IGNORED

Apple II Games You'd Like Ported

bbking67

Wizardry would be nice.

But my go-to games on the A2 are Sabotage (a really great shooter) and BOLO (a nice maze tank game where the mission is to destroy the enemy generators on each level).

It'd be nice to see ports of those two on the A8.

They've been on my 'some day when I get the time' list for a very long time.

Wizardry would be nice.

But my go-to games on the A2 are Sabotage (a really great shooter) and BOLO (a nice maze tank game where the mission is to destroy the enemy generators on each level).

It'd be nice to see ports of those two on the A8.

They've been on my 'some day when I get the time' list for a very long time.

Sabotage was already ported to the Atari in case you missed that.

Huh. I'd never heard of it.

Strange that there's no score display (spending points on shots is a major part of the game), and I don't agree with the color choices or sound choices, but otherwise it's pretty cool that someone made it. Thanks for pointing that out!

Thanks to this thread I've only just seen that "Spare Change" was also an Atari 8-bit game having watch it's Apple version on YouTube.

Sundog looks like a good contender.

Battle Chess is a missing title for the A8 but not sure whether porting the Apple or C64 version would be easiest, although they'd share a good portion of the code base.

I say that with a bit of desire can perform conversions from Apple2. Apple2 has the same processor, running slower than atari, graphics should be redefined. it requires a bit of work but it is doable.

old apple2 conversions:

• Like 3

I say that with a bit of desire can perform conversions from Apple2. Apple2 has the same processor, running slower than atari, graphics should be redefined. it requires a bit of work but it is doable.

Have you slowed down that last invader yet? please please ;)

Strange that there's no score display (spending points on shots is a major part of the game), and I don't agree with the color choices or sound choices, but otherwise it's pretty cool that someone made it. Thanks for pointing that out!

Err, the score is displayed in the square box that the gun sits on. :P

I remember a RPG called "The Dark Heart of UuKrul". It took me years, but I also found the PC DOS version on an Abandonware website. I see this Dungeon Hunt is somewhat similar, but I don't know how extensive his RPG element is to it.

I loved Dark Heart of Uukrul. It's on my list of Apple II games I need to beat (I've only had it for 25 years, I'll get around to it). It was only released for Apple II and DOS. I assume a C64 version was planned but not released for some reason since that was usually the pattern at the time.