IGNORED

What is your proudest personal achievement...

Army Of 2600

Not sure about proudest, but, these things happened:

Adventure: Dragged everything including Dragon carcasses and bat inside the yellow castle.

Bubble Bobble (NES): Manually found passwords for super secret faster than normal end bosses.

Wizards & Warriors (NES): Used the levitation boots to exit normal stages and explore glitches.

Super Pitfall (NES): Pushed myself through walls to explore glitch areas.

Eye of the Beholder (PC): Used DOS EDIT and plenty of free time to manually edit save games,

Oblivion (360): Wall jumped out of a town and explored the low detail land map until it REALLY ran out of terrain.

Fallout New Vegas (360): Used a regenerating rifle to snipe every Deathclaw in the construction pit.

• Like 1

Playing Dolphin for the first time again after about 20 years (after having discovered and reactivated my old 2600 in my parents' attic) and promptly reaching "Amazing" on my very first try. I had never been able to pull that off as a kid, and I haven't been able to do it since, not even close. It was a complete, awesome fluke. Maybe I was possessed.

• Like 2

I don't know if "proud" is the word I'd use to describe an achievement in video games, but I was pretty pleased with myself when...

...I got past the first level in Double Dragon, and later, to the end of the game (didn't beat it though).
...I successfully completed a mission in River Raid II for the first time.
...I scored around 80 in Star Ship once.
...I beat Superman the first time.
...I rolled Defender twice in one game.

• Like 1

I think I clocked the score over in Space Invaders once... OK, easiest setting so no great achievement.

Didn't really play 2600 much after 1983, so missed out on most of the major releases after then.

I'm working on converting a 2600 game to work on the computer, so if that gets done will become my best 2600 achievement.

Getting the perfect score for Pitfall 2 several times, 199,000. I haven't played it in many years. I achieved it more successfully with my CV than the 2600 which seems strange because the CV controllers are viewed as less playable to most. I personally think the stock CV controllers are really good controllers for Pitfall 1&2. What i would LOVE to do next is solve and beat 2600 Raiders Of The Lost Ark, and find all the treasures in Pitfall. The time limit is the thing i hate about Pitfall!! :mad:

Edited by Rik

• 1 month later...