IGNORED

Why do YOU collect every new Intv thing that comes out?

Rev

Grid Shock = Hello World

Santa, Easter, and Halloween = Hello World

Air Strike is not completed. Would you want this CIB though it is not done?

Crazy Clones is playable. It might be considered finish though it was used to train new programmers. Would you want this CIB though I do not consider it done?

Land Battle and Take Over are completed games. Would you want these CIB?

Brickout is buggy. CIB?

I think Hypnotic Lights is completed. CIB?

Super Masters is a demo.

Super Soccer is WC Soccer.

Super Pro Baseball needs some clean up.

Maybe you can say which of the above games you would want CIB? I may have missed a few titles such as Number Jumble.

Grid Shock = Hello World

Crazy Clones is playable. It might be considered finish though it was used to train new programmers. Would you want this CIB though I do not consider it done?

Brickout is buggy. CIB?

Super Masters is a demo.

Maybe you can say which of the above games you would want CIB? I may have missed a few titles such as Number Jumble.

Of those you mentioned:

Land Battle

Take Over

Hypnotic Lights

Super Pro Baseball (after cleanup)

Super Pro Baseball please:-)

As for rest I don't know them all well or at all, but if games are not finished and/or lousy, I would only consider them in CIB form if 4 or 5 of them can be put on one CIB Package. Seems lame to put 5 lousy games in 5 different CIB releases. If they could be combined to offer more on one cart it wouldn't be great but it would at least be better. Forgive my ignorance as to feasibility of any of this as I am NO programmer. Bottom line I echo what someone said above regarding QUALITY over Quantity. One of the great things about the Inty is the Quality Game to Dud Game ratio is very good and would like it to stay that way. One Great game (i.e. Stonix which I love) is better than 5 to 10 mediocre games. Just my $.02 please don't kill me lol:-)

I have almost all the Mattel demos and test cart, but I don't hunt down variants, and I don't have any prototypes of released games. I've enjoyed the ton of new 3rd party games, but if it ever got to the point where people were literally releasing Hello, World! Special Edition CIB, no thanks, I'll pass.

I had the same situation others did where my parents had to choose between the Atari 2600 & Intellivision, and though it was tough growing up Intv in an Atari world I wouldn't trade it for anything. When Intellivision first came out most stores had very few games in stock, so my parents used to drive from Brooklyn out to a tiny electronics store in Jersey just to get the new games for Christmas. Later on when TRU starting carrying more games they knew the manager at our local store, and the weeks before Christmas they'd be there at midnight every other night when the shipments arrived just to see if any new releases came in. I treasured every single game they gave me, and I still have them all CIB.

Every single time a new Intellivision game arrives in the mail that's what I'm reminded of, that's why I treasure it. So yes, if it's a playable game I'd want it CIB, and I truly appreciate the effort that goes into taking the unfinished games and completing them.

• Like 2

I really like Biplanes, so the idea of Air Strike is very appealing to me, however added features would be very cool. Not sure what's possible, but I'm envisioning alternating missions of Biplanes and bombing runs. Maybe a scrolling bombing mission with occasional enemy Biplanes, then a boss at the end of each level consisting initially of a one on one dogfight, but more and/or more sophisticated enemy planes at later boss levels. I'd buy that CIB!

As for the rest, I say yes...eventually. Plenty of games are getting released so no rush, but hopefully someone could finish/improve the weaker ones to make them more playable. The already completed simpler ones could possibly be combined as dual releases. For now, I'd prefer to see the more promising ones released first (Super Pro Baseball, Ms Night Stalker, Air Strike, Super Pro Utopia, Super Pro Sea Battle).

I collect roms and patches. If there is a mousetrap patch i dont have it. I dont have any elf patches either. But i have several other intellivision homebrew patches and activision patches. Now my variant rabbit hole goes into roms. I even have dupes of the same roms named in variant forms. (ie: major league baseball, baseball, big league baseball, le baseball de la ligue majeure) hopefully more programmers will start selling roms (free works too) so i can have more games to enjoy playing and collecting. But intvdave is right in what i believe. I wont buy crap just cause someone released it. Luckily most games released on intellivision are fucking awesome. Granted i cant afford new games on cart so i take what i can in rom form. With the multi carts coming out i will also buy whatever roms will work for me and my budget.

What's more important?

The gameplay.

Or

The game package.

----------------

Or is it beyond that? As some say the thrill of collecting no matter what game it is?

Point is. Why do we pay for games we really have no intention of playing. Or play much..

....most of us have access to the roms/emulation/intv compilation/ flashback.

So what need is there for you to have it CIB, and an incomplete game at that. (Old mattel game roms)

For me the gameplay is more important. A turd in a nice game package is still a turd.

I used to feel that the thrill of collecting everything was what drove me. Lately however that drive is slowly starting to diminish. I've gotten as far as I can get with the variants, subsets, etc. The only things left are the more difficult to obtain so it's a question of waiting... and I've been thinking if I really need to spend so much on something that so few people appreciate?

As for the new games being released, I'm being more selective... This goes against my completist nature but I don't really find a compelling reason to absolutely have everything. Sorry Magic Carousel, I don't have that need to have you CIB.

• Like 1

Grid Shock = Hello World

Brickout is buggy. CIB?

Super Masters is a demo.

i would love to be able to play a completed air strike. That game is cool. Super pro baseball would be cool too. Several of your games i cant play as i cant afford carts but i truly feel that you put everything into completing games to make them of great quality. One game i play all the time (probably my third favorite game) is tag-a-long todd v3.13. You made the game complete and play worthy to me. All the other versions are not complete and enjoyable. You have always gone the extra mile to add what is needed to make a game not only complete but adding the stuff that people wished they had in previous versions and making it fun. Im sure you wouldnt ever buy an unfinished pile o crap as you would never release one yourself. Edited by pimpmaul69

What kind of toy soldiers? I collected Star Wars stuff in the mid-90's but sold it all to buy video games. I have a nice boxed Death Star playset and an R2-D2 bop bag because those were childhood faves.

Before STAR WARS toys got my attention since 1977, I was a great fan of toysoldiers made by Airfix and Matchbox, also Timpo. Now I have a large Airfix 1/32 collection, presented on my homepage http://www.airfix132.de.

Many of box variants too, like Intellivision.

Super Pro Baseball please:-)

As for rest I don't know them all well or at all, but if games are not finished and/or lousy, I would only consider them in CIB form if 4 or 5 of them can be put on one CIB Package. Seems lame to put 5 lousy games in 5 different CIB releases. If they could be combined to offer more on one cart it wouldn't be great but it would at least be better. Forgive my ignorance as to feasibility of any of this as I am NO programmer. Bottom line I echo what someone said above regarding QUALITY over Quantity. One of the great things about the Inty is the Quality Game to Dud Game ratio is very good and would like it to stay that way. One Great game (i.e. Stonix which I love) is better than 5 to 10 mediocre games. Just my $.02 please don't kill me lol:-)

I like this....how about 4 or 5 five of the games that were not finished in one cool box and called Intellivision unfinished games?

Way better than having to make or buy 5 different boxes and just get the rest of them out of the way and future discussion. Is that possible? Thanks Joe for your great idea! ;-)

I have almost all the Mattel demos and test cart, but I don't hunt down variants, and I don't have any prototypes of released games. I've enjoyed the ton of new 3rd party games, but if it ever got to the point where people were literally releasing Hello, World! Special Edition CIB, no thanks, I'll pass.

I had the same situation others did where my parents had to choose between the Atari 2600 & Intellivision, and though it was tough growing up Intv in an Atari world I wouldn't trade it for anything. When Intellivision first came out most stores had very few games in stock, so my parents used to drive from Brooklyn out to a tiny electronics store in Jersey just to get the new games for Christmas. Later on when TRU starting carrying more games they knew the manager at our local store, and the weeks before Christmas they'd be there at midnight every other night when the shipments arrived just to see if any new releases came in. I treasured every single game they gave me, and I still have them all CIB.

Every single time a new Intellivision game arrives in the mail that's what I'm reminded of, that's why I treasure it. So yes, if it's a playable game I'd want it CIB, and I truly appreciate the effort that goes into taking the unfinished games and completing them.

Your parents sound awesome, and that is a great story about why you would love the system!

i would love to be able to play a completed air strike. That game is cool. Super pro baseball would be cool too. Several of your games i cant play as i cant afford carts but i truly feel that you put everything into completing games to make them of great quality. One game i play all the time (probably my third favorite game) is tag-a-long todd v3.13. You made the game complete and play worthy to me. All the other versions are not complete and enjoyable. You have always gone the extra mile to add what is needed to make a game not only complete but adding the stuff that people wished they had in previous versions and making it fun. Im sure you wouldnt ever buy an unfinished pile o crap as you would never release one yourself.

Wow! Thanks! Joe Z. wrote Tag-Along-Todd and I just updated it. Honestly, I did not finish it. I think it is fun but thought of more to do with it. I just got distracted with other games. I have been considering going back to it but I just have to many ideas for other games right now.

Before STAR WARS toys got my attention since 1977, I was a great fan of toysoldiers made by Airfix and Matchbox, also Timpo. Now I have a large Airfix 1/32 collection, presented on my homepage http://www.airfix132.de.

Many of box variants too, like Intellivision.

Very cool. My family has owned a hobby and collectibles store since the 60s so we sold a lot of those soldiers when they were new.

I'm compensating for the lack of happiness in other aspects of my life in a vain attempt to find a sense of purpose to my existence. At least that's what my psychologist tells me ...

I don't necessarily buy EVERYTHING that comes out, although I do end up with most. As others have mentioned, for me it is the collector in me and often the just the thrill of the hunt. My father is a collector and passed that along to me ... and I love finding that item that I've been looking for and finally adding it to my collection.

So ... why Intellivision, then? Because it does remind me of a happier, carefree time of my childhood. Yeah, need to make another appointment with my shrink.

• Like 4

I'm compensating for the lack of happiness in other aspects of my life in a vain attempt to find a sense of purpose to my existence. At least that's what my psychologist tells me ...

I don't necessarily buy EVERYTHING that comes out, although I do end up with most. As others have mentioned, for me it is the collector in me and often the just the thrill of the hunt. My father is a collector and passed that along to me ... and I love finding that item that I've been looking for and finally adding it to my collection.

So ... why Intellivision, then? Because it does remind me of a happier, carefree time of my childhood. Yeah, need to make another appointment with my shrink.

My thoughts exactly!!