IGNORED

Bagman for colecovison

alekmaul

I don't think that there's any existing C source code examples.

Your best shot is to to either ask Matthew or who did multiple arcade games using enhanced F18A functionality (check out his Scramble version, that really rocks!).

Example code in assembly language exists (but it's TMS9900 assembly language code).

EDIT: Also check the "F18A documentation" PDF listed in the F18A thread I mentioned.

Edited by retroclouds
  • Like 2

Nope, only one sprite for whellbarrow, sorry :/

But as you can see on youtube videos, bagman and cops use two sprites

Ok, no problem. :) But if one cop is on the same row as bagman and there is also a wheelbarrow on the same row, there will be five sprites on the same row. In my wish there still will be no more than five sprites on the same row in the same situation. :) I didn´t ask to "mask" the wheelbarrow with other sprite, the grey sprite´s (handles and wheel only) Y-coordinate would be few pixels bigger than the bottom of the red sprite (top part only, where money bags are loaded), so they never will be on the same row. I hope I said this more clearly now. :) But sure, my wish will eat more memory than single sprite wheelbarrow. :)

Here´s a simple crude two sprite wheelbarrow picture to explain this better. R=Red sprite, G=Grey sprite

RRRRRRR

RRRR <---bottom pixel row of Red sprite

GGGGG G <---top pixel row of Grey sprite

GGGG G

G G

Edited by mäsäxi

• 2 weeks later...

So, as I said, you must use two sprites ;) one for tthe grey, one for the Red.

And yes, you can't use more that 5 sprites per row, then we use a trick to display more than 5 on a row with filckering (you can ee that on videos).

At least, the game is now finished and will not add this new wheelbarrow, no more time on it. Perhaps for a megacart version with SuperBagman.

So, as I said, you must use two sprites ;) one for tthe grey, one for the Red.

And yes, you can't use more that 5 sprites per row, then we use a trick to display more than 5 on a row with filckering (you can ee that on videos).

I know it's a moot point now, but he means putting the red and white sprites on top of each other, not over each other. The two sprites don't overlap at all. With this type of configuration, your get the same number of sprites per scanline as when you use a single sprite.

But whatever. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So is this cart NOT going to have Super Bagman? Will that be a different release in the near future? This is going to be my first CV homebrew and I'm excited to play it! Can't wait until it's released.

Nope, no SuperBagman yet, but I think you will have some news of him next year,don't worry about that ;).

Just remember that the rom is only 32KO, with digitalized sounds, the 3 maps for each level, the US:FR logoand ohter stuffs through the option menu and the two cops that are not so easy to avoid ;)

It was not an easy challenge to put all of that in a single rom, trust me ;)

Edited by alekmaul