IGNORED

Stuart's TI-99/4A - Internet Web Browser

Omega-TI

So what is it you're supplying? If its a FinalGROM99 board then no problem. If its a bank-switched cartridge then the EPROM images for those are the old version that support the Lantronix only and which don't contain the latest updates.

Sorry if that's not clear from my website. I'm tempted to just remove all the band-switched cartridge / Lantronix versions and just support the TIPI version from now on.

So what is it you're supplying? If its a FinalGROM99 board then no problem. If its a bank-switched cartridge then the EPROM images for those are the old version that support the Lantronix only and which don't contain the latest updates.

Sorry if that's not clear from my website. I'm tempted to just remove all the band-switched cartridge / Lantronix versions and just support the TIPI version from now on.

the bin for the finalgrom should work fine on a red cart board.. or ubergrom.. I assume am I assuming wrong? it's not just a 32k rom file?

the bin for the finalgrom should work fine on a red cart board.. or ubergrom.. I assume am I assuming wrong? it's not just a 32k rom file?

Maybe it is. I give an E/A5 image to Tim W who uses some utility to produce the FinalGROM bin. Looking closely at the bin file now, I can see it has a cartridge header and what may be bank-switched 'unpacking' code - added by that utility. So maybe it will work on a red cart board ... are you able to try it to be sure?

• Like 1

Maybe it is. I give an E/A5 image to Tim W who uses some utility to produce the FinalGROM bin. Looking closely at the bin file now, I can see it has a cartridge header and what may be bank-switched 'unpacking' code - added by that utility. So maybe it will work on a red cart board ... are you able to try it to be sure?

That's definitely a non inverted cart binary. I'll burn one this weekend

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You know it's interesting, in the past, I've loaded most things, like Stuarts earlier versions of his browser from DSK, but the browser loads lightning fast from the FG99 and since Jedimatt42 came out with his new Force Command, I've been loading it out of the DOS environment from the FG99 and never thought about going back to a DSK version. I guess we all have different needs and wants.

post-35324-0-83362400-1560294220_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I only know how to load files from disk and from my flashrom, and of course, files from TIPI. It's hard to imagine dealing with manually-curated SD cards and a cart can be easier than uploading stuff to TIPI via its web interface.

I've tried to grok all of the contemporary TI storage possibilities, but it's just not intuitive to me why there are so many seemingly competing ways to store and load programs on the TI, and why sometimes, one must use a certain method. Has anyone ever created a diagram explaining this stuff and the areas of overlap?

Maybe one day we can just do it all with one solution, hopefully TIPI-based :)

What I had created, with some help from ArcadeShopper, was a BASIC launcher program that would auto-load at boot time, and then I could "Press C for CHATTI", etc. It was super convenient. It does require the programs to be in E/A5 format in order to work, and for Stuart's Browser, I've just been having to instead use the E/A cart to run it from TIPI. Not a big deal, but kind of a pain to keep typing the whole path in each time. My new game is browser-based and generates 99ml, and during development, I occasionally crash the browser and have to restart. Lowering this cycle time would be fantastic.

I've not tried the TIPI force command and know nothing of what it provides. I need to update my TIPIs, but I get so little hobby-time, It doesn't really allow for keeping up with all the latest happenings AND get anything done on my projects. I do have a still-unassembled FG99 but not sure how that's more convenient that just loading from TIPI or flashrom So much to learn still.

I like Force Command because it allows me to load things all from one single environment. A program can be on Disk/HxC, TIPI or FG99 and I can load it quickly and easily from the DOS prompt, or one can make a menu to do the same. For instance to Load Stuart's Intent Browser I just type in "FG99 BROWSER" and boom, the cart is there!

I made a EA5 file from Stuarts's browser to use it in my Mega Menu XB program.

AWESOME! Now when I hit my reset button I'm auto-magically dropped back into Force Command. It only takes about 1 second longer to load, I'm good with that, considering everything is more fluid. THANKS!

I've been out of the loop a bit and am interested in all you newly found excitement. But a bit lost.

So ou use force command to load cart images off FG99 and you use the EA5 file to what? I would be interest in a topic thread about how you are now using your FG99, possibly with step by step setup and pictures?

I'm interest in all the Pros and Cons of this newly found setup you are using. If your FG99 boots to force command, how do you recall all the carts you have on the fg99 and know what to load when you want it? All that jaxx and what nots. I haven't even figured out stuart's web browser or the group chat thing yet.

Update: I renamed it to INTERNET and INTERNEU and stuck it in my TIPI's root directory.

I was loading the browser off of the FG99, but actually prefer the EA/5 way off the TIPI because as soon as I'm done and do a reset I'm immediately back at the FC/DOS prompt, so I can load something else, like the Telcom program to go to the BBS. I'll make a super short quick and dirty video tonight showing you why I like it so much. No more time consuming multiple clicks past title screens, just what I want to do.

So you use force command to load cart images off FG99 and you use the EA5 file to what? I would be interest in a topic thread about how you are now using your FG99, possibly with step by step setup and pictures?

I'm interest in all the Pros and Cons of this newly found setup you are using. If your FG99 boots to force command, how do you recall all the carts you have on the fg99 and know what to load when you want it? All that jaxx and what nots. I haven't even figured out stuart's web browser or the group chat thing yet.

On the initial power up, the FinalGROM menu is there, as well as ALL your other selections, but once Force Command is loaded, it takes over the cartridge. So in essence you have the best of both worlds.

From the DOS prompt in Force Command you load EA/5 programs with the "LOAD" command. If you wanted to load a program off the FinalGROM you would use the "FG99" command. However when loading off the FinalGROM you have to use the cartridge name. In the example video I loaded 4A/DOS with it's actual name "4ADOSG". (I'm still looking for the older EA/5 version of 4A/DOS for some transition activities).

For most of the stuff I do, I like to hang in the DOS environment as I can load and exit programs 'seemlessly' and always end up at the DOS prompt. But, if I wanted to run a menu, Force Command has a provision for that... OR you could even load up BOOT or the 9640 Menu System via the DOS and once you exit, BAM, back to DOS!

Eventually everything I do will be within the Force Command environment.

Another really cool thing about Force Command, if you are using an F18A, it allows for full 80 column COLOR ANSI graphics! You can even edit the file on your PC with a program called PabloDraw and save the updated file directly to the TIPI's RPi SD card if you have it setup as a network drive.

You can even simultaneously have multiple DSK1, 2, or 3 and differentiate them with the cards address. For example if I wanted to directory the DSK1 on my Lotharek HxC I would type: DIR 1100.DSK1. If I wanted to do a directory of my TIPI's assigned DSK1, I would type: DIR 1000.DSK1. Of course you can now copy between the TIPI and the TI-FDC using Force Command... something not possible with other programs.

For the most part I prefer using the actual path instead using the DSKn. method, and if you decide to use and make menus in the future, you can add them all then.

I'm still scratching the surface with this new DOS, but Jedimatt42 is always improving it. So if you have an F18A, and a TIPI, you will really, really, want this DOS!

I don't know when I'll get a chance to do a fancy video, but there are other guys on here using Force Command too, so they will be able to help answer questions too. There is already a Force Command thread, I'll bump it up top later this evening so you can find it and post any questions you have there.

Hope this helps a little...

https://youtu.be/8SlOmLf__RI

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Version 9.4 of my Internet Browser (for the TIPI only) is now released. Download links for EA3 and FinalGrom99 versions are here: [http://www.stuartconner.me.uk/ti/ti.htm#tipi_version]. If someone wants to do an EA5 version and post it here, that would be fine.

The only updates in this version are a new <tag> and a couple of tweaks to help with Corey's CHAT site. When you go to the CHAT site using the new version, the bottom of the page (with the latest couple of message and the 'new post' fields) should be initially displayed. If you just leave it, the page should refresh every 30 seconds or so and alert you when a new message comes through. If you scroll up to view earlier messages, the auto-refresh should be disabled. If you then scroll back down to the bottom of the page, the auto-refresh should start again.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 10

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2020 at 5:41 AM, Stuart said:

Version 9.4 of my Internet Browser (for the TIPI only) is now released. Download links for EA3 and FinalGrom99 versions are here: [http://www.stuartconner.me.uk/ti/ti.htm#tipi_version]. If someone wants to do an EA5 version and post it here, that would be fine.

The only updates in this version are a new <tag> and a couple of tweaks to help with Corey's CHAT site. When you go to the CHAT site using the new version, the bottom of the page (with the latest couple of message and the 'new post' fields) should be initially displayed. If you just leave it, the page should refresh every 30 seconds or so and alert you when a new message comes through. If you scroll up to view earlier messages, the auto-refresh should be disabled. If you then scroll back down to the bottom of the page, the auto-refresh should start again.

I've just loaded it up and tried it.  The scrolling functionality certainly is nice!  Thanks, Stuart and Corey.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Omega-TI said:

Stewart could I ask a favor for the next version of your fantastic browser?  It would be great if it had a quit button, either via keyboard or via a software button on the screen.  Thanks.

I'll make a note for the next release, whenever that may be.  Quit as in reset.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Yesterday I've got my first NanoPEB v1.1 (yay!) and set it up together with my the UDS10. Terminal Emulation II is working. So cable, UDS10 and TI seams to be operational. I could successfully log in into my linux-box.

Now I wanted to try Stuarts Internet Browser, but am totally lost. All ROM-links at his page are down.

The only version I've found for download, was one in this thread (v9.1), but it's not working. I guess I need the appropriate settings for my UDS10.

The only settings I can find are for >=v9.2, but these are settings for TIPI, as far as I understand, and are not working for me.

Can anybody tell me the UDS10-settings for v9.1? Or does any newer version of Stuart's browser exist for the NanoPEB? If so, could anybody point into the right direction?

Or did I miss something much bigger, and Stuart 's internet browser isn't developed any longer?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Edited by acme
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, acme said:

Yesterday I've got my first NanoPEB v1.1 (yay!) and set it up together with my the UDS10. Terminal Emulation II is working. So cable, UDS10 and TI seams to be operational. I could successfully log in into my linux-box.

Now I wanted to try Stuarts Internet Browser, but am totally lost. All ROM-links at his page are down.

The only version I've found for download, was one in this thread (v9.1), but it's not working. I guess I need the appropriate settings for my UDS10.

The only settings I can find are for >=v9.2, but these are settings for TIPI, as far as I understand, and are not working for me.

Can anybody tell me the UDS10-settings for v9.1? Or does any newer version of Stuart's browser exist for the NanoPEB? If so, could anybody point into the right direction?

Or did I miss something much bigger, and Stuart 's internet browser isn't developed any longer?

Any help is highly appreciated.

I'll put the v9.2 files back up this evening - seems they got deleted from the server somehow. But I need to tweak a hard-coded IP address in them first. I'll confirm when they're good-to-go.

Stuart

• Like 2