IGNORED

TitanFall

Charlie_

Yeah man, great game. The Season pass is $7 right now, so I did that too...

I'm at level 20 something now. I get my ass handed to me by level 50 guys when I'm a running around with my gun. Turns out though, I do OK with the Mech piloting.

Very fun stuff, I really like the mode that tags a team member on each team for elimination. So each team has to killed the others tagged member before their own gets killed.

• 5 months later...

Are any of you still playing Titanfall? If so, is it still easy to find full matches? Used copies of it can be had for $20 these days and I'd love to try it, but since you can only play online I'm worried that there might not be that many people playing anymore.

I haven't played Titanfall in a month or so, but I can fire it up tonight and give it a run.

I've wanted to play, but life is always getting in the way. Plus, playing through Halo 4 in MCC is my current "go to" game right now. :)

I had a go of it today. What fun! I love the room-shaking thunder of a descending titan. I haven't lucked into a game in which anyone is communicating, though. That would make it more fun.

I also used Titanfall to try out the One's recording feature. That's pretty nifty. Here's a clip of someone wrecking my titan, then me ejecting and getting revenge: https://t.co/JOsdklqyHl

I had a go of it today. What fun! I love the room-shaking thunder of a descending titan. I haven't lucked into a game in which anyone is communicating, though. That would make it more fun.

I also used Titanfall to try out the One's recording feature. That's pretty nifty. Here's a clip of someone wrecking my titan, then me ejecting and getting revenge: https://t.co/JOsdklqyHl

Fantastic video. Now I want to make time to play again....

It's too bad they didn't make a single player campaign for this game. I think it would be more popular if they had.

Oh yeah, the atmosphere in the game is just grand. I'm nervous to see how it goes with a controller vice my trusty mouse and keys but I'll find out Wednesday, I think.

The controller response is actually very good. I usually stink at console FPS games because I'm bad at thumb-aiming, but there must be a subtle aim-assist mechanic in Titanfall because I feel like I'm usually hitting what I'm aiming at, unlike Battlefield 4 where I can be in the same room with a person and somehow miss every shot.

Fantastic video. Now I want to make time to play again....

It's too bad they didn't make a single player campaign for this game. I think it would be more popular if they had.

Thanks!

I'm sure there are quite a few people who avoided this game because it is multiplayer only, but all my favorite moments in FPS games have been in multiplayer mode. The problem will come when they finally shut down the servers.

My best friend picked up the game yesterday and we teamed up online last night. That was a blast.

Edited by WestofHouse

While paying full price for a game that may or may not have any support in a year doesn't usually work out for me, I have no issue with MP only. I just have trouble getting enough time in these days where 50 bones is worth getting trounced by kids online an hour a week or so until servers clear out or get shut down. I loved Quake III. Played lots of the CS series, had hundreds of hours of fun in Wolfenstein: Enemy-Territory. That was all mostly in LAN play, which doesn't work out as well as an adult with kids in an apartment :-/. Looking forward to checking this one out on the XBone. Sounds like it's handled well. I know it reviewed quite well but I just didn't want to bite at full price.

Just got it in the mail and installed. Wasn't a bad experience compared to Halo. I ran through the tutorial briefly as my kids are running around and I'm not big on shooting squishies around them. I was impressed at the controls immediately.

The controls are as good or better than any other console FPS I've played. Everything feels very smooth.

I love the main premise of the game, and fighting on foot and in a mech are both very satisfying, but I'm disappointed in the lack of customization available compared to other FPSs. There are very few weapons and weapon types, and not much class customization either. The game amazing to play in short spurts, but can already tell I won't be putting in as many hours in it as I did in BF4.

I played 2 or 3 rounds on the campaign list and was really impressed. I never feel like I'm aiming with the thumbsticks in Halo or BF4. Just nudging the gun and hoping. I actually felt like I had some say in my bullets.

Just like on PC I'm still thrilled that you can actually survive on foot. Unlike many of the BF games over the years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...