IGNORED

One thing you learned after joining atariage

Manoau2002

In Atariage I've meet the most astonishing and helpful people ever, no other forum comes so near :) :thumbsup:

I've learnt a thing of everything, including the right way to help.

The history about the Atari 2600 prototypes, the history about Intellivision games published without being finished, the history of Colecovision games finally being "recovered" after 30 years.

Even I became a collector, and learnt Atari and Intellivision programming :D

I feel at home in Atariage forums ;)

1. I learned that people can misinterpret, mangle, and twist anything you say, so you better cover every possible angle like a lawyer if you don't want a mob to come after you. :D

2. I learned that moderators have huge penises.

3. Thanks to batari Basic at AtariAge, I learned that I'm 20 times more stupid and lazy than I imagined.

D. I learned that I ain't more gooder at making lists.

• Like 2

So many things . . .

Some of the first things that I learned after coming here were

1) What emulation is (Stella was my 1st emulator)

2) HERO was first on the 2600 before being ported to other systems

3) Hombrews exist!

Later, I learned new things about electronics, and I even learned I could contribute to this incredible community of like-minded old farts.

I learned that after running into people with bad attitudes I need to keep a positive one on an everyday basis.

And i have also met some great people here who do that!.....I like those people! ;-)

I've learned that long-running Shatner jokes are funny. Wolfy, you should change the word "Spiker" in your avatar to "Shatner!"

• Like 1

I learned about this magical thing called a Harmony cart (but I still don't have one).

I also learned there is a very active Atari homebrew scene and about Batari basic.

It's funny. I kept seeing the Harmony cart mentioned in multiple threads and I didn't even know what it was until I finally checked after reading your post! Now it's something I learned as well.

More things than I can list, but number one is that AtariAge is far and away the friendliest, most down to earth enthusiast forum of any kind on the web. There are lots of good folks on here who are smarter than I am but (in the best Elmer tradition) they are always glad to take a moment or two and offer insight and encouragement.

• 2 months later...

I actually was thinking the other day about how being exposed to the world of "collecting" has really shown me what a powerful force obsessive compulsive behavior really is in our society. Not to make light - it is a serious problem, and you can see it all over the place in the world of collecting.

It makes me think very seriously how OCD has been present all throughout human history and it has probably left its mark on many things . . . religion, politics, invention/creation, warfare

I learned that no matter how many times someone pastes William Shatner's face onto something, it still doesn't become amusing to me.

I've also learned that collecting video games is almost akin to a sickness, in that it spreads and spreads throughout your home in the form of boxes, rubbermaid tubs, and shelves hidden away in closets.

• Like 2

More things than I can list, but number one is that AtariAge is far and away the friendliest, most down to earth enthusiast forum of any kind on the web. There are lots of good folks on here who are smarter than I am but (in the best Elmer tradition) they are always glad to take a moment or two and offer insight and encouragement.

Same here. It's the only forum I've gone to over the decades that I don't think has ever gotten sidetracked by politics, religion and related stuff. I've never felt "I need a break form this place because someone is ticking me off." Truly unique, and it's awesome to know there is at least one place on the internet like it.

• Like 2