IGNORED

How do you change weapons in Wolf 3d?

sirlynxalot

I recently picked up wolfenstein as cartridge only and I can't for the life of me figure out how to switch between the weapons I've picked up. I tried to google it and a youtube comment said you could switch with the keypad - but even the overlay doesn't indicate that any of the keypad functions do this - and needless to say I've pressed all buttons on the controller multiple times and tried some different button combinations already.

This is getting kind of silly :D

I've said it before and I'll say it a million times, this would be the perfect version of Wolf 3D *IF* you could select the knife.

Oh man, seriously? I totally forgot about that. Can you select the knife in the PC version, and not in on the Jag version? I don't even remember...

It seems that you can select weapons with option, but you only cycle through your best ones.

IE: I should have had the pistol, machine gun, chaingun, rocket launcher and flamethrower - but pressing option only let me cycle between the chaingun, rocket launcher and flamethrower... perhaps because the chaingun is the best of the bullet firing funs, so they figure no one would want to revert back to pistol or machine gun...

Likewise I could not select the knife, though I assume the knife appears if you run out of bullets.

What I enjoyed doing on the PC and Mac version was sneaking around corners and knifing people. Was stealthier and required more skill. Of course you need the bigger weapons for those that you cannot kill with a stab or two.

In the Jaguar version you can have the knife if you are out of bullets. Sucks.

Fun game still, but that keeps it from being the best in my book.