IGNORED

I was trying to get this done for Halloween, but...

PacManPlus

Ok, small update.

I'm going to rewrite the player and screen routines so the player can access all parts of the playfield and not be stuck in the middle. (cue Stealers Wheel song)... :ponder:

Going to rip the routines from FailSafe, as they came out very good there.

In the meantime, I've added a few things:

- New zombies respawn after killing them

- Day only lasts a certain amount of time, after which the zombies stop generating and the game fades out when you kill the last one

- You only have a certain amount of ammo (right now it's a really large number because I haven't implemented the random gun placement yet).

- Death animations

Rezolve.A78

Rezolve.bin

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 10

• 3 weeks later...
Unfortunate for the vast majority, the minority had finally provided the proverbial straw(s) that broke the camel's back.

Bob has never been one to publicly humiliate or embarrass anyone, despite the negativity or/and harassment he received from some. It may be hard to believe there would be such negative attitudes or actions towards Bob, but it shouldn't be too surprising that there are some individuals out there that lack appreciation and gratitude, look to tear others and/or their work, if things are not handled the way they see fit or according to their timetable.

As much of a huge loss it is to AtariAge not to have any possible future outstanding work and efforts present of Bob's, the greater loss is his presence in the community. The abundance of heart, helpfulness, and generosity Bob continuously brings to the table is tremendous. Regardless of when or if Bob returns to AtariAge, it is probably best to respect his privacy and decision at this time.

• Like 18

Regardless of when or if Bob returns to AtariAge, it is probably best to respect his privacy and decision at this time.

Quoted to underscore. Everybody should give him a proper break from all inquiries, even well intentioned ones. If we're lucky he'll eventually return when he's less stressed, but even if he doesn't, he clearly wants to be left alone for a while. We owe him that much.

• Like 5

Bob is taking a break from AA, due to some dickheads around here. :|

Why would anyone be an asshole to Bob?

Whoever is being a dickhead should be perma-banned from this site...

Bob has been generous and kind to everyone here.

I hope he comes back soon because AtariAge is lost without Bob.

He is a great man.

Godbless Bob

• Like 7

This is shocking news! Bob has to be one of the nicest guy's on the planet! It sucks that a few ass's had to ruin it for him and all his supporters.

I want to know who attacked him.

Whoever these jackoffs are, I want to hunt them down and hang them at the gallows in the middle of Time Square.

Of course after I torture and horsewhip the pricks to within an inch of there life.

Also i will bring my tazer gun so i can electrocute the punks with 7800 volts of electricity.

Bob is taking a break from AA, due to some dickheads around here. :|

I do not understand....:Bob is the BEST,we have.

We had the same shit some time ago :(

Why can't this idiots stop talking blabla here in the forum?Before criticizing,they should show what they can......Bob, i hope you come back soon.Just ignore the IDIOTS

greetings Walter

• Like 4

I'm speaking without intimate knowledge of the circumstances here, but I don't think anyone leaves their hobby over a single jerk. One straw may have initiated the breaking of the camel's back, but it was the weight of them all that crushed him. An unkind word here, a slight there, unnecessary brusqueness, a lack of manners in dealings. After a while you realize you started this hobby for fun, and it's become more like a job.

Then there's the extra work that you don't really choose to do yourself. Reading between the lines on various posts in the forums, I'm pretty sure dozens of people have asked for special personal favors from Bob over the years. After a while you get tired of being a workhorse. Bob seems like a very kind-hearted person, and people don't sometimes think that their little extra request is one of many.

It's my hope that Bob will return and completely blow away Atari's 7800 games, both in quality and number. But I only want that to happen if he does so without the all the straws weighing him down. Life is too short.

• Like 3

This is really unfortunate news. Bob has contributed so much to the 7800 game library and is such a nice guy, it is really sad to see him driven away by people that are trolls. I had the chance to meet him in person at FreePlay Florida and I'm glad I did. We had a chance to talk for a while, which was really great. I hope Bob does return at some point. Until then, godspeed!

Bob has never been one to publicly humiliate or embarrass anyone, despite the negativity or/and harassment he received from some. It may be hard to believe there would be such negative attitudes or actions towards Bob, but it shouldn't be too surprising that there are some individuals out there that lack appreciation and gratitude, look to tear others and/or their work, if things are not handled the way they see fit or according to their timetable.

I cannot begin to express how much that bums me out. It's a hobby and all of us benefited so tremendously from Bob taking an interest in this particular hobby when he could have used his vast talents for so many other things. What a huge loss.
I hope he really does realize how much the vast majority appreciated all his hard work.
  • Like 3