IGNORED

Stuart's TI-99/4A - Internet Web Browser

Omega-TI

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

I'll put the v9.2 files back up this evening - seems they got deleted from the server somehow. But I need to tweak a hard-coded IP address in them first. I'll confirm when they're good-to-go.

Stuart

Awesome - thank you so much :) !

It's working... sort of ...

ti99-stuarts-internet-browser.thumb.png.9915a56ff30684aced50dbc9d3156db7.png

...while it's working with IP-addresses, it does not resolve hostnames. Guess it's only working for v9.3 (TIPI) and above now.

But I don't really mind, since IP functionality is all I need. IIRC IP functionality is relatively new - and I like it :) ! THANK YOU!

My settings, just for posterity reasons:

• Cartridge used: FinalGROM99
  • Sidecar used: NanoPEB v1.1 (RS232; non-UART!)
  • UDS10 version: 10-02; REV F13; BIOS V5.8.0.5 (060724) LTX
  • Browser-Version: Internet Browser 32K Non‑Inverted v9_2.zip
  • UDS10 settings:
    • Hardware: Ethernet Autodetect
    • IP addr 192.168.1.77, gateway 192.168.1.1,netmask 255.255.255.0
    • SNMP is              enabled
    • SNMP Community Name:
    • Telnet Setup is      enabled
    • TFTP Download is     enabled
    • Port 77FEh is        enabled
    • Web Server is        enabled
    • ECHO is              disabled
    • Enhanced Password is disabled
    • *** Channel 1
    • Baudrate 38400, I/F Mode 4C, Flow 00
    • Port 00000
    • Connect Mode : D4
    • Auto increment source port enabled
    • Remote IP Adr: --- none ---, Port 00000
    • Disconn Mode : 00
    • Flush   Mode : 00
  • RS232 cable as described by Stuart here:

NanoPEB                 Lantronix

9-way D-type Male       25-way D-type Female
Pin                              Pin
 2 (RX)  ------<<------ (RX out)  3
 3 (TX)  ------>>------ (TX in)   2
 5 (GND) -------------- (GND)     7
 7 (RTS) -->>--+
 8 (CTS) --<<--+ (pins 7 and 8 connected together

Regards - Andreas

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, acme said:

Supplemental to my previous post:

• I had an older BIOS version on my UDS10 (something 5.0.x) and "Autoincrement" wasn't available there. I had to perform a BIOS update.
  • Just clicked on a link in my test site. Instead of not being able to resolve the hostname, it gave me "Downloading webpage failed ..." So, resolving is sort of working, but not in the address-bar. And my guess is, the downloading failed because of my older v9.2 version - so normal behavior there - i think.

1 hour ago, acme said:

Supplemental to my previous post:

• I had an older BIOS version on my UDS10 (something 5.0.x) and "Autoincrement" wasn't available there. I had to perform a BIOS update.
  • Just clicked on a link in my test site. Instead of not being able to resolve the hostname, it gave me "Downloading webpage failed ..." So, resolving is sort of working, but not in the address-bar. And my guess is, the downloading failed because of my older v9.2 version - so normal behavior there - i think.

If you download the cartridge image now on my website and reprogram the cartridge, you should find it now resolves host names (let me know if not!). It calls a script on my website to do this using a hard-coded IP address, and that IP address changed a while ago ...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If you download the cartridge image now on my website and reprogram the cartridge, you should find it now resolves host names (let me know if not!). It calls a script on my website to do this using a hard-coded IP address, and that IP address changed a while ago ...

Great! All is working now. Thank you very much!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I thought someone here had suggested that there should be a maintained list of pages for Stuart's web browser, and updated as new pages were found.

I can't seem to find that list.

I did find some links mentioned here, but i thought there were a few more recent pages found/created since then that also work on the browser.

Since i'm here in this subject, i'd also like to run this idea past the users here:

Would anyone be interested in interactive fiction, delivered by a <99ml> webpage, episodically? (Think like the old Fighting Fantasy books from years ago.)

Various links could be interacted with to lead you down a selected path.

The idea being that the game/story would be delivered chapter by chapter, as it is ready.

As demonstrated by various <99ml> webpages like "the valley" page, we could even spruce up the story with custom graphics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrhodes said:

I thought someone here had suggested that there should be a maintained list of pages for Stuart's web browser, and updated as new pages were found.

I can't seem to find that list.

I did find some links mentioned here, but i thought there were a few more recent pages found/created since then that also work on the browser.

Since i'm here in this subject, i'd also like to run this idea past the users here:

Would anyone be interested in interactive fiction, delivered by a <99ml> webpage, episodically? (Think like the old Fighting Fantasy books from years ago.)

Various links could be interacted with to lead you down a selected path.

The idea being that the game/story would be delivered chapter by chapter, as it is ready.

As demonstrated by various <99ml> webpages like "the valley" page, we could even spruce up the story with custom graphics.

I'd love to see this happen! Stuart defined a good foundation with his 99ml standard. I was working on an Python-based backed framework for assisting in creating 99ml pages and handling interactive stuff, based on what I learned creating my chess game and the web version of CHATTI. Maybe this winter I can pick this back up, now that there are so many TIPIs out in the world now :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

Excuses
It's like HTML

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Indeed! If you have basic HTML knowledge, you can easily use Stuart's documentation and start creating pages straight away. The only caveat I have is that the browser isn't going to be tolerant of mistakes like a modern browser is. Expect strange behavior and occasional crashes. A 99ml code validator is on my roadmap for the aforementioned framework I intend to complete.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ElectricLab said:

Indeed! If you have basic HTML knowledge, you can easily use Stuart's documentation and start creating pages straight away. The only caveat I have is that the browser isn't going to be tolerant of mistakes like a modern browser is. Expect strange behavior and occasional crashes. A 99ml code validator is on my roadmap for the aforementioned framework I intend to complete.

Yup. I've played with it a bit. Just need time to do what I'd like. I'm just glad it's there when I get ready.