IGNORED

ABBUC Software Competition 2014 - Final Results

skr

The official final results can be found on the webpage of the ABBUC Software Ressort: http://www.abbuc.de/atari/software-ressort/81-software/softwarewettbewerbe/1727-software-wettbewerb-2014

atarionline.pl actually managed to be faster with posting them after they got them from me. I´m getting old... ;)

For your convenience:

Rank Titel Points Author

1. Dimo´s Quest 663 8BitJunkie

2. RGB 586 MaPa, PG, Ooz

3. Ransack 476 Jose Pereira and Lyren "Xuel" Brown

4. Nemezyro 465 MatoSimi, Poison

5. Joe Painter 408 Holger Bommer

6. Ramprage 398 Jason Kendall

Congratulations to all authors. You ALL are WINNERS!

Edited by skr
  • Like 8

[i am a winner, I am a winner...] Even though I'm disappointed to be last with *Ramp Rage (and it took me 2 years to come last this time), it was still fun and we have ended up with 6 good games to play. There are a lot of points for all the games so it looks like there were more members/votes/games getting higher average scores, so this is good too. Thanks for running the contest guys and keep up the good work everyone :thumbsup: I'll try and squeeze a few of these into the High Score Club (HSC) of course :)

*Due to technical issues I didn't have time to fine tune the game/controls so and it probably was too hard for people to pick up in the short play period before the voting. As it turns out I needed about another 2 months to polish the game! Any feedback appreciated on the Ramp Rage Info thread.

Please don't review Ramp Rage in the abbuc magazine until you have the 'final' version... I'm hoping for something with long-term replay value and I'll aim for winning the Kaz Kompo ;) :P

p.s. It would be nice to see updated/improved/final versions of games from previous years; Deathchase, X:8, and any others - even if authors made a few small changes and never released them :)

• Like 5

[i am a winner, I am a winner...] Even though I'm dissapointed to be last with *Ramp Rage (and it took me 2 years to come last this time), it was still fun and we have ended up with 6 good games to play.

Like I wrote already in the other thread, yes you are a winner in my eyes! I have very much respect for the time you have spend and the fact that you actually completed your game.

And remember: a lot of people did try YOUR program on their atari or emulator. So people have seen your work! Please improve the game further, I would be more than happy to try your game. If you like I can be beta tester too.

• Like 3

Noticed.

I played Ramp Rage with great joy. At first it looks a bit confusing, but after a short time one will come into game and than it is a lot of fun.

Please don't review Ramp Rage in the abbuc magazine until you have the 'final' version...

• Like 3

Here the video with the six entries of the ABBUC Softwarecompetition 2014:

https://vimeo.com/110163324

Find the official results at the ABBUC website:

http://www.abbuc.de/atari/software-ressort/81-software/softwarewettbewerbe/1727-software-wettbewerb-2014

hey, nice video, BUT Nemezyro has STEREO music! in video is in mono and it sounds terrible:( somebodyforgot turn on stereo Edited by Poison
  • Like 1