IGNORED

The Forest

ydcl

Anyone play The Forest?

It is still in alpha but new content is being added all the time. Been playing it for a little bit and it's very fun with a lot of potential. Death is permanent!

You must survive alone in an island after your plane crashes with all the passengers... Cannibals inhabit the island and will be curious on why you're cutting down trees!

Fun stuff!

post-27292-0-59481400-1414524199_thumb.jpg

post-27292-0-29414400-1414524208_thumb.jpg

post-27292-0-02103300-1414524219_thumb.jpg

Anyone play The Forest?

It is still in alpha but new content is being added all the time. Been playing it for a little bit and it's very fun with a lot of potential. Death is permanent!

You must survive alone in an island after your plane crashes with all the passengers... Cannibals inhabit the island and will be curious on why you're cutting down trees!

Fun stuff!

Do you need a fast powerful expensive ass computer to run this?.If not i'd download this in a heartbeat.

Do you need a fast powerful expensive ass computer to run this?.If not i'd download this in a heartbeat.

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT
    • DirectX: Version 9.0
    • Hard Drive: 5 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible
    • Additional Notes: 32bit windows users need to ensure they have at least 4gb of ram usable on their system.

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Quad Core Processor
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
    • DirectX: Version 9.0
    • Hard Drive: 5 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible

Looks and sounds interesting for sure.

Is it like a realistic Minecraft? I notice you seem to "mine" tree's, and build huts, I'm guessing to take shelter from the cannibals.

Kind of reminds me of Minecraft.

It does have a little Minecraft, you chop trees, branches, pick up rocks from the ground.

You build traps for animals and death traps for cannibals. Take shelter at night or explore if your brave.

The cannibals come in single numbers exploring, according to the creator of the game, the cannibals don't know where the player is, so they randomly explore, but the more you build the more they come exploring and the higher levels of cannibals come attack.

I got knocked down at one point and woke up inside a cave, then while trying to find a way out I got killed.

I have it myself. Typically I'm pretty wary of Early Access games on Steam because of the fact that any one of them could just go bust and leave you with an unfinished game you paid about 30 dollars for, but since this was only 15 bucks I took the chance. I do like the game, but it's pretty hard. 90% of the time when I've finally found a good campsite, it turns out to be right next to some cannibal camp i didn't notice, and I always get curbstomped by some guy who got the drop on me.

I haven't played it much lately, but I might have to since the latest update seems like it's added some good stuff. I'm really wondering what they'll do with some of those unused tabs in the survival guide though.

I have it myself. Typically I'm pretty wary of Early Access games on Steam because of the fact that any one of them could just go bust and leave you with an unfinished game you paid about 30 dollars for, but since this was only 15 bucks I took the chance. I do like the game, but it's pretty hard. 90% of the time when I've finally found a good campsite, it turns out to be right next to some cannibal camp i didn't notice, and I always get curbstomped by some guy who got the drop on me.

I haven't played it much lately, but I might have to since the latest update seems like it's added some good stuff. I'm really wondering what they'll do with some of those unused tabs in the survival guide though.

If you want to build 1st do this:

start the game and when you get to the title, before pressing start game type on keyboard: VEGANMODE, if the screen changes into a purple flower the no cannibals will appear. You can use that to learn the game better, build and then let the cannibals appear.

But it's more fun playing the game the way it was meant though.