IGNORED

In search of Basic B Cartridge

jacobus

Here's a few data points. My basic cartridge looks like the center "computing language" cart and peek(43234) gives me 162= rev A. So based on the previous post, I would say the label will not tell you which version ROM it has.

My 800XL give me 234= rev C.

edit:

Here are ROMS.

post-24519-0-34644400-1416176617_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

AFIK, the 1200XL did not come with a BASIC cart. I don't remember getting a cart with mine...

Bob

I didn't buy one new back then, but I would have been very surprised if Inc. had included BASIC for free - after all, to get BASIC with my 400 and 800 back then, I had to buy the Programmer Kit as well.

• Like 1

I didn't know why this was happening until I figured out it was something different with 'C' that was causing the fuji to seperate.

Nope. Line 50 of the "LOGO" program contains an extra :PRINT at the end...so naturally it would skip a line regardless of the Basic rev. used during execution.

post-222-0-72082900-1416565061_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nukey Shay

• 4 weeks later...

Nope. Line 50 of the "LOGO" program contains an extra :PRINT at the end...so naturally it would skip a line regardless of the Basic rev. used during execution.

That's weird. Why would they do that? If it was a typo how did it get past Atari? This logo was used on a ton of programs. I see Rev. A displays the logo properly even with the statement, but that still seems like a big bug to let slip.

• Like 1

That's indeed a known bug in Rev.A. Due to the origin of TurboBasic, it is also a known bug there. I made a fix for this (and a couple of other issues) ages ago.

You fixed that bug in TurboBasic? Was it the last version of TurboBasic? If so put the next higher revision number on it and spread it around the world!

Edited by _The Doctor__

So it's an emulated bug to make things work properly, not a real bug.... I never had a real manual... if that's the case then TurboBasic is that much cooler. I would wish for default as bug-emu off... maybe he reversed default bug on to off in his fix?

Edited by _The Doctor__