IGNORED

The best dissassembler for Atari

Hi Marco,

I haven't received any positive or negative feedback so far. I think there still is a mismatch in the type encoding of the workspaces (ex. 1 = BYTE, 2, = WORD, ...), but I didn't have time to look yet.

Regards, Peter.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think there still is a mismatch in the type encoding of the workspaces (ex. 1 = BYTE, 2, = WORD, ...), but I didn't have time to look yet.

Implemented a unit test today and can say everything was fine in the version that I had posted.

VOID DumpTest::TestDumpType() {

assert(version_22::DUMP_TYPE_UNKNOWN == DUMP_TYPE_UNKNOWN);

assert(version_22::DUMP_TYPE_LOBYTE == DUMP_TYPE_LOBYTE);

assert(version_22::DUMP_TYPE_HIBYTE == DUMP_TYPE_HIBYTE);

assert(version_22::DUMP_TYPE_BYTE == DUMP_TYPE_BYTE);

assert(version_22::DUMP_TYPE_WORD == DUMP_TYPE_WORD);

assert(version_22::DUMP_TYPE_LABEL == DUMP_TYPE_LABEL);

assert(version_22::DUMP_TYPE_STRING == DUMP_TYPE_STRING);

assert(version_22::DUMP_TYPE_SBYTE == DUMP_TYPE_SBYTE);

assert(version_22::DUMP_TYPE_DLIST == DUMP_TYPE_DLIST);

assert(version_22::DUMP_TYPE_STORE == DUMP_TYPE_STORE);

assert(version_22::DUMP_TYPE_CODE == DUMP_TYPE_CODE);

}

hi JAC!,

well, did not get too far. opened a file and selected a number of bytes that were supposed to be a string, right click and select cchange type of bytes selected to>string, then it goes to disassemble again - gets to pass 4 then crashes bringing up a "6502 Disassembler has stopped working" system dialog. working on windows 10 here.

Ken

PS: oh yea, 64bit

Edited by kenames99

hi JAC!,

well, did not get too far. opened a file and selected a number of bytes that were supposed to be a string, right click and select cchange type of bytes selected to>string, then it goes to disassemble again - gets to pass 4 then crashes bringing up a "6502 Disassembler has stopped working" system dialog. working on windows 10 here.

Ken

PS: oh yea, 64bit

Thanks Ken. Fixed with https://sourceforge.net/p/dis6502/git/ci/2c029b9c0eb2090a4e7fd733e909a945cd9e3b9e/

Download archive updated.

hi JAC!,

this one wont run, it seems to be a debug build without the needed debug dlls. first one it looks for is ucrtbased.dll

Ken

I definitivly need to automate the build process to prevent such errors. Release build uploaded. This one already contains some additional refatorcing to get rid of the macros which contained the bug and are impossible to debug.

Hello Peter,

I download it with this link http://www.wudsn.com/productions/windows/dis6502/dis6502.zipi saw it was updated get all so the error i have downloaded ucrtbased.dll and put in the map x86 and x64 but i get other error.

I hope that you can fix it i love the program.

Gr. Marco

I had a productive time during my summer vacation and some at the Fujiama meeting two weeks ago.

The new version is very beta but I need to get the build chain and packaging with the 32 / 64 -bit DLLs working and tested.

This is important, because I am using a 64 bit machine for development, but the result should also run on Windows XP in 32 bit.

http://www.wudsn.com/productions/windows/dis6502/dis6502.zip

This beta is only for testing and should not be used productively.

Only use it on copies of your existing workspaces, otherwise they may become corrupted!
attachicon.gifBeta.png

The archive contains a x86 (32 bit) and x64 (64 bit) version.

The dis6502.exe and related own DDLs are all 32 bit, only the runtime DLLs are different.

The known issues are in the "dis6502.txt" file, please check there if your issue is already listed, before reporting it.

I'm looking forward to your feedback.

>ucrtbased.dll

The d indicates the debug Build, but I definitively did the release build...aaargh.

>still get that same error trying to run it. sorry, not trying to be difficult but that is just the way things seem to go for me

No worries. I'm really happy for any kind of test. The difficulty with Windows programs is the DLL hell.

In fact it is impossible to test a program on the machine where Visual Studio itself is installed.

Unfortunately I do not have any additional clean machine. But I feel I do need one....

On my machine it works. So maybe you can provide the exact file and steps/offset where it fails.

post-17404-0-88781900-1515108007_thumb.png

EDIT: Installed a dependency analyzer. It only shows the non-debug dependency.

post-17404-0-23032400-1515109324_thumb.png

hi JAC!,

I just try to open by doule click on DIS6502.exe in a file explorer window and it gives the system error dialog shown. the smaller clip is the actual list inside the exe that is looking for the debug dll, the "d" is wrapped to next line but definitely there. send me the exe you are running!

hold on! checking it again.

post-17384-0-41510700-1515109603.png

post-17384-0-97421700-1515109612_thumb.png

Edited by kenames99

not a deal breaker, but the mouse scrolling in dump window on the left

Fix uploaded. The dump window contains a special control which handles mouse events directly instead of handling them on child window level.

Hi!

>ucrtbased.dll

The d indicates the debug Build, but I definitively did the release build...aaargh.

>still get that same error trying to run it. sorry, not trying to be difficult but that is just the way things seem to go for me

No worries. I'm really happy for any kind of test. The difficulty with Windows programs is the DLL hell.

In fact it is impossible to test a program on the machine where Visual Studio itself is installed.

Unfortunately I do not have any additional clean machine. But I feel I do need one....

You can use a testing VM (virtual machine), so you can easily test in a "clean" windows installation. The Windows VMs (from 7 to 10) are free to download from MS: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

As I use Linux here, I have one of these images to test my cross-compiled binaries.

• Like 1

hey JAC!,

ok, found a deal breaker! the filename.asm and filename.inc both contain the same thing only differing amounts. a hex dump of filename.inc is 695 bytes of F8F7190D0A repeatedly. filename.asm contains 31,294 bytes of the same hex values as the .inc file but starts with a $38 then the F8F7190D0A over and over up to the file length. also, if I load a saved workspace I get nothing until I load the binary file again , tho I am not sure how a workspace is actually supposed to work. hope you understand this. feel free to email me direct at kenames@gmx.com if you need more or faster info. thanks.

Ken

bytes of F8F7190D0A repeatedly. filename.asm contains 31,294 bytes of the same hex values as the .inc file but starts with a $38 then the F8F7190D0A

So now I can explain the difference between "fprintf" and "vfprintf" :-). Fixed. Also rearranged the Profile settings dialog. Added disabling of dependend fields in the dialog to make the dependencies clear. Example: if you do not select "Hex Notation", the input field for the Hex Prefix is now disbaled. Also fixed some bugs when loading/saving the fields new in 3.0 in the profile. Number of lines in the include files can now be set to "0" which means "Unlimited".

• Like 2

hi JAC!.

looks like it is saving proper now. on to loading and saving workspaces now. cuz if I load a saved workspace I get nothing until I load the binary file again. then I have 2 segments and 3 different disassembly listings in the right window pane. also when saving the disassembly listing I get those 3 listings also, but I think that will be okay once the workspace loading gets fixed. thanks.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Segments and workspace refresh after loading fixed. Data structure for SegmentList completely changed. Requires less memory and now files with more than 2 segments finally benefit from all your GHz :-) Selection handling is still off though, but now I have a chance to find it at least.

• Like 7