 5 years?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Stephen said:

You forgot.  How can I jump to the front of the list even though other people have been waiting patiently for 5 years?

Only 5 years? This topic's 6 years old and we talk about Harmony Concerto even from before ah ah.

?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Philsan said:

Only 5 years? This topic's 6 years old and we talk about Harmony Concerto even from before ah ah.

?

If you do not know about H2 than you have not been following from the beginning. 

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Muddyfunster said:

I'd love to hear the details of this unexpected mirroring, and if it's been seen on more than one PAL console. It would be good to know what locations we should be avoiding, with other projects.