IGNORED

World's smallest Vectrex

Richard H.

Now do biggest

http://www.revival-studios.com/photos/vectrexnews/3dengine2_640.jpg

That's fantastic! 3D printed?

Thankyou, yes, 3D printed. I've been teaching myself CAD and the vectrex is pretty easy because it's just a big cube.

How'd you do the screen, decal?

Thermal label printer.

I think I need a 2600 Heavy Sixer keychain.

I think that would be hard to model (for my skills), but I'd definitely have a go.

AAMOI does a 2600 model exist ? (in .stl format)

Edited by Richard H.

www.revival-studios.com/photos/vectrexnews/3dengine2_640.jpg

Thankyou, yes, 3D printed. I've been teaching myself CAD and the vectrex is pretty easy because it's just a big cube.

Thermal label printer.

I think that would be hard to model (for my skills), but I'd definitely have a go.

Do these two machines (scalpel's too) have bigger monitors or are they just stock Vectrex's in an arcade type cabinet?

How feasible is it to convert another vector monitor so it can be driven by the Vectrex? Is there standardization of vector monitors? What about a custom system made from a modern vector monitor (though I don't know if they make them any bigger) driven by a hardware emulator of the vectrex so you can use a different monitor which I assume the Vectrex has a custom driver board.

I've got a 2600 joystick that I modeled in AutoCAD about 10 years ago that I would happily send to you if I ever find the file. We had our choice of an object to model in my class and that's what I picked. :)

Maybe Bandai could put them in a gashapon machine. They sold the Vectrex in Japan as the Kousokusen (aka "light speed ship").

Now that we've got the smallest and largest Vectrex machines, someone should attempt the cheapest next. LG makes a smartphone called the Tribute which has enough juice to handle pretty much anything you throw at it, including Vectrex emulators. And it's only forty dollars!

There were some folks who experimented with Fresnel Lenses (aka TV magnifier).

It was DarrlyB first, than me. However, doesn't work very well. The spiral structure built into the lens played havoc with the display of the vector graphics. On most of the games there seemed to be some strange prism and line spiralling effects.

vec-fresnel.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...