IGNORED

Best Way To Convert From Mirrored Playfield To Full Playfield

Hi,

I am creating a maze like puzzle game. Right now i am using mirrored playfield, but i need to convert to a full playfield so that i can create some nice playable levels. Any assistance on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Asylum Abscond

source.asm

Edited by Asylum Abscond

Have you checked out these Atari 2600 assembly language tutorials?

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories.html#assembly_language

Yes thanks for those tutorials but, they are for creating an asymmetrical playfield no a non-asymmetrical one. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Asylum Abscond

Yes thanks for those tutorials but, they are for creating an asymmetrical playfield no a non-asymmetrical one.

Isn't that what you want? Non-asymmetrical = symmetrical = mirrored. Asymmetrical = non-mirrored = full playfield. Asymmetry seems to be what you're going for, judging by the title of this thread.

Edited by Cybearg
  • Like 1

Isn't that what you want? Non-asymmetrical = symmetrical = mirrored. Asymmetrical = non-mirrored = full playfield. Asymmetry seems to be what you're going for, judging by the title of this thread.

Oops sorry, i messed up on the whole Asymmetrical/Non-Asymmetrical meaning, I mean't i want to make a Asymmetrical playfield where i can define every pixel for the playfield. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Asylum Abscond

Oops sorry, i messed up on the whole Asymmetrical/Non-Asymmetrical meaning, I mean't i want to make a Asymmetrical playfield where i can define every pixel for the playfield. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Asylum Abscond

Once again, try here:

The Atari 2600 Programming for Newbies section has pages about asymmetrical playfields.

If you want something easier to understand, try batari Basic:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html

Once again, try here:

The Atari 2600 Programming for Newbies section has pages about asymmetrical playfields.

If you want something easier to understand, try batari Basic:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html

Ok, i gried to follow the tutorial and now i get weird playfield graphics.I have attached my latest source code to this post. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Asylum Abscond

source.asm

• 2 weeks later...

You are seeing weird things, because PFData is only defined for 24 lines. In your first post you have them defined for 0-96. You simply need to copy the play field data from the first source file you posted, and put into the newest source file you posted.

Then to get a full screen you will also need another complete set of PFdata, for the right half the of the Screen. So you will have pf0data,pf1data,pf2data,pf0dataB,pf1dataB,pf2dataB. Then you will need to update the play fields a second time on each line.

Edited by yllawwally