IGNORED

New Lynx User

Rhomaios

Ransom hooked me up!

7Q9whOS.jpg

I only have four games now, Crystal Mines II in addition to the four above. So, besides an adapter, what should I grab for this? What is superior on the Lynx compared to other ports (like STUN Runner) or must have exclusives (like Crystal Mines II) or just great fun to have on the system (like Joust)?

I'm reading through some of the threads, but a fresh perspective would be nice.

• Like 1

It depends what you want.

My favorite classic arcade game from the early 80s has a fantastic Lynx port:Robotron 2084. Should be dirt cheap also.

For late 80s style arcade fun my vote goes to Blue Lightning It is basically Afterburner on the Lynx, and worth it for being a technical showcase alone, let alone that flying a fighter jet is cool.^^

Personally I like action platformers, so I really enjoy Rygar, Switchblade II and Ninja Gaiden III. Neither is flawless though.

Blue Lightning if you like 5-10 minute games. The missions are short and there is a lot of action packed into them. Just remember to turn on your afterburners in the canyon run ;)

Blue Lightning is a bit short. I believe there is just 9 missions. But the cart is definitely a "must have". Nice to play imho.

http://www.ataritimes.com/index.php?ArticleIDX=289

I had one friend back in the day who had the Lynx. We all thought he was nuts, because the batteries lasted 20 minutes. Was really happy to get one a few years ago, really has fantastic games.

20 minutes!! They last me like 5-6 hours. Noticeably longer than Game Gear...

Super Asteroids Missile Command

Dirty Larry Renegade Cop

Zaku

Xybots

Awesome Golf

Gauntlet: The Third Encounter

Rampage

Hydra

Paperboy

Ms. Pac Man

Raiden

California Games

Double Dragon

Toke

• Like 1

Yes, one of the things that Best sells is the big one that clips onto your belt.

pag3325%20battery%20pack.jpg

Sure, but I mean: That one's not so great because it still needs batteries. The GB and GG had ones that were rechargeable without batteries. So is the Naki one I posted above. You clip it to the back of the Lynx and play without batteries at all.

Sure, but I mean: That one's not so great because it still needs batteries. The GB and GG had ones that were rechargeable without batteries. So is the Naki one I posted above. You clip it to the back of the Lynx and play without batteries at all.

Oh, duh, you're right! I just use it with the wall wart.