IGNORED

Why do YOU collect every new Intv thing that comes out?

Rev

When was Tag Along Todd rom done? Never played that game so I know nothing about or if I have on my cuttlecart?

intvnut has included various stages of tagalong todd with the SDK-1600 for a long time, IIRC. It's part of a series of tutorial exercises to introduce people to programming for the Intellivision. You can go here for a nicely presented tutorial.

I don't collect every *new* thing. Far from it.

I do, however, love to get my hands on everything "original", ie: from back in the 80s. The why is simple: I couldn't afford most of this back then, and today it's (generally) very cheap. When I look at my shelf with 500+ 2600 games (never mind everything else in a cart collection approaching 2500) my inner 10 year old absolutely squees with joy.

But I think I'm a bit of an oddball 'round these parts. Some of you would buy a turd if it was in the shape of the running man :P I definitely am not that guy. There's just too much "stuff" coming out. The only thing I try to keep up with is Robotech, because it's so rarely produced.

• Like 1

Wow! Thanks! Joe Z. wrote Tag-Along-Todd and I just updated it. Honestly, I did not finish it. I think it is fun but thought of more to do with it. I just got distracted with other games. I have been considering going back to it but I just have to many ideas for other games right now.

the running man makes all the difference in gameplay. Without the running man it felt like a game you would find on a leap frog or something. I am glad joe made this but it took more to make it playworthy for me so i would have to be thankful to both of you for this game.

To answer the original question, I had an Intellivision as a kid, played for hours with my brothers,

my dad still has it and all the games we had back then.

As a teenager I got interested in music and girls and lost interest in it, probably around 1983.

In 2001, when I got divorced, I bought one on ebay with a bunch of games, reminder of happier times I guess.

125 was an (almost) obtainable goal, so I started collecting, things were a lot cheaper then.

The original home-brews were just coming out so I grabbed them too as they were released,

though somehow I missed Robot Rubble and League of Light :(

No interest in any other systems, but I buy 2 of every new CIB release, one for the collection and an extra for future trades.

So whatever you decide to release I'll take 2 copies :-D

Edited by Steve Jones
  • Like 2

Man, just another thread that went in a completely different direction.....so....sad..... :_(

???

This is all related. It has to do with WHAT you collect, and why YOU collect it. Will some of us buy a game reguardless of what shape the gameplay is simply to have something to buy, and how important it is. There are no wrong answers in this thread i think. It is opinions and points of view.

Do I make sense? :-)

I like this....how about 4 or 5 five of the games that were not finished in one cool box and called Intellivision unfinished games?

Way better than having to make or buy 5 different boxes and just get the rest of them out of the way and future discussion. Is that possible? Thanks Joe for your great idea! ;-)

Here is where it was Rev and no one answered the question? can this be done? Thanks, Wolfy

I like this....how about 4 or 5 five of the games that were not finished in one cool box and called Intellivision unfinished games?

Way better than having to make or buy 5 different boxes and just get the rest of them out of the way and future discussion. Is that possible? Thanks Joe for your great idea! ;-)

Not interested in compilations any longer. In fact, Sorry to report, Tron Complete is cancelled. New original and complete games (no reisses) is the end goal. Im sure everyone can agree on that. Edited by revolutionika

Here is where it was Rev and no one answered the question? can this be done? Thanks, Wolfy

Ah. Honestly, though I'm a sucker for pretty much anything Intellivision, it would need to be a pretty special package to convince me to buy a compilation of demos and unfinished ROMs. Aren't all the ones mentioned available in various collections? Just put them on your multicart or try it on an emulator. There really isn't much compelling to see. Compilations like Intellivision® Lives and Rocks have the games, songs, and other content that make it worthwhile. So such a product would need something extra, too.

Bummer. Is there an 'official' AA thread that this should be announced on?

No. I guess I will put it in the next newsletter I send though. Maybe It will die a quiet death. Sorry guys.

Maybe in 30 years some new intv generation will finish it as part of some wave of 'unreleased classic games'. :grin: :grin: :grin:

But If my crazy plans and goals pan out, in next few years intv fans will be playing some much better new games.

Edited by revolutionika

Hey Rev, sorry to hear about the Tron thing. That was actually different than what we were talking about here as they are completed games not roms or unreleased ones, and in a very awesome looking box.

I would think everyone here was in on and agreed to that! For most of us with so much coming out, we have reached the point of not practically/ or the practicality of being able to afford everything that comes out and keeping up with all of it.

I certainly love the Tron idea, I played all of those games in the early 80's, especially Deadly Discs.I am still in on that!

The last few that didn't get released or finished, I probably couldn't buy in. I hope your crazy plans work out, I will be here to support you and whatever it is you do with them!

Glad to say I have not been bitten by the completionist bug. I only collect games that I am interested in playing, and that are affordable.

I luckily hung on to all the Intellivision games that I had growing up, so nostalgia doesn't really play that much of a part in the games I buy. Mostly the games I've hunted down are ones I wanted growing up but never owned, or never even knew of, or games that do something impressive technically.

- J

Glad to say I have not been bitten by the completionist bug. I only collect games that I am interested in playing, and that are affordable.

I luckily hung on to all the Intellivision games that I had growing up, so nostalgia doesn't really play that much of a part in the games I buy. Mostly the games I've hunted down are ones I wanted growing up but never owned, or never even knew of, or games that do something impressive technically.

- J

^^ This is how I am with the NES. I try to limit my new purchases to games that are fun to play. There are a few pricier games that I had as a kid, but somehow lost over the years and I watch out for deals on those, but I'm definitely not an NES completist.

I'm a bit of a completionist / perfectionist. Currently, I'm trying to collect all cartridges (and am only 3 away).

However, if the newer homebrew games become over-priced or overly limited in release or if the quality drops too far, I might stop collecting all the new ones and switch to only cherry-picking the best ones.