IGNORED

New Intellivision Game - It's SNOW Fun

Tarzilla

Finally, Revolutionika gets his wish...a dedicated game starring...Snow!!!!!!!!

"It's SNOW Fun" is the first in a series of games I have completed, it is so simple it's stupid.

In the grand tradition of other recently released games, no manual, box or overlays are included.

See if you can beat my score of 100

post-38229-0-84607200-1415935119_thumb.gif

Stay tuned for "Super Pro - It's SNOW Fun"

snow.rom

• Like 4

Finally, Revolutionika gets his wish...a dedicated game starring...Snow!!!!!!!!

"It's SNOW Fun" is the first in a series of games I have completed, it is so simple it's stupid.

In the grand tradition of other recently released games, no manual, box or overlays are included.

See if you can beat my score of 100

attachicon.gifSnowHighScore100.gif

Stay tuned for "Super Pro - It's SNOW Fun"

attachicon.gifsnow.rom

Here is a screenshot. It's just that.

If this was intended as a joke for Rev, perhaps it would have been more appropriate as a PM?

-dZ.

post-27318-0-20431100-1415960156_thumb.gif

Here is a screenshot. It's just that.

If this was intended as a joke for Rev, perhaps it would have been more appropriate as a PM?

-dZ.

attachicon.gifshot0000.gif

Perhaps, but it is a complete frame work under the hood, Title, level, game, sounds, controller input, game over and game won sections.

It was the 2nd thing I ever did with IntyBasic to force some structure to the code.

Maybe calling it a game was incorrect, a puzzle would be a better description because there is a way to find the cat..

Perhaps, but it is a complete frame work under the hood, Title, level, game, sounds, controller input, game over and game won sections.

It was the 2nd thing I ever did with IntyBasic to force some structure to the code.

Maybe calling it a game was incorrect, a puzzle would be a better description because there is a way to find the cat..

Hmmm. I apologize if I misunderstood, but when I ran it, all I got was a white screen and nothing happened after that. I tried moving and smashing buttons and couldn't get any feedback, so I assumed it was just a joke that wasted my time.

How do you play the game then?

Hmmm. I apologize if I misunderstood, but when I ran it, all I got was a white screen and nothing happened after that. I tried moving and smashing buttons and couldn't get any feedback, so I assumed it was just a joke that wasted my time.

How do you play the game then?

You use your imagination, as Rev says, great graphics, smoothly animated cat, very detailed backgrounds... in my mind! :lol:

I just got the thread title. It's been a busy week for my brain.

For those that don't understand snow puns (waves to nanochess): Earlier this year my city had a very, very early dump of a LOT of snow. I'm not a twitter person, but I did laugh at the various hashtags that came out. One of the best being #snomg.

Canadians "enjoy" our snow. :P

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've been too busy actually shoveling snow to continue with this thread as I had intended, but since it got mentioned on the latest Intellivisionaries podcast...

<click to animate>

post-38229-0-81653000-1417238497_thumb.gif

gameplay clips coming in the next few weeks...and no, it won't be a blinding white screen.

• Like 1

Technically no, as the "It's Snow Fun" puzzle and the "It Snow Fun" game are two different things. :)

But it is funny how you can see something over and over and not notice because you are focused on the game play part of the game you are programming. I'll fix the missing "'s" in a future update.

Technically no, as the "It's Snow Fun" puzzle and the "It Snow Fun" game are two different things. :)

But it is funny how you can see something over and over and not notice because you are focused on the game play part of the game you are programming. I'll fix the missing "'s" in a future update.

Are you sure you didn't mean the game to be "It's Now Fun"? :P

• Like 1

Hopefully not "It's no fun".

I'll let Revolutionika decide on the final name (pun or not) since I've been dealing with this the last two days, I don't believe snow and fun belong in the same sentence ;)

It is also minus 31 degrees Celsius (really F'n cold for you Americans on the Fahrenheit scale)

post-38229-0-54539700-1417282021_thumb.jpg

Snowver Bovver?

Except that...don't make me delete the code...

post-38229-0-58602500-1417282952_thumb.pngpost-38229-0-40127200-1417282972_thumb.png

Not inspired by a certain british lawn mower game (that I was blissfully unaware of until this summer when I stumbled upon it while searching for something else) instead inspired more by Dig Dug and Mr. Do and their digging mechanic.

You are a kid that has to shovel snow, your own and friends and neighbours. The amount of blue pixels detemines how deep (of 3 or 4 depths) You have to shovel it to the sides while some animals or people interfere. Part puzzle, part action. You can't block cars.There will be a random pussy hidden in the snow. Earn money to buy bigger shovels, even a flamethrower.

Different days (rounds) will have different amounts of snow and cars and outside temperature (related to a bonus timer, get too cold, you have to go inside to warm up) etc. Different screens for each job.

Voice support of your dad yelling at you.

Edited by Tarzilla
  • Like 1