IGNORED

Axlon Andy Atari Robot

Bill Lange

WTF ? => I Will ship Internationally Only to UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia & NZ, or Japan for $50.

OOOOhhh, I will only ship to English speaking countries, because the rest of the world is evil !!

(And Japan, Japanese people are reliable too, but the rest of the world......all criminals !)

Edited by Level42
  • Like 1

Can someone add a link to the ATRs with the software for this contraption.

Bill

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223851-andy-robot-disk-and-examples/?do=findComment&comment=2961026

and

http://www.atarimania.com/utility-atari-400-800-xl-xe-andy-command-disk_29749.html

Edited by AtariGeezer

• 1 month later...

I bought one when they were just released - I think I paid $125 for it. It had two motors - one for the left wheel and one for the right, a bump sensor and a red LED for each eye. It was powered by a few batteries, and you connected it to your Atari thru the joystick port. You could drive it around with a joystick. It's not a smart robot - your computer was needed to move it. I got tired of it pretty quick.

If you want to have fun with a robot, I recommend the Woowee MiP robot. I just got two for Christmas. It's a balancing robot that has about 8 built in programs, ultrasonic sensor and and you can also drive it around wirelesslessly (Bluetooth) with your iPhone, iPad or Android phone. I think it's amazing the MiP can balance so well - even works well on a carpet. The MiP typically sells for $90.

• Like 1

^ I bought a MiP when they were released in August. It is awfully cute next to my working Verbot, 2 toy robots spanning 30+ years.

Thanks for the info about Andy. I thought it had more sophisticated features. I've read up on it a bit over the years, yet I must have missed that it was basically a remote control car with a robot body on it. I don't need one of those. Still, it would be neat to play with one if only for long enough to get bored with it. Not neat enough to spend hundres or thousands on it, though :D

• 8 months later...