IGNORED

Ninja Wall Jump game - WIP

walaber

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey! any news on when these carts will be made, this looks to be about the best homebrew 2600 game i have seen, would love to play it on actual hardwear!

also kudos atariage forums for this whole thread, great to see so many people help with input on thiis guys game development!

nice one

=)

• 3 weeks later...

Ahkay, he had said previously the Classic Gaming Fest, but that would make sense. I don't think an order I'd make in mid-October would arrive before November the 14th, which is when I'd need the other thing by (I live in Australia), so I probably should just order this stuff nowish and the new stuff later on :)

Edited by K.Michael

• 1 month later...

Saw this at PRGE and it was an impulse buy (when I found out the show was ending for the day in 15 mins). I saw it on display when I walked by Atariage's booth's and this along with Jump VCS caught my attention. Albert graciously assisted with the purchase (as I took him out of conversation with another patron) along with a few other carts

This game is one of my favorites. Kudos to the author. Would have liked to have heard some more Atarivox, but perhaps there's more the farther you get?...here's a video I did via streaming on an RGB modded Vader output to an XRGB Framemeister...

https://youtu.be/M4ozfbcvjo8?t=3m32s

Edited by funkwad

Saw this at PRGE and it was an impulse buy (when I found out the show was ending for the day in 15 mins). I saw it on display when I walked by Atariage's booth's and this along with Jump VCS caught my attention. Albert graciously assisted with the purchase (as I took him out of conversation with another patron) along with a few other carts

This game is one of my favorites. Kudos to the author. Would have liked to have heard some more Atarivox, but perhaps there's more the farther you get?...here's a video I did via streaming on an RGB modded Vader output to an XRGB Framemeister...

https://youtu.be/M4ozfbcvjo8?t=3m32s

Sorry about the AtariVox confusion, it's only used for saving high scores for all of the modes, there isn't actually any voice FX.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey just a heads up, I bought this game and it's amazing, but I'm having trouble with high score saving on my AtariVox. It seems the Vox chirps and doesn't save the high score. Not sure if it's my Vox that's acting up or the game. I speaks properly and recalls my old high scores in other games, but high score saving doesn't seem to work in Wall Jump Ninja.

Don't mean to derail so I made another thread (with video):

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/246942-atarivox-not-saving-high-scores-in-wall-jump-ninja/

I may be guessing that the Atarivox's memory might be full to record more score.

That's not how the Vox works. I own maybe a half dozen or so titles that use it. Each released homebrew game get's it's own memory slot and there is a ton of unallocated memory left for future homebrews.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well it took a while but here is an updated ROM in all 3 formats, this fixes SaveKey issues. Beware that if you have the 1.0 version, and you play the game on "Hard (no lava", it's possible that the game will overwrite a byte on the saveKey that's reserved for "Assembloids". The new build resolves the issue and keeps save data in the proper spot for Wall Jump Ninja on the SaveKey :skull:

wall_jump_ninja_20160508_v1_1_NTSC.bin

wall_jump_ninja_20160508_v1_1_PAL.bin

wall_jump_ninja_20160508_v1_1_PAL60.bin

• Like 7

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

We'll be featuring Wall Jump Ninja LIVE on tomorrow's (Friday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT where I will try to reclaim my WORLD RECORD!!! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:
- Gene Medic (2017) by Jason H. Moore aka scitari
- Battle-Zuma (2019) by Ricardo Pim
- Wall Jump Ninja (2015) (World Record Attempt) by walaber
- Kaboom! (1981) (Patch Attempt) by Larry Kaplan

815040765_20190913-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.5256bde289c201633257d8d7594e3035.jpg

• Like 1