IGNORED

WAR Colecovision homebrew for sale

digress

I would like to say "email sent", but instead I will say "Game Received!" :D I have been cutting back a lot on purchases, but I could not resist buying War with the super awesome skull label!!! Hey, I resisted buying all 3 label types, which was very difficult for me! ;)

Troy

Yes!!!! I also liked a lot the skull label :grin:

It almost could serve for a movie :)

Just an update.

I noticed a flaw in the game after I mailed out the first few copies but it didn't show up on every system. So I have corrected the flaw and did extensive testing on:

A Colecovision

A Colecovision with SGM module attached

An ADAM

An ADAM with SGM module attached

And even a DINA

I am confident that that it is corrected and am resuming completing orders.

I am doing a cart exchange for those first few so they get to corrected copy and refunding the cost of the return shipping.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Every package that was paid for has been shipped. I haven't contacted everyone yet that showed interest as I needed to complete the games in the order they came in.

Just about killed me but I got them all done. I hope you like them. Turns out to be a lot more work than you would guess. I really appreciate all the work done by Collectorvision, Pixelboy & Opcode etc. The sheer volume of products they have put out. I guess you get faster at it when doing it for longer.

I have a couple more ready so I'll contact the next 2 on my list today and continue on til I get to everyone who contacted me to see if they are still interested.

Feel free to contact me if you have any concerns.

• Like 3

Every package that was paid for has been shipped. I haven't contacted everyone yet that showed interest as I needed to complete the games in the order they came in.

Just about killed me but I got them all done. I hope you like them. Turns out to be a lot more work than you would guess. I really appreciate all the work done by Collectorvision, Pixelboy & Opcode etc. The sheer volume of products they have put out. I guess you get faster at it when doing it for longer.

I have a couple more ready so I'll contact the next 2 on my list today and continue on til I get to everyone who contacted me to see if they are still interested.

Feel free to contact me if you have any concerns.

Got mine today THANKS!!! Just popped it in a little while and it LOOKS GREAT !!!!! GOD JOB!!

• 2 weeks later...

Nov 13 to Austria. The service to Austria from Canada is up to 6 weeks though unfortunately.

Please let me know if it arrives. If not I'll take care of it. Perhaps we could send it to your other address in the States.

@digress

when did you ship my copy - nothing arrived so far...

cool!

I'm glad.

I may make another game. Depends on reception to this one as to weither it's worth it to make another or not. It'll be an original concept if I do.

Thanks for the feedback

I got mine the other day and it is great fun. Thanks for making it! :-)

e

Thanks for the support.

I'm working on a few casual concepts right when stuck at family get togethers right now as well as finishing up the boxes etc. when I'm not.

I have a concept or 2 I like and may move forward with I just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or ideas they would really really like to see done. I'm only working on original ideas as I don't want to run into any IP problems.

I'm thinking of something with a character or characters something like telly turtle on the back of the colecovision box. .. Does that have any ownership problrms,... I'm not sure.

My concept is something similar. But at the moment I'm open to suggestions. I mean something like rastan is also appealing. My favourite coleco game is actually smurf or Frenzy.

receive mine yesterday great work

thanks

• Like 1

I'm thinking of something with a character or characters something like telly turtle on the back of the colecovision box. .. Does that have any ownership problrms,... I'm not sure.

That game mock-up on the back of the CV box would actually be Mr. Turtle and from what little is known about it, the game probably would have been a side scroller in the same vein as Smurf or Cabbage Patch Kids. As far as IP issues, Mr. Turtle would have been inspired from the plastic kiddie pools that Coleco made that were in the shape of a turtle and I wouldn't think that you would have anything to worry about if you decided to move ahead with development of this game. It's actually been a fairly well discussed Coleco vaporware title on this very forums by both Pixelboy and CollectorVision, but there is so little to go on (just a static pic and short text description) that no one has decided to take the plunge.

Considering that most of the other Coleco vaporware titles have been tackled already and Rip Cord will hopefully be parachuting in to homes all over the world soon, it would be nice to see someone dive into Mr. Turtle as well as pickup the reins on the development of Horse Racing... which Else abandoned a couple years ago.

Mr turtle. you are right I hadn't looked at the picture recently. That always looked interesting to me.

The horse racing too but maybe next project. I think Mr. Turtle would be more what I had in mind . If this idea had a built in audience seeing as it was vaporware it might be the right choice.

The Pandora palace looks like fun but I wouldn't try that one due to possible ip problems

something in kind of montezuma ´s revenge or pandora ´s palace that would be cool games

That game mock-up on the back of the CV box would actually be Mr. Turtle and from what little is known about it, the game probably would have been a side scroller in the same vein as Smurf or Cabbage Patch Kids. As far as IP issues, Mr. Turtle would have been inspired from the plastic kiddie pools that Coleco made that were in the shape of a turtle and I wouldn't think that you would have anything to worry about if you decided to move ahead with development of this game. It's actually been a fairly well discussed Coleco vaporware title on this very forums by both Pixelboy and CollectorVision, but there is so little to go on (just a static pic and short text description) that no one has decided to take the plunge.

Considering that most of the other Coleco vaporware titles have been tackled already and Rip Cord will hopefully be parachuting in to homes all over the world soon, it would be nice to see someone dive into Mr. Turtle as well as pickup the reins on the development of Horse Racing... which Else abandoned a couple years ago.

I would second this. A side scroller featuring a turtle could be fun as well.

Mr turtle. you are right I hadn't looked at the picture recently. That always looked interesting to me.

The horse racing too but maybe next project. I think Mr. Turtle would be more what I had in mind . If this idea had a built in audience seeing as it was vaporware it might be the right choice.

If you're going to do Mr Turtle (and I certainly hope you will) I just have one request: Find a way to incorporate the content of the "official" Mr Turtle mockup screenshot into your game. In my sense, that will make it an official "unvaporwared" version of Mr Turtle, just like Scott Huggin's Spectar and CollectorVision's Chess Challenger.

Just my two cents. :)

• Like 1

absolutely, that's where I would start. that screen would appear exactly and be playable.

looking into this seriously right now. I found the print ad and a few other related images. not much info so it would be very open to interpretation what the gameplay might be.

If you're going to do Mr Turtle (and I certainly hope you will) I just have one request: Find a way to incorporate the content of the "official" Mr Turtle mockup screenshot into your game. In my sense, that will make it an official "unvaporwared" version of Mr Turtle, just like Scott Huggin's Spectar and CollectorVision's Chess Challenger.

Just my two cents. :)

absolutely, that's where I would start. that screen would appear exactly and be playable.

looking into this seriously right now. I found the print ad and a few other related images. not much info so it would be very open to interpretation what the gameplay might be.

Yeah, that's the great thing about this potential project. :)

Mr-turtle.jpg

Just an idea. You could use the tortoise vs. the hare idea. The turtle is racing through obstacles (think pitfall, cabbage patch kids, smurf) to get to the end of the race. The screenshot reminds me a lot of the shark part in jungle hunt. The turtle could swim around the fish while avoiding the shark. (as part of the race)

Mr-turtle.jpg

Just an idea. You could use the tortoise vs. the hare idea. The turtle is racing through obstacles (think pitfall, cabbage patch kids, smurf) to get to the end of the race. The screenshot reminds me a lot of the shark part in jungle hunt. The turtle could swim around the fish while avoiding the shark. (as part of the race)

Not a bad idea, but if you look closely at the screenshot, there's a "P" inside the open clamshell, which leads me to believe that the player is required to collect letters, in this case to form the word "PEARL", but I guess it could be other words too.

EDIT: Personally, I would like to see a simplified Metroid-type game, where the player would explore a large area to collect letters.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have contacted everyone who showed interest in the game and shipped most out already and am just making up the last few games this week.

I just wanted to post an update in case any else was still interested before I put all the tools back in their drawers etc.

The Game was actually started in 2004 and I had a working prototype back then. I even had a few guys at a Adamconvention check it out but I doubt they remember it.

The homebrew coleco scene was pretty dead at the time and I didn't see any point in completing the game if it was just for myself so I put in storage. Then in 2012 I noticed all these new coleco games being published by Pixelboy, Opcode & Collectorvision as Well as Daniel & few Others. So this got my interest up in un-mothballing this and finally publishing my first game.

Thanks to everyone for supporting the project. It was fun to work on.