MaPa

RGB - game with sources

Hi, here is latest production from MPG PRODUCTIONS. A game called RGB with source code and files included (attached rgb.zip). You should read attached manual if you don't figure it out.

post-3960-0-62207300-1414402435_thumb.png post-3960-0-44406500-1414402436_thumb.png post-3960-0-28346900-1414402437_thumb.png post-3960-0-06653500-1414402438_thumb.png

rgb.xex

RGB manual.pdf

RGB.ZIP

Edited by MaPa
  • Like 25

WHAT A GREAT GAME! Maybe the most beautiful of them all. Graphics are up to the highest Nintendo NES-standards IMHO. Around seven colors per sprite!? I still don't get how you did that. Music and gameplay is also great. What I'm missing is an attract mode (just for watching the beauty of this game when I'm lying in bed) and maybe an integrated screen with the instructions.

Marek, don't you think that with RGB awesome engine Impossible Mission could be programmed?

• Like 4

Hi, here is latest production from MPG PRODUCTIONS. A game called RGB with source code and files included (attached rgb.zip). You should read attached manual if you don't figure it out.

attachicon.gifrgb.png attachicon.gifrgb2.png attachicon.gifrgb3.png attachicon.gifrgb4.png

Thanks for such a nice package with source included!

Great game, wish you many more!

Around seven colors per sprite!? I still don't get how you did that.

Yeah.. I don't know it neither because the sprites has 3 colours plus background :)

Marek, don't you think that with RGB awesome engine Impossible Mission could be programmed?

I had to look at youtube to see Impossible Mission. It does not look too complicated but I don't know if it fits to RGB engine. I think that better is to program "engine" for Impossible Mission. Btw. RGB engine is rather simple. It's just 5-color char mode with changing 2 colors per charline (black, gray and white is base for whole level screen). And it's just colored with PMGs for robot "heads", calibration "eye" and bonuses.

• Like 1

Quick question. I loaded the source into WUDSN and it doesn't know a compiler for the .XSM extension. What assembler is that extension for?

**edit** NVM, it was XASM. Found it with google.

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame

Yeah.. I use my own extension for XASM source files... the default was .asx I think.