IGNORED

Which RPG-ish Atari 2600 game would you like most on the ColecoVision?

Pixelboy

Which Atari 2600 RPG-ish game would you like to see the most on the CV?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which Atari 2600 RPG-ish game would you like to see on the ColecoVision?

• Crypts of Chaos
    • Dark Chambers
    • Dragonstomper
    • Raiders of the Lost Ark
    • Riddle of the Sphinx
    • Sword of Saros
    • SwordQuest

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Well it's going to get busier because I just ordered an AV modded Coleco from Yurkie today!!

Honestly though I'd go for an Adventure and Adventure II combination cart :)

You are aware that Adventure has already been made for ColecoVision, right? That's why I didn't include it in the poll. Same goes for Escape From The Mindmaster.

• Like 1

I want Sea Quest! Its the best ever RPGish :P Game on the Atari 2600! It has a health bar/Oxygen level (all good RPGish games needs a health bar or Oxygen level) that goes down and you need to fill it up! You haft to collect (collecting is big part of RPGish games) divers to progress through the levels, plus when you get to max diver level you get a "ding"! All good RPGish games needs a "ding" when you hit max level! Plus Sea Quest has one of the "deepest" story's in Atari 2600 history!!! No other Atari 2600 RPGish game can say that!

:P Ok I really just want Sea Quest made for the Colecovision!!!!! :P

• Like 1

I want Sea Quest! Its the best ever RPGish :P Game on the Atari 2600! It has a health bar/Oxygen level (all good RPGish games needs a health bar or Oxygen level) that goes down and you need to fill it up! You haft to collect (collecting is big part of RPGish games) divers to progress through the levels, plus when you get to max diver level you get a "ding"! All good RPGish games needs a "ding" when you hit max level! Plus Sea Quest has one of the "deepest" story's in Atari 2600 history!!! No other Atari 2600 RPGish game can say that!

:P Ok I really just want Sea Quest made for the Colecovision!!!!! :P

Well you are going to get Seaquest as soon as my work gives me a break :) Which may be very soon, most of our major projects are winding down for the year. Failing that I have the entire month of January off on leave, so we shall see then :) I have already made a start on it, just have had no energy after work to program Z80, have finished off my sprite editor though.

• Like 1

I voted for Raiders of the lost ark (Which I won several times) but I also played swordquest (Which I have never won) a lot. I would recommend both of them.

Sprite editor eh? Can you put in output to non compressed data as well as compressed so that way we can compress with different methods if need be. Daniel is just about finished with a new compression technique that might be interesting to include.

Well you are going to get Seaquest as soon as my work gives me a break :) Which may be very soon, most of our major projects are winding down for the year. Failing that I have the entire month of January off on leave, so we shall see then :) I have already made a start on it, just have had no energy after work to program Z80, have finished off my sprite editor though.

Edited by digress

I voted for Raiders of the lost ark (Which I won several times) but I also played swordquest (Which I have never won) a lot. I would recommend both of them.

Sprite editor eh? Can you put in output to non compressed data as well as compressed so that way we can compress with different methods if need be. Daniel is just about finished with a new compression technique that might be interesting to include.

Yeah it outputs uncompressed data in a couple of formats at the moment and/or you can cut and paste from the individual output. It would be very easy to add some more outputs. It's not perfect but works quite well, allows you to make two layered sprites and has shift, mirror and rotate functions.

I'll have a specific article on it shortly. It is windows only and .Net based.