IGNORED

Homebrews No Longer Obtainable?

PFL

S. You mean a blit operation vs flip operation?

Essentially, yes. Some drivers implement v'sync with a busy-wait, burning time until the 16.7 ms is up. Others simply switch to another back-buffer and return immediately (page-flipping). This is outside the control of Stella, so I can't fix it on my end. But I know how long the emulation is taking, typically 1-2 ms per frame. Anything else is inefficiencies in the drivers.

This is of course on newer hardware. The further you go back in time, the slower the hardware/video card, and the more time that emulation takes. But I can't imagine stressing any system made in the past 10+ years.

• Like 1

encouraging StarDust to do the same thing; he was the one down for OPP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYSjijd57c0

Can't deny classic hip hop. Since you decided to namedrop me specifically, yes, I am "down for OPP" and proud of it. The rest of your post I have deleted and does not warrant a response.

• Like 1

I didn't think that was a game. :?

Isn't DB more of a "Simulation"? I saw one for sale here and was curious because I had never heard of it. A quick google lead me to a couple of game play videos/reviews. I decided that it wasn't worth $65 which was what it was being sold for. Pass on that one. The cause it was originally done for was great. But at this point buying from a 3rd party doesn't seem worth it.

I have zero clue wtf the majority of you are going on about. Yes, I guess it sucks that there are limited amounts of homebrew games out there for the Atari. So it goes.

Is there anything else that really needs to be said? It's like someone is whining about not getting some ice cream because the truck drove away. "B-b-b-b-b-but...I didn't get any ICE CREAM!!!" Jesus, even I can't handle all the whineage in this thread, and that's saying something :)

• Like 3

Isn't DB more of a "Simulation"? I saw one for sale here and was curious because I had never heard of it. A quick google lead me to a couple of game play videos/reviews. I decided that it wasn't worth $65 which was what it was being sold for. Pass on that one. The cause it was originally done for was great. But at this point buying from a 3rd party doesn't seem worth it.

Dang! I have to come clean here and admit that I own a copy of DB.

• Like 2

Dang! I have to come clean here and admit that I own a copy of DB.

Ha Ha! OK sramirez2008 now I have to look at you in a new light. :P Did you get it during the initial offering (charity) or from someone else?

I live in PHX. So I am already at the 1/3rd point of the sim. While I haven't driven from Tucson to Vegas, I have driven from PHX to LV but not driving a bus and it is not a bad drive, I guess I have done it too many times, but adding the 2 more hours from Tucson in another story. Meh I don't really care for Tucson.

I have zero clue wtf the majority of you are going on about. Yes, I guess it sucks that there are limited amounts of homebrew games out there for the Atari. So it goes.

Is there anything else that really needs to be said? It's like someone is whining about not getting some ice cream because the truck drove away. "B-b-b-b-b-but...I didn't get any ICE CREAM!!!" Jesus, even I can't handle all the whineage in this thread, and that's saying something :)

X2! Just a few folk consistently making emotional, frustrated venting badmouth posts in lieu of discussion. That’s exactly the way a gal with PMS would act, knock it off.

Ha Ha! OK sramirez2008 now I have to look at you in a new light. :P Did you get it during the initial offering (charity) or from someone else?

I live in PHX. So I am already at the 1/3rd point of the sim. While I haven't driven from Tucson to Vegas, I have driven from PHX to LV but not driving a bus and it is not a bad drive, I guess I have done it too many times, but adding the 2 more hours from Tucson in another story. Meh I don't really care for Tucson.

It gets worse, I got it after the initial offering. I keep it around to remind myself that I should always put some time into researching a game before buying it. I literally played it once and not for too long, before I had to just stop and put it away. I like to buy games to play them, so I keep telling myself that I should try to run through the marathon, but I haven't been able to find the time to do so. For now, its another item on the bucket list, but down on the list.

• Like 1

It gets worse, I got it after the initial offering. I keep it around to remind myself that I should always put some time into researching a game before buying it. I literally played it once and not for too long, before I had to just stop and put it away. I like to buy games to play them, so I keep telling myself that I should try to run through the marathon, but I haven't been able to find the time to do so. For now, its another item on the bucket list, but down on the list.

LOL. I saw some video on youtube once where a couple guys taking turns made it to the end of desert bus on Sega CD, then forgot to hit start to begin the next track on their journey... :P

Seriously though, the game is like eight hours of driving a crooked bus where you tap left or right occasionally to correct the steering. Should be simple enought that an arduino with a light sensor could make the needed corrections.

No need for fancy AI... :grin:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/266695-microsofts-ai-just-shattered-the-ms-pac-man-high-score/

• Like 1

Heh... "Whineage" LOL

A few years ago, I would have shared your arguments. But since the existence of Harmony, the sales of homebrews has dropped significantly. So there are quite a lot of people who just want the ROM and don't care for the developer. That was pretty surprising for me.

For me the main problem here is not the money, but the lack of feedback. I don't know how many people really like my games. That's also the reason why I would never limit the sales of my games (unless I am forced to do so). But also not enough reason not to release my ROMs in the future. :)

This made me so sad to read that I just bought two homebrews from the AA store. I appreciate being able to buy new games for the favorite system of my youth. Thank you to everyone who makes these awesome games!

For the record, I picked up Haunted Adventure Trilogy, because I am an Adventure junkie, and Seawolf. Seawolf is addictive.

• Like 2