IGNORED

7800 Arcade Joystick Sale

UberArcade

I am an arcade tinkerer (check out some of the stuff I've done here and here

(please don't ask for anything to be remade though, it aint happenin')

So, I will be making some kind of 2 button stick for my 7800 soon, as I really don't gete along with the europad. I find the direction d pad rubs a bit and gets stuck right sometimes. Always preferred sticks, as I am an arcade purist :D

Have any of you thought about using an Ultimarc servo stik in one of your builds to switch from 4 way to 8 way via a servo motor attached to a switch?

I use one on my mame arcade machine (a sega Naomi chop) and it is the perfect setup. You can even use just the servo stik motor and pcb with one of the sanwa sticks. I think the ultimarc one is just a clone of the original sanwa anyway.

I was making my last 7800 joysticks this weekend (I thought) and I found parts to make two more of them. So back out of retirement for two more sales. :-)

I made them available on my website. I went ahead and drilled the cases so these are available with the joystick on the left only.

I just bought one, so there is one left(maybe)?

• Like 1

I am an arcade tinkerer (check out some of the stuff I've done here and here

(please don't ask for anything to be remade though, it aint happenin')

So, I will be making some kind of 2 button stick for my 7800 soon, as I really don't gete along with the europad. I find the direction d pad rubs a bit and gets stuck right sometimes. Always preferred sticks, as I am an arcade purist :D

Have any of you thought about using an Ultimarc servo stik in one of your builds to switch from 4 way to 8 way via a servo motor attached to a switch?

I use one on my mame arcade machine (a sega Naomi chop) and it is the perfect setup. You can even use just the servo stik motor and pcb with one of the sanwa sticks. I think the ultimarc one is just a clone of the original sanwa anyway.

The ultimarcs are rubbish. Here's what I used instead:

:grin:

• Like 1

That is a clever idea, but reminds me of the control panel on the ancient Atari game 'Rip Cord'!

I like the electro / mechanical 'bzzz' when the servo stik changes over from 4 to 8 way and vice versa.

The only problem with the servo stiks, is the screws vibrate themselves loose. I'm going to sort that with some thread lock.

• Like 1