IGNORED

Gameboy cases for Lynx games

Stevaside

My "Atari Lynx Man Purse" should be coming in next week to store everything in my new collection... :-D

Would like some of these to organize the rest of my games that won't go in the 12 slots it has....These seem harder to find then I thought...I'd like to buy a lot of 20, but the only listings I've seen with bigger quantities come in mixed colors or are from Asian sellers that I get a bad feeling about the quality...

I don't really want to get them with the Nintendo logo on them, I just don't feel right about that hahaha....In that massive Lynx collection YT vid I posted recently that happened to be from member Rygar on here...I noticed they had what looked like printed game labels inside the cases at the ends...I really like that idea, and would like to do that myself...Should you be able to do that with any Original Gameboy case, whether Nintendo brand or generic?? I have no idea if the sizes differed, but some I've seen look to thin to really do that

Any links you guys can send ?? I know there has to be some independent game stores online out there that still sell them...

Thanks in advance

Edited by Stevaside

Those look cool, but I'm wanting to keep the games in a small case such as the gameboy game clear shells so I can keep a row of them inside my Kit Case, which just came in yesterday....Thanks for commenting tho. I thought using Gameboy cases for Lynx games was a common thing..crazy how like 200 ppl viewed this & not 1 person can tell me a good place to get a few of em at lol

Regarding the game boy boxes you can find many many diffrent lots on Ebay. I am sur you can find exactly the quantity you want.

And regarding my custom labels there was just made with Word like this model :

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Last I looked the only lots of like 10 + had the Nintendo logo on them or were different colors, which I'd rather not have.... Think I might have to copy your idea for labels once I get some cases haha

• 3 months later...

Here are the PPTX files in PDF form.

These are the covers from AtariAge, so there are some missing.

The front cover should print at 6.6cm High and 6cm Wide.

The back cover should print at 6.5cm High and 5.6cm Wide.

These will fit nicely in a Gameboy case. A dab of glue in the corners will keep them secure.

If you want the PowerPoint version, please PM me with your email address and I will send it to you.

Thanks to LX.NET for proof-reading and correcting my spelling.

Enjoy

lynx gameboy template Part 1a.pdf

lynx gameboy template Part 2a.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I already ordered a few Gameboy cases for my tiny collection. The front and the top appears to be just great. One thing I was thinking of is a cheat-sheet inside the box. Many games have some programming bugs. Like MegaPak Password:

Opt 1 allows you to cheat once (it gives you a letter for free). But if you click on Opt 1 when you have no guesses left if decreases the guesses and wraps over to FF. Then you can just keep clicking Opt 1 to win the game. My son found this cheat in 5 mins after the cart was out.

After 32 wins the cart opens up a secret game that stays in the menu forever after that. (The game is called Treasure and is a text adventure made by Scott Adams "Pirate Cove". I actually got his permission to add it to MegaPak.)

• Like 1

Cool but I see one problem with the cases: when you have more than 50 Lynx games those cases would start to take up a lot of spaces. Without the case, I can fit my entire Lynx game collection into one large Lynx bag. With the case, I would need a few Gameboy style game cases like the grey and purple Nuby bag that holds about a dozen.

• Like 1

I'm tempted to give the Game Boy cases a go... but a quick glance on eBay, and it's not quite as cheap as I'd hope. Anyone know a good place in Europe (or that ships here) for a decent price? Going to want about 60 off the bat...

Also, being a collector, would want them all to be the same/non Nintendo branded etc. Jeez, I'm so needy.

• Like 1

My "Atari Lynx Man Purse" should be coming in next week to store everything in my new collection... :-D

Would like some of these to organize the rest of my games that won't go in the 12 slots it has....These seem harder to find then I thought...I'd like to buy a lot of 20, but the only listings I've seen with bigger quantities come in mixed colors or are from Asian sellers that I get a bad feeling about the quality...

I don't really want to get them with the Nintendo logo on them, I just don't feel right about that hahaha....In that massive Lynx collection YT vid I posted recently that happened to be from member Rygar on here...I noticed they had what looked like printed game labels inside the cases at the ends...I really like that idea, and would like to do that myself...Should you be able to do that with any Original Gameboy case, whether Nintendo brand or generic?? I have no idea if the sizes differed, but some I've seen look to thin to really do that

Any links you guys can send ?? I know there has to be some independent game stores online out there that still sell them...

Thanks in advance

Many years ago, when the Lynx was relevant, I went to the Nintento repair center in Redmond, Wa. I asked to purchase Gameboy cases. They asked what I wanted them for and I showed them my Lynx. The employee went into the back and gave me a box of about 70 of them. The best thing was, that they were free!! The employees even wanted to play with the Lynx and thought it was pretty cool. I miss customer service like this.

• Like 2

Many years ago, when the Lynx was relevant, I went to the Nintento repair center in Redmond, Wa. I asked to purchase Gameboy cases. They asked what I wanted them for and I showed them my Lynx. The employee went into the back and gave me a box of about 70 of them. The best thing was, that they were free!! The employees even wanted to play with the Lynx and thought it was pretty cool. I miss customer service like this.

I'll give you £5 for them. Thanks!

Hi, I got a number of these cases from ebay.

post-2099-0-14877400-1427361965_thumb.png

The size is just right. Even my flash cart and EOTB fits in the case. Instead of putting the covers on the inside of the case I printed it on plastic with glue on the back side. Works like a dream...

--

Karri

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That is a good idea, I wonder if manuals would fit ... maybe sideways...

I have a solution for my carts I like shown here if your curious:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/203163-mr-blands-handhelds/

But I never have found a solution I like for the manuals. Something like that cd case would be a pretty cool solution. Just need to find a variation that would fit them well. I'll have to start looking around.