IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

The Concerto Brotherhood is very selective. For those of you hitting refresh over and over again, here are some suggestions:

• Think only pure and worthy thoughts. The Brotherhood is listening.
  • Focus your chi into your 7800. Go full Miyagi on that thing.
  • Sacrifice a copy of 7800 Karateka to the 8-bit gods. Ball peen hammer works best. (If you burn it you won't hear the end of complaints about the smoke from your family. Trust me) Deleting a Karateka rom doesn't count for anything, because we've all done that before.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

14 minutes ago, RevEng said:

The Concerto Brotherhood is very selective. For those of you hitting refresh over and over again, here are some suggestions:

• Sacrifice a copy of 7800 Karateka to the 8-bit gods. Ball peen hammer works best. (If you burn it you won't hear the end of complaints about the smoke from your family. Trust me) Deleting a Karateka rom doesn't count for anything, because we've all done that before.

Good luck!

Also:

• Stop touching yourself.
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, RevEng said:

Good luck!

karate kid GIF by IFCpat morita nod GIF

• Like 4

9 hours ago, scotty said:

Were you in the 1st batch (Sunday) or the 2nd (Wednesday)?    Did the email come from Fred or Erstwhile Technologies?

I was in the *correction* Sunday 11/29 batch and my email came from Erstwhile Technologies about 17 hours ago and I'm just waiting for USPS tracking to say they are processing it in their system. I live close to the shipping origin so I'm hoping I'll have a new toy to play with this weekend. ?

Edited by john_q_atari
Trying to avoid inciting a riot
  • Like 1

I think Batari should cancel the orders and start over. Tell everyone that was just  trail run for the real release. ?

Then put up 1 cart for sale every couple hours or days depending on the phase of the moon and dog farts. I see it as the only way to be fair about this matter.

• Haha 4

Just letting everyone know that the delay with shipping Concertos was due to my desire to get the firmware built with a new compiler. I have dozens of assembled Concertos on my bench right now, which are otherwise ready.

The firmware code builds and runs great with the old compiler from 2007, but the code it produces isn't as efficient as that of the new compiler. Plus, the old compiler doesn't run natively on my current systems: I have to use a VM which is a pain.

In order to add all of the features I want, I want to use the best compiler out there. The new compiler does run on my systems but has yet to produce fully working code, though, as it's too smart for its own good, and optimizes stuff out that it shouldn't, and I have tracked down most of this but some remains. But, this is turning out to be a good thing, as the new Concerto firmware I am working on now has an error/exception handler so if a user does something unexpected and really goes off into the weeds, Concerto will report useful information on your 7800 screen that will help me make future firmware better!

The reason I wanted the newest firmware was because the old firmware cannot update to the new using the menu (you would have to use a USB cable.) I didn't want to trouble more people with that than necessary right now, so this is why I have been feverishly trying to get the new firmware built and validated.

But, I have to let it go and work on it later, so for the short term, in order to get Concertos to you sooner, is I have put together an older firmware version (the one released on carts that shipped a couple of weeks ago), with the only change being that you *can* update to the new version from the menu. However, please note that in doing so, it can't downgrade to an older firmware from the menu. Not that anyone would do that.

So, the batch of Concertos that is shipping out shortly (will be in tomorrow's mail, couldn't make it today) will have this firmware, version 0.92. Not the latest and greatest, but it will let you easily keep up on firmware updates as they are released, so that you have the latest features and functionality.

Hopefully, I will sort out the compiler issues soon but for now I need to focus on getting Concertos out the door!

• Like 24

3 hours ago, mksmith said:

karate kid GIF by IFC

I keep feeling like Johnny, in the above gif, the morning after Concerto goes on sale.

9 hours ago, RevEng said:

My wires must be crossed and I went full Cobra Kai instead of full Miyagi.

Must breathe-in, breathe-out...wax-on, wax-off...

Or maybe paint a fence instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Were you in the first batch or second? I didn't get an email notification yet, but I was second batch, so maybe he hasn't gotten to those yet? 

I know he said he's working on them, I'm not in a rush, just curious.

First batch here :)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, batari said:

Another small batch will be up tomorrow evening.

* tomorrow = Wednesday here :)

Pants, been up all night with my daughter having an asthma attack and now in A+E (UK version of ER). when I finally get home I'm going to sleep through.
If it had been Tuesday night I would have at least seen the email :D

Edited by mimo

Lurker on this topic since back in the Harmony2/Symphony days. There has some quite a bit of entertainment value from the quirky banter of some of the posts from this thead...  Huge props @batari for everything you've been able to do for the Atari community. You sir, Rock!

Now to go back to lurking and quietly playing games on the Harmony while I patiently wait. ?