IGNORED

What is your proudest personal achievement...

Army Of 2600

I've managed a couple of times to roll the score on Pac-Man and I could handily do it again if my hands would cooperate. There's just something about the hands not working as well at 41 as they did at 11! Once or twice I apparently frustrated the ghosts so much that they went to the escape hatch and wouldn't come it!

• Like 1

Love it when all the ghosts get stuck and just go back and forth, from one end of the tunnel to the other! Wish I knew how to regularly trigger it.

My proudest moment was just this year, when I finally managed to beat the CPU at Backgammon. Maybe I shouldn't be proud...I haven't the first clue about strategy, so it was all lucky dice rolls. But I still let out a victory yelp, as it was my first win ever.

Mini-moments...

- getting a perfect score on Dodge 'Em

- Winning Haunted House on one match, but again, all that takes is some luck to get all the pieces on the first floor.

- I once started Bowling with 6 straight strikes. (It seems easier if you go by audio clues to know when to curve the ball, rather than trusting your eyes.) I was too chicken to go on, so I let my friend continue it and he lost the perfecto on the first ball, ha.

• 2 weeks later...

Working on homebrews. Especially since I'm not a programmer, so every project I've worked on is something I've been asked to be a part of. That's a pretty cool privilege, and the fulfillment of a dream I've had since I was a kid.

It also helps that you're astonishingly good at it. :)

For me, the one that sticks out most prominently isn't 2600-related: beating the entire Pitfall II, including the hidden (post-victory) cavern, in the late '90s. Ingredients: a 130XE, a CX-40 and a lot of coffee.