IGNORED

Mega Speedy, the ultimate 1050 upgrade. Intrest assesment.

guus.assmann

Hello Bumzyman,

Yes, you should have checked more often.

But only because it's fun to be here for your hobby.

There's still MegaSpeedy's available and I've also started a second batch for another 50 pieces.

Even if you want more than one, that's made possible as well. (Starting today)

BR/

Guus

• Like 1

I have thought about it. The sad fact of consumer 3d printing is that it is not a volume activity. Depending on the complexity and size of the item and the capabilities of the printer it can take 30min to hours for 1 single item. Time is money and at this stage the filiament is still somewhat expensive too. I don't know if I could come up with something that would be cheap enough for most people to buy.

I can definitely try to design a bezel that would incorporate the led/switch panel. I'll be back with more info later.

An update: Still a rough job so far, but getting there.

Part1.JPG

• Like 5

Hello Bumzyman,

Yes, you should have checked more often.

But only because it's fun to be here for your hobby.

There's still MegaSpeedy's available and I've also started a second batch for another 50 pieces.

Even if you want more than one, that's made possible as well. (Starting today)

BR/

Guus

Thanks Guus,

Wolfgang got back to me right away.

I ordered two of them today. I can't wait to get them. :)

As for the displays and the encoder, consider making only a "container" for the unit that fits into the front bezel.

That way, you only need to cut out a piece.

And it's even possible to reuse the cutout piece and only make some sides and a bottom for the "display container".

Like this, there's a minimum to print.

BR/

Guus

As for the displays and the encoder, consider making only a "container" for the unit that fits into the front bezel.

That way, you only need to cut out a piece.

And it's even possible to reuse the cutout piece and only make some sides and a bottom for the "display container".

Like this, there's a minimum to print.

BR/

Guus

Hey,

I want to make the whole dang thing so I can complain about how much trouble and time and money it cost me to make and print it. ;) :grin:

No really, I have the idea to allow other mods controls to be added. Once a complete image of the bezel is done, it will be easy to 'cut out' just what is needed for this and other mods in the future. I don't really plan on doing production printing. But I can release the necessary .stl file on my website for anyone who does want to print for themselves.

Fortunately the bezel is just small enough to fit within my build size on my printer. I wish I could do whole top and bottom cases for all the Atari eq, but most of it is just too big. I could design it, but I have no way to print even prototypes.

Besides what else would I do with my time? Come home from work, eat, sleep, eat some more, go to work....... repeat. Gets boring. ;-)

• Like 1

Not at all happy. Installed it and not working. I think I have flaky connection between board and CPU socket (U9).

I did get it to boot once or twice and enter the Copy Program (51). But letting the drive sit, it started "flaking out". Display changing, beeping, etc.

Now, this is all I get. I am thinking that the connection to U9 is crappy. Any ideas how to trouble shoot this?

http://youtu.be/7UyNQGSP3m4

Hi all,

This is my official response that I'm no longer interested in this project.

I want to keep my 1050's original/unmodified. If my pre-order is still reserved, they can be sold to someone else.

Keep doing the good work guys, it's awesome what you people do!

Greetz

M.

Hi all,

This is my official response that I'm no longer interested in this project.

I want to keep my 1050's original/unmodified. If my pre-order is still reserved, they can be sold to someone else.

Keep doing the good work guys, it's awesome what you people do!

Greetz

M.

If you are serious, I'll take your slot :)

• Like 1

If you are serious, I'll take your slot :)

Yes completely serious. I love the project, but I realized I really don't need. When it comes to hi-speed SIO, I use my Sio2SD. When it comes to bigger storage (Double Density) I use my MyIDE 2. The reason I use my 1050's is for booting games from original disk, that do not require an upgraded disk drive.

So please take my slot ;)

Greetz

M.

Hello ProWizard,

Thanks for letting us know.

And of course it's a very valid idea to keep the 1050 original. :)

To be honest, there's no real practical use for floppy's anymore.

But having a drive that can emulate a lot of enhancers can be fun.

Also, it's possible now to program your own stuff in a 1050 drive. And that can be rewarding as well.

So to all their own intrest.

For all of you who are interested, there's ony 22 packages left right now.

It went fast beyond my expectations.

The second batch has been started in China and I've ordered all parts.

If they arrive and all work, I've got the CPU's and Ram's at the same price.

This makes it very likely that the second batch can have the same final price. :thumbsup:

BR/

Guus

• Like 1