IGNORED

The History of Bonaccorsi - Brazilian seller and "Atari Hero"

Folks, many of you hard collectors around here know the name of Luiz Bonaccorsi. For me, this guys is such a legend. He is to be directly credited for the international discovery of Brazilian largely undocumented Atari market.

My admiration for him takes place in form of a quick post in my blog. It's his history being told. All international Atari collectors should known a little bit about it.

Here's my original post in Portuguese: http://bor.ba/av

And here's Google Translation to English (very good, to be honest): http://bor.ba/aw

• Like 2

Awesome and hilarious, a great read. Nice job Antonio and google translate.

Thank you, Ian! As I read the translation, I figured my Portuguese must be well written, cause English version was a very close call. Of course not exactly the same, but the idea (and even the irony) is there! Kudos for Google too! Never thought translator could be so good!

Thank you very much for telling his story.

I "discovered" Bonaccorsi about 2 years ago from his few Intellivision games in Mercado Livre.

After just a couple of games I bought from him, I knew he was a very honest and a great seller.

In fact, when I declined an offer to import games in USA and distribute them in Brazil, Bonaccorsi was the name I had to indicate.

It's great when you find someone you can trust, and I thank you again for letting me know his story.

Hey, Tom, thanks for the interesting topic about myself. I guess I have now my "15 seconds of fame" !

Ian, Marco and everybody: it's nice to still alive and kicking, and not to be only remembered in the afterlife ;)

Ian found me again a few months ago, and we have been talking. Someday he will visit me in Brazil, and I promised to take him to some special and secret brazilian flea markets!

Marco, how are the things going in Netherlands? We need to talk again, please, write to me! I missed you too!

Ian and Marco are my truly heroes. There would be no Bonaccorsi without these 2 guys! I have no words to describe how great they always treated me!

Thank you very much!

Luiz Bonaccorsi

• 5 months later...