IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - October 16th 2014

Pixelboy

someone manage to dump those new game cause i try with my maxflash and i cant make it to work i dont know if its my maxflash that is dead or there is something different in the pcb??

If you're getting the "No Rom Header" error in the MaxFlash software, I got the same message when making a backup rom dump of Joust and ended up having to use my ole' faithful ADAM Computer to make a dump to be used on the SD Cart. The other three games need to be dumped using the MegaCart option and even then, the SubRoc file dump ended up being 1024K when it should have been 128K, so I had to resive the dump.

When I helped Ikranaka with his Clean Rom Dump project, I ran into a surprising number of CV carts that I could not dump with the MaxFlash cart. Some of the times all I had to do was not push the cart all the way into the CV adapter, while other times nothing worked and I had to revert to using my ADAM. Makes me wish I would have never traded the modded AtariMax USB Cart with bread board adapter a couple years ago as I never had an issue with that one... but it didn't support the MegaCart PCB.

If you contact Steve Tucker about this issue, please let us know here what he says as Ikranaka ran into this problem as well.

• Like 1

If you're getting the "No Rom Header" error in the MaxFlash software, I got the same message when making a backup rom dump of Joust and ended up having to use my ole' faithful ADAM Computer to make a dump to be used on the SD Cart. The other three games need to be dumped using the MegaCart option and even then, the SubRoc file dump ended up being 1024K when it should have been 128K, so I had to resive the dump.

When I helped Ikranaka with his Clean Rom Dump project, I ran into a surprising number of CV carts that I could not dump with the MaxFlash cart. Some of the times all I had to do was not push the cart all the way into the CV adapter, while other times nothing worked and I had to revert to using my ADAM. Makes me wish I would have never traded the modded AtariMax USB Cart with bread board adapter a couple years ago as I never had an issue with that one... but it didn't support the MegaCart PCB.

If you contact Steve Tucker about this issue, please let us know here what he says as Ikranaka ran into this problem as well.

I too have run into this problem, and it was most serious on my latest purchases from CollectorVision (Galaga, Gamester81, and Telebunny). I eventually figured out that the pins on these carts are not making good contact with the MaxFlash, presumably due to either a revised thickness of PCBs or a minor revision in pinout spacing.

I also picked up Joust at CGE 2014 this year, and it was the easiest cart to dump of the 4 that I purchased. After at least an hour of attempts, I finally got Galaga and Gamester81 to dump, but Telebunny has been ridiculously stubborn!

I have yet to try inserting a #2 or #1 flathead screwdriver into the pins of the Maxflash to attempt a slight "forcing out" for better contact. This, I may try.

I too have run into this problem, and it was most serious on my latest purchases from CollectorVision (Galaga, Gamester81, and Telebunny). I eventually figured out that the pins on these carts are not making good contact with the MaxFlash, presumably due to either a revised thickness of PCBs or a minor revision in pinout spacing.

I also picked up Joust at CGE 2014 this year, and it was the easiest cart to dump of the 4 that I purchased. After at least an hour of attempts, I finally got Galaga and Gamester81 to dump, but Telebunny has been ridiculously stubborn!

I have yet to try inserting a #2 or #1 flathead screwdriver into the pins of the Maxflash to attempt a slight "forcing out" for better contact. This, I may try.

i take older game like dragon's lair and other megacart that i own and redump them and everything perfect so its not the maxflash but something with the cart

someone could explain me how to remove the unused byte in the overdumped file

great work luc always on schedule do you plan a 25 dec release since this one gone well even with your university class

My plan towards Christmas is to honor all the pre-orders for my older releases (Gulkave, Girl's Garden, etc.) but I will continue to sell my recent releases while supplies last. I have 13 copies left of SubRoc Super Game, 22 copies left of TwinBee, and only 2 copies left of The Goonies. I will make more copies of those games once the second run of SGMs ships (according to the actual demand, of course).

My plan towards Christmas is to honor all the pre-orders for my older releases (Gulkave, Girl's Garden, etc.) but I will continue to sell my recent releases while supplies last. I have 13 copies left of SubRoc Super Game, 22 copies left of TwinBee, and only 2 copies left of The Goonies. I will make more copies of those games once the second run of SGMs ships (according to the actual demand, of course).

I'm surprised there is a boss in the SubRoc Super Game :o a giant mechanical octopus!

Some pretty cool graphics in this game :)

• Like 2

Received my package of games... beautiful job Luc, thanks! Once again the quality of everything right down to the shipping box is second to none. These are beautiful and I haven't even had a chance to play them yet! :)

I'll be featuring these new acquisitions on my web site very soon. Thanks again!

I'm surprised there is a boss in the SubRoc Super Game :o a giant mechanical octopus!

Some pretty cool graphics in this game :)

The Coleco programmer stated that he was not happy with his efforts on the ColecoVision cartridge version and set out to really correct things with this ADAM Super Game version. Unfortunately it did not get released commercially, but at least the powers that be at Coleco allowed it to be released freely for all to enjoy.

Thanks must also go out to Pixelboy for agreeing to make this release in cartridge form as well as Mystery Man for undertaking the huge challenge of porting it from ADAM to CV format.

IMPORTANT NEWS!!

I am setting a deadline of November 30th 2014 for pre-ordering copies of my older releases, namely:

- Gulkave

- Girl's Garden

- Peek-a-boo

- Pitfall II Arcade

- Track & Field

- Destructor SCE

- Circus Charlie

- Star Force

- Golgo 13

- Ninja Princess

- Bank Panic

- Konami's Ping-Pong

- Wonder Boy

- Mopiranger

- Module Man

- The Black Onyx

Any new pre-orders received after that date will be put on a separate waiting list going into 2015. Please send me a PM if you are interested in any of the games listed above.

For those who have already placed a pre-order, all my waiting lists are up to date, so it's probably pointless to send me a PM to ask if you're still on these lists (don't worry, you are). I plan to start gluing boxes together and prepare all copies starting on December 16th 2014. I will contact everyone on my waiting list as soon as the copies are ready to ship. My target date is Christmas Day, but it could be a little sooner than that.

Just in case you're wondering, I have no plans to produce more SGM games until Opcode Games ships the second run of SGMs. All I have to offer at the moment are copies of SubRoc Super Game and TwinBee.

• Like 3

just buy this with the custom power supply of rey than you are on track to play all adam super game zaxon dragon's lair subroc and if you are lucky like me i can play thexder and rollerball on it but no sound since no ay chip

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=201216666117

You know, I never did test the Adam Super Game cartridge conversions on my Adam yet. Are they ALL confirmed to work fully without the SGM?