IGNORED

The Ultimate Intellivision Flashback

Byte Knight

Is there a linux/unix 7800 emulator? I am only seeing Windows versions.

I believe MESS, or components of MESS, were used to make a Linux 7800 emu. Plus someone ported ProSystem to Linux years ago, but it hasn't been updated in eons and I'm not sure just how stable/compatible it ended up being. There's definitely a Dingoo version as well, but I don't know what kind of work would be required to get it onto a Pi. Not a lot of help I realize. A lot of the lesser-known consoles have terrible Linux support.

I won't lie, I haven't read all 11 pages here, so apologies if I've missed it - how did you hook up 20+ controllers to the Wii? Do you hardwire into Wiimotes or Gamecube controllers?

i took a classic controller (not pro version cause it doesnt work right) i stripped it down and put it in a project box. It has two 9 pin and one 15 pin dsub connector on it. One of the 9 pin dsubs is wired to use the atari paddles. One of them is atari and master system compatible but wired up the other 2 wires to add select and start for controllers like nes. I wire up controllers like the 2 button turbo grafx, 3 button genesis and nes controllers etc. etc. I have a 15 pin port for controllers like super nes, neo geo (neo geo controllers work without modding) 6 button genesis, 6 button turbo grafx controllers etc. etc. I then wired those controllers with a 15 pin cable.

This is a post i made when i first made it before modifying it more. I will show an updated pics when i get a chance.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/188365-my-wii2600-and-more-controller-mods/?hl=%2Bwii+%2Bcontroller+%2Bmods&do=findComment&comment=2407786

Edited by pimpmaul69

The install on the intellivision.us site is for version 2.3. I hope to have a version 2.4 soon with all the new folder structures.

Since the RetroPie 2.4 beta image is a stripped down install and doesn't have a desktop interface to easily configure a wifi connection, how did you transfer files? Is that where your wpa_supplicant file comes into play, and if so, how do I use it to complete the network setup? Thanks for any help.

Since the RetroPie 2.4 beta image is a stripped down install and doesn't have a desktop interface to easily configure a wifi connection, how did you transfer files? Is that where your wpa_supplicant file comes into play, and if so, how do I use it to complete the network setup? Thanks for any help.

These instructions should work for a wifi USB dongle - it worked for me!

Correct on the wpa_supplicant file. I did comment about it at the bottom of the webpage and provided a link for more information. The link Byte Knight provided is probably just as good.

Connect first using a wired connection or edit the wpa_supplicant file. Mine is just a sample if you do not have any security on your router.

What about those Linux handhelds?

Here is source for gp2x.

http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/index.php?/categories/44-Atari-7800

I have it on PSP, and GCW-Zero.

I gave it a shot..not a good one..but did try compiling it. Honestly, I do not have the energy or desire to work through this one. I think the 5200 games are better than the 7800 games. Maybe someone else on here will try to get it to work or I will be bored some day and try again. Sorry.

I gave it a shot..not a good one..but did try compiling it. Honestly, I do not have the energy or desire to work through this one. I think the 5200 games are better than the 7800 games. Maybe someone else on here will try to get it to work or I will be bored some day and try again. Sorry.

at least you tried. I dont know crap about compiling. I have info for the game gear emulator that needs to be added to osmose source to allow a button for exit but i have no clue how to compile. If you ever decide to give it a try.

https://github.com/badman12345/osmose-rpi/blob/master/osmose-0.8.1%2Brpi20130302.patch

Edited by pimpmaul69

That worked great. I'm connected and have my usual IP address. But I'm being rejected with an authentication error. Are there any changes in connecting on this disk image vs. the 2.3 image?

did you use the wpa suppicant that dave had. I had accidently put it on my 2.3 and it kept completely losing the ip info. Not sure if it is different between pie versions

2.3 wpa file is the same as 2.4. This has not changed. I just cloned what I had in 2.3 to my 2.4 image.

not sure why. As soon as i put my old file back in it stopped losing the wifi configs. After four times of it losing the config i put my old one back on and it has worked fine since.

Does anyone know if the user or root accounts changed with v2.4.2? The Pi has a good connection to my wifi, but the user name "root" and password "raspberry" gets rejected when I try STPF access. I've also noticed that when I exit EmulationStation with an F4, the user in the command line is pi@retropie in v2.4.2, but it's pi@raspberrypi in 2.3.

Does anyone know if the user or root accounts changed with v2.4.2? The Pi has a good connection to my wifi, but the user name "root" and password "raspberry" gets rejected when I try STPF access. I've also noticed that when I exit EmulationStation with an F4, the user in the command line is pi@retropie in v2.4.2, but it's pi@raspberrypi in 2.3.

try pi as the user. Might be messed up

If you do your project like mine, here's a use for the leftover PCB - a portable Flashback. I bought a few parts from Radio Shack - a size M coaxial DC power jack and a couple of pushbuttons (although you only really need an on/off button since reset brings you back to the main menu). I got this case from Amazon. Now if only I had a 3D printer to print up a mini Intellivision II case...

post-16548-0-02766400-1422247514_thumb.jpg post-16548-0-03208300-1422247516_thumb.jpg

post-16548-0-14731600-1422247515_thumb.jpg post-16548-0-83342300-1422247516_thumb.jpg

I do not have time to test this but edit the file: /etc/hosts

You will see:

127.0.1.1 retropie

replace it with:

127.0.1.1 raspberrypi

You may need to update the file: hostname

located in the same folder.

I did notice that my wifi was getting dropped but then it just started worked fine. Maybe a caching issue on my router?

Edited by intvdave

I did notice that my wifi was getting dropped but then it just started worked fine. Maybe a caching issue on my router?

this is a problem with the polyfuse. There is a 750ma polyfuse that drops the voltage too low. Replace with a 1 amp polyfuse. Having less things plugged in will help too. That is why i wired mine to the gpio pin header instead of usb. Fixed the problem. Mthompson did the same and it fixed his wifi dropping issues as well. I know byte knight ended up doing it too, just not sure of how it worked out for him.

Try running it at the command line. Did you fix the gamelist error?

went to 2.4.2. Gamelist problems fixed. However dumping your coleco files still doesnt make coleco run. Are there other linux files we need? Mthompson had the same problem using your files. As a note i know it is finding the adam.sh file. Not sure if it is any good though Edited by pimpmaul69

if you hook up your pi with an ethernet cable it works fine ftp'ing. Then dump your old wpa supplicant folder on and all your old settings are setup and ready to ftp.

Just to report back, I got it working. I found the WPA config file from my 2.3 install and typed in the settings on the 2.4.2 image. But I was still refused with an authentication error so I decided to try a new FTP client. FileZilla worked when I used port 22.

Really odd that my other trusty FTP program (Fetch) won't work on the 2.4.2 image, but at least I can transfer files now. I've moved over the ColecoVision emulator folder, CV roms, and es_systems.cfg file and Boulderdash launched correctly. Thanks for all of the ideas. Much appreciated, really!

Just to report back, I got it working. I found the WPA config file from my 2.3 install and typed in the settings on the 2.4.2 image. But I was still refused with an authentication error so I decided to try a new FTP client. FileZilla worked when I used port 22.

Really odd that my other trusty FTP program (Fetch) won't work on the 2.4.2 image, but at least I can transfer files now. I've moved over the ColecoVision emulator folder, CV roms, and es_systems.cfg file and Boulderdash launched correctly. Thanks for all of the ideas. Much appreciated, really!

i will have to put his roms on and see if there is something different in the roms. Glad you got it working on 2.4.2.

right before starting a game i get on the screen it says "press x or m to configure adamem video settings" x does nothing. M brings up the video options but setting them or changing them does nothing for me

EDIT: i was getting a quick flash telling me about adamem file permission denied. So i gave all permissions to all files in adamem folder and now it doesnt give the error anymore. Still not working. Reason i never saw error message about permission denied before is because 1920x1080 progressive cuts it off.

Edited by pimpmaul69

Hmmm. The ColecoVision games start and play, but they don't quit properly once the game has been started, sort of like what happens with Stella and the Atari 2600 games. The emulator starts to quit but leaves 10 percent of the game screen's lower part and just sits there. But games will quit properly from the title screen if they haven't been played. Only resetting the Pi will clear it out.

Oh well, this project is just one challenging puzzle after another. No real harm in that. These are bonus systems to get set up. The Intellivision games are my real priority.

mthompson got the Coleco emulator to work so we know it works...if just kind of. I did test my image but starting fresh with 2.4.2 and copying all my files over and playing the emulators. The Colecovision emulator is configured to work with the Ultimate Interface. I understand some of you might just be copying files over. Maybe you can start with a fresh image and copy all the contents over with 7777 permissions. I use "root" to copy the files over. All I can say is that it works perfectly for me on my 1920x1080 tv.

I used the adamem.sh because exiting the emulator was not returning to Emulation Station.

Does anyone have a collection or games for Mame that works with the Raspberry emulator? I have games but so many of them do not work with the version of Mame in Retropie. My games work fine on my PC.