IGNORED

Dungeon Hunt – a new game for the Atari 8 Bit!

jacobus

• 4 weeks later...

Can the digital edition (atr) be written to an Atarimax 8meg cart....will it work that way?

Yes it can run from the MaxFlash cartridge, and runs very well, but it cannot write game saves back to the cartridge. For a long playing game like Dungeon Hunt this is a major problem.

However, I've enlisted the aid of Steven Tucker to help me make a fully MaxFlash compatible version! I hope to have these cartridges ready for market in a few weeks. I'll make another announcement when they are ready.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I know I almost like a commercial. ... but this game runs also natively on the myide 2. That gives read/write and is almost as small as an atarimax card.

Only downside: not on atari 400/800

a few days ago i received the package with the game. Great work Jacobus. I am VERY VERY curious what's in that tiny yellow envelope :)

Greetz

M.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a very strange issue...

(Sorry I did not read 7 pages of topic, perhaps it is already discussed here)

When I start from the beginning this is what happens.

I walk nort, I beat the bat... I continue walking north until I can't go further. Then I go east. I beat the skeleton, and I walk further east.

Then I find the HEALTH panel.

Ok here is the strange thing.

Before I use the health panel my Health indicator counts 5 shades of green (4 complete, and the fifth is 50% full)

When I use the health panel my Health is DECREASED! It only counts 4 shades of green (3 complete and the fourth is 50% full)

That is strange isn't it? I did not find this in the manual.

It is not a mistery panel. My health is stable here when I'm waiting around this health panel. Just pressing the fire button at the health panel decreases my health as you can see in the pictures.

Is this a feature? A bug?

Thanks

M.

Hmmm ... good find!

I think the issue is that the maximum health is capped for each level (slowly increases as you progress). Level 1 the cap is 35. The problem is that I start the character off with a health level of 45. So when you hit the health panel, the cap is applied and your health drops.

First chance I had to really play was this weekend. Very nice work! It did crash on me once with, I'm guessing, 80% of the dungeon on L1 discovered. Screen went black, got boot purr, then left at Ready prompt. On a 130xE, and basic was disabled prior. Only once though. Great rendition of the game!

• 1 year later...

Yes it can run from the MaxFlash cartridge, and runs very well, but it cannot write game saves back to the cartridge. For a long playing game like Dungeon Hunt this is a major problem.

However, I've enlisted the aid of Steven Tucker to help me make a fully MaxFlash compatible version! I hope to have these cartridges ready for market in a few weeks. I'll make another announcement when they are ready.

Did you ever get the fully MaxFlash compatible ver available? I'd like two.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone seen or heard from jacobus lately? I sent a private message to him a month ago and again a couple of days ago with no replies. I'm wanting to buy a digital or real copy of Dungeon Hunt (if he still makes them).

Edited by Gunstar

he had the original physical release, a Gold edition, a digital edition, and the cartridge edition. There shouldn't be a problem still getting the digital edition if he is still around, since nothing is required more than sending buyers the files via e-mail or download link. But we have to get in contact with him at least. It's rather important for me too, as I'm supposed to write a review and possibly a guide for it for an article in one of our new Atari magazines.

he had the original physical release, a Gold edition, a digital edition, and the cartridge edition. There shouldn't be a problem still getting the digital edition if he is still around, since nothing is required more than sending buyers the files via e-mail or download link. But we have to get in contact with him at least. It's rather important for me too, as I'm supposed to write a review and possibly a guide for it for an article in one of our new Atari magazines.

I have the original digital version as he had run out of carts, is there anyway to get a digital version that will save to an Atarimax cart? any help or advice would be appreciated.

I sent him an email, so hopefully all is well with him and he can chime in here to help you guys.

Yes, there is a digital version that works with the Maxflash carts and has saving, but each copy is registered individually.

Ok thanks so the original digital version that I bought for $5 can be put on a Atarimax flashcart and will save your progress.

I have disk and cart versions new in the box I would be willing to sell but I am in the process of buying a new home so everything is packed up. I will see if I can locate them before the move in 3 weeks but no promises.

If you are interested PM me and we can go from there.

Sent from my non beer holding hand.

Ok thanks so the original digital version that I bought for $5 can be put on a Atarimax flashcart and will save your progress.

I'm not sure what version you have, so I'm not sure.

I have the original gold disk version that included the registered ATR, which I put on a Maxflash cart, but the saving didn't work. That's around the time Jacobus released the Maxflash cartridge edition(which also included an ATR with the saving feature enabled on the Maxflash).

I am unsure if he sold digital copies of the Maxflash version or not.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

I have disk and cart versions new in the box I would be willing to sell but I am in the process of buying a new home so everything is packed up. I will see if I can locate them before the move in 3 weeks but no promises.

If you are interested PM me and we can go from there.

Sent from my non beer holding hand.

Sent you a PM for the Cart Version