IGNORED

Ordered a NOS PEB. Now what?

wyerd

That is a shame and I am sad to hear that he may have become one of the "Dark Side" sellers... I have had great luck and great exchanges (conversational) with the guy.

I'm sure he is an OK guy if everything goes right.

But to get a refund without having to return it... I had to agree to cancel the transaction, which meant I couldn't leave feedback.

It felt like I was being paid off to keep quiet...

... a bit ironic considering the current scandal involving a certain TI 99 spokesman, eh?

Edited by eccofonic

Which package was it? I have bought a number of things from him (and the guy who bought the other half of the old Dhein's trove) and the only package that was missing anything was the Myarc Extended BASIC IV package. That one listed the EPROM for the 128K card as part of the package, but it wasn't in the box because the ones shipped to Dhein's had the memory card as part of the package, so the chip was already installed in one of the cards. I resolved that one by buying a complete set from the other seller (Fiftiesfanfromiowa), since that was where I originally bought the XB IV package. The seller didn't know that the chip wouldn't be in the box, so it was no foul on their part.

Which package was it? I have bought a number of things from him (and the guy who bought the other half of the old Dhein's trove) and the only package that was missing anything was the Myarc Extended BASIC IV package. That one listed the EPROM for the 128K card as part of the package, but it wasn't in the box because the ones shipped to Dhein's had the memory card as part of the package, so the chip was already installed in one of the cards. I resolved that one by buying a complete set from the other seller (Fiftiesfanfromiowa), since that was where I originally bought the XB IV package. The seller didn't know that the chip wouldn't be in the box, so it was no foul on their part.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=351161231717

Still hasn't changed the listing despite other people leaving feedback saying that the disk is missing...

Edited by eccofonic

Actually, come to think of it, one of my SuperSpace II sets was actually missing the cartridge. The seller refunded me an amount and I kept the disks. I cannot remember now from whom I purchased it, and I am not certain it was one of the two Deihns fellas...

I am VERY happy with my HxC!

A couple of other guys just recently got them as well. You might want to ask them were they got their 5.25 to 3.5 adapters, power Y-cable, and ribbon cable though.

As for how it fits, look at the picture below... :)

med_gallery_35324_1027_52489.jpg

When I save up enough cash and have some good cash flow coming in, I'm going to get at least TWO of these HXC Floppy. Since they are 3.5" wide units. I like to see what drive adapters you are using. Let me know what kind of drive bay adapter and other parts you used including the Y-adapter for feeding power to both drives and so forth. I have the Floppy Controller board so I could possibly mod it for 80 track while preserving my original components.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=351161231717

Still hasn't changed the listing despite other people leaving feedback saying that the disk is missing...

Dammit!!

I bought this E/A package from him months ago and it's been sat on a shelf waiting for a PEB so I could use it. Just found that it only contains disk "Part B". What's on Part A that without it makes it useless?

Dammit!!

I bought this E/A package from him months ago and it's been sat on a shelf waiting for a PEB so I could use it. Just found that it only contains disk "Part B". What's on Part A that without it makes it useless?

Funny you should say that...

He said that many had been sold and nobody complained.

I countered that alot of people on eBay are collectors and probably haven't even cracked the wrap.

Part A contains the actual programs.

I can only assume TI did this because the programs took up more memory than could be put in ROM at the time?

Maybe a more knowledgeable TI-99'er could explain...

Edited by eccofonic

Specifically, what disk are you missing? I might have an extra (or can make a copy).

Thanks very much for the offer. I'm missing the Editor/Assembler disk Part A. Although I now have the PEB and a disc controller, I still need to purchase a drive, be it a 3.5", 5.25" or a HxC device which I expect is what I'll be getting. Is Part A available to download somewhere?

My boxed copy of E/A from Tex-Comp came with a flippy disk. The missing disk was on the other side. Check for another label there. This is from the tan binder version.

Part B is inside a cardboard folder, which in turn is in the binder sleeve with the other bits and pieces. No sign of any other disk.

Part B is inside a cardboard folder, which in turn is in the binder sleeve with the other bits and pieces. No sign of any other disk.

@Torrax’s reference to a flippy disk was referring to a single disk that has 2 index holes (unusual) instead of 1 (usual). It's still SSSD; but, you insert the disk into the drive upside down (flipped) to read the other side. The index hole is a 1/4"-hole offset from the spindle hole (large, >1" central hole).

...lee

the seller is not answering my message since 4 days about shipping 2 other items with the PEB. instead he raised the price for the PEB to 149,99 USD. :(

Luckily I caught one of these when they were still listed for $89. It just arrived today with no visible damage to the box so my fingers are crossed. Please no scratches..... I HATE scratches or dents - they are forever magnets for my eyes once I notice them. :)

@Torrax’s reference to a flippy disk was referring to a single disk that has 2 index holes (unusual) instead of 1 (usual). It's still SSSD; but, you insert the disk into the drive upside down (flipped) to read the other side. The index hole is a 1/4"-hole offset from the spindle hole (large, >1" central hole).

...lee

Ahhhhh!!!!! No it's not a flippy. Label only on one side.

They always seemed to be mixed together in the stores too, back in the day, so the fact that these are mixed is no surprise. PEBs didn't sell all that well at first, so stocks built up until TI came out with a really nice deal that got you a PEB with 32K, RS-232, Disk Controller+Disk, and a Logo, E/A, TI Writer, or Microsoft Multiplan set for something like $300 or $400. It was one of the last pre-Black Friday attempts to jump start the market. That was when I switched from sidecar peripherals to my first PEB. I bought it at a K-Mart. . .